Hewlett-Packard

Updated Aug 21, 2014

2.7

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager () Interview

.I applied through other source.I got the first call right after I submitted the application.then I had 2 phone interviews with hiring and staff managers .one on site interview. they asked some behavioral questions as well as some technical questions .after 3 weeks HR contacted me and offered the position.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Information interviewing. A lot of HP terminology, systems and processes. Interviewed with hiring manager and technical person. Plan to set yourself apart. Demonstrate skills and results. Interview pretty easy and open.

Could not relocate

Project Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

short hiring process

little to none

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Started with one phone interview, basic background questions. Then followed up by three on-site interviews with various questions on previous projects, ODM/vendor experiences, and solutions for real-life development issues.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give me some creative ways to acquire component samples from a vendor of no partner history? and we need it for engineering validation in two days.   Answer Question
    not much negotiation. I gave my ideal #, the hiring manager gave his to the HR, and the HR recruiter made the last call. So take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Hired on-the-spot with no interview process. There was no "corporate orientation," I just started working. No on-the-job training, and they don't pay for renewal of certification (e.g., PMP) that they push you to get.

Interview Questions
    • Like I said, there weren't any questions or interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiations - I just got the going rate.

Project Manager Interview

Very big into behavioral interviewing asking for specific examples from your background.

Interview Questions
    • Technical question that tested basic understanding of physics which I had long forgotten   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Hiring and Interview Process is fast paced, multiple interviews within a short notice and within couple days. Interviews include position details, technical skills, personal skills and Q&A. Be open minded, sharp, quick thinker and ability to communicate well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

Interview with...
    1. Hiring Manager
    2. Two team members
    3. College recruiter manager
    Finally, face to face meeting with Hiring manager. Received an offer in person. :)

Interview Questions
    • none.
      very straight forward...
      Background and experience questions...
        Answer Question
    no negotiation phase.

Project Manager Interview

Most of the questions will be around the project management phases, try to be very detail with the phases, however avoid sounding like you are like reading it. Also they will be asking for examples where you have to delegate, create reports from data, etc.

Interview Questions
    • There isnt any difucult question, it just a matter to relax. They dont like people to feel anxious or nervous. It will mean that you can't hold your nerves and you have a hard time to talk in public.   Answer Question
    Avoid asking for money right away, if they feel that you are just for the money they will not make an offer. HP is fair, and will try to get you into the average

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2012.

The interview is in 3 or 4 stages depending on if there is a recruiter.
    1.Recruiter
    2.Project Team Lead
    3. Manager
    4. Level 2 manager

Interviews were straight to the point. They wanted to know about direct projects and duties covered in previous positions.

Be prepared to answer questions about your preferred type of leadership, your leadership style, Strengths, Weaknesses, and potential growth.

They will ask about times of adversity in the workplace and how you handled.
    They will ask about timelines/ deadlines and how you work with people not meeting them.
    They will ask about self discipline and time management.

Be prepared to to tell stories of previous encounters, projects and success stories.
    Emphasize working well with others, being a leader, and time management.

Interview Questions
    • How do you define which is most important within a project?
      What is your greatest weakness outside of being persistence and detailed oriented?
      What is the next step after this job?
        Answer Question
    It took 6 weeks to negotiate salary and job level. This was partly due to end of year numbers.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!