Hewlett-Packard Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Broomfield, CO

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Broomfield, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

Four managers taking turns, all sitting in the same, closed, brick room; I provided them a portfolio of my accomplishments and capabilities. Good interview, however, they decided they want and Engineer for this Product Marketing role. I do know three product managers were also picked for a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about laying out a strategic marketing plan?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Flew me in for a third round interview. The interview consisted of 8 back to back interviews with various employees within the department. The schedule of who I interviewed with was a little mixed up and different from the initial schedule. Everyone for the most part was nice to talk to but a few seemed uninterested. Pretty straight forward with mostly behavioral questions and a few on the job hypothetical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2011.

Interview

There were two initial phone interviews. Next I had a panel interview with around six people. They each took turns asking specific questions about past experiences and how I would handle specific situitions. Next I was called to discuss my expectations for compensation. The offer came a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't agree with your manager. What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Being honest and open can really help and speed up the negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Cupertino, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Had to call in for a morning phone conference interview with two women. The interview was pretty straightforward.

Interview Questions

• "if Germans were the tallest people in the world how would you prove it"   47 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Very intensive, consisted of 9 back-to-back interviews with team members from multiple disciplines including R&D, Design, and Marketing. Initial conversations via phone and over coffee were very casual. On-site interviews were friend, but exhaustive. They knew what they were getting if they hired me, before the made the offer.

HP is very collaborative, they are seeking out people with conviction and leadership skills. They wanted someone who could hit the ground running. Probed on relevant experiences and approach to job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Complex, but very fair in evaluating a fair compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2010.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter about a contract position. During the first --and only-- interview day, I met with three people: the hiring manager, a person at that team, the director of a stakeholder team. That evening, I received a call from the recruiter with a job offer. I accepted. After five months in that role, I applied for a job as a regular HP employee. That hiring process took approximately four weeks. The hiring manager set up interviews with several people inside and outside our team. These interviews were complete within a week. Then I waited for three weeks and was told that the hiring process is slow. Eventually, I was hired full time. Although I took a cut in base salary, I received health care, 401(k) matching, free access to the fitness center and opportunities for salary increases, annual performance bonuses and stock.

Interview Questions

• Give me a search optimization plan for telecommunications service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was told what the annual salary would be. Knowing that it was going to be a short-term pay cut, my manager also provided a signing bonus and told me, sincerely, that this is the best he could do as a start. He said, if I continued to perform as I had, he'd see to a salary increase.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Interview

Hiring process is quite detail oriented and focused on the candidate being able to deliver under pressure of deadlines. Candidate is interviewed by 3 or more people from the team, at-least, to make sure He or She is a good fit. Lots of questions around previous work experience and responsibilities. Focus on general knowledge and current news from around the world of science.

Interview Questions

• Describe a IT HW industry business model end to end.   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview

Multiple telephonic rounds, One face to face round
    Interview purpose to identify the past experience, your real involvement in your claims, and finding the fit between your passion, experience with the job on offer.
    Perception of the interviewers differed in aspects such as Open, Knowledge level, Scrutiny vs. Intent, and so on. At times, the job role definition was skewed, and realized that especially once I joined.

Interview Questions

• How would you bring a change to HP if you are selected for the role?   1 Answer
    • Explain how your past work experiences helped the respective companies gain more market share, or enhance the top line?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was on the tougher side considering the lack of information shared about the band/grade and so on.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2009.

Interview

The interview process took very long. Weeks between hearing from people, but everyone was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation.