Hewlett-Packard Project Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2015

2.7

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Series of telephone interviews. Well done, could tell the hiring manager had a selection of questions he would pick from, so more standardized than most. Very interested in 'fit' as most questions revolved around why do you want this position, what are your long term goals.

Interview Questions

• How would you define a project.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Project Manager Interview

Interview

All interviews conducted via phone. Interview pretty easy and open. A good number of questions on HP terminology, systems and processes. Interviewed with hiring manager and technical person. Set yourself apart by demonstrating skills and results.

Project Manager () Interview

Interview

.I applied through other source.I got the first call right after I submitted the application.then I had 2 phone interviews with hiring and staff managers .one on site interview. they asked some behavioral questions as well as some technical questions .after 3 weeks HR contacted me and offered the position.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2014.

Interview

Information interviewing. A lot of HP terminology, systems and processes. Interviewed with hiring manager and technical person. Plan to set yourself apart. Demonstrate skills and results. Interview pretty easy and open.

Could not relocate

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

short hiring process

Interview Questions

Negotiation

little to none

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview

2 phone interviews and one face to face interview. The phone interviews were basic discuss my qualifications and background. Seemed to focus on if personality was a fit.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Started with one phone interview, basic background questions. Then followed up by three on-site interviews with various questions on previous projects, ODM/vendor experiences, and solutions for real-life development issues.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me some creative ways to acquire component samples from a vendor of no partner history? and we need it for engineering validation in two days.   Answer Question

Negotiation

not much negotiation. I gave my ideal #, the hiring manager gave his to the HR, and the HR recruiter made the last call. So take it or leave it.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Very big into behavioral interviewing asking for specific examples from your background.

Interview Questions

• Technical question that tested basic understanding of physics which I had long forgotten   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Hiring and Interview Process is fast paced, multiple interviews within a short notice and within couple days. Interviews include position details, technical skills, personal skills and Q&A. Be open minded, sharp, quick thinker and ability to communicate well.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Most of the questions will be around the project management phases, try to be very detail with the phases, however avoid sounding like you are like reading it. Also they will be asking for examples where you have to delegate, create reports from data, etc.

Interview Questions

• There isnt any difucult question, it just a matter to relax. They dont like people to feel anxious or nervous. It will mean that you can't hold your nerves and you have a hard time to talk in public.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Avoid asking for money right away, if they feel that you are just for the money they will not make an offer. HP is fair, and will try to get you into the average