Hewlett-Packard

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2013.

Interview Details – Flew me in for a third round interview. The interview consisted of 8 back to back interviews with various employees within the department. The schedule of who I interviewed with was a little mixed up and different from the initial schedule. Everyone for the most part was nice to talk to but a few seemed uninterested. Pretty straight forward with mostly behavioral questions and a few on the job hypothetical questions.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2011.

Interview Details – There were two initial phone interviews. Next I had a panel interview with around six people. They each took turns asking specific questions about past experiences and how I would handle specific situitions. Next I was called to discuss my expectations for compensation. The offer came a few days later.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with your manager. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Being honest and open can really help and speed up the negotiations

San Diego, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2010.

Interview Details – Very intensive, consisted of 9 back-to-back interviews with team members from multiple disciplines including R&D, Design, and Marketing. Initial conversations via phone and over coffee were very casual. On-site interviews were friend, but exhaustive. They knew what they were getting if they hired me, before the made the offer.

HP is very collaborative, they are seeking out people with conviction and leadership skills. They wanted someone who could hit the ground running. Probed on relevant experiences and approach to job.

Interview Question – Why not apply at other tech firms?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Complex, but very fair in evaluating a fair compensation.

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Interview Details – Had to call in for a morning phone conference interview with two women. The interview was pretty straightforward.

Interview Question – "if Germans were the tallest people in the world how would you prove it"   View Answers (41)

Product Marketing Manager

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – Multiple telephonic rounds, One face to face round
Interview purpose to identify the past experience, your real involvement in your claims, and finding the fit between your passion, experience with the job on offer.
Perception of the interviewers differed in aspects such as Open, Knowledge level, Scrutiny vs. Intent, and so on. At times, the job role definition was skewed, and realized that especially once I joined.

Interview Questions

• How would you bring a change to HP if you are selected for the role?   View Answer
  • Explain how your past work experiences helped the respective companies gain more market share, or enhance the top line?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was on the tougher side considering the lack of information shared about the band/grade and so on.

Product Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process took very long. Weeks between hearing from people, but everyone was friendly.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard Product Marketing Manager interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.