Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – short hiring process

Interview Question – None come to mind   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – little to none

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Started with one phone interview, basic background questions. Then followed up by three on-site interviews with various questions on previous projects, ODM/vendor experiences, and solutions for real-life development issues.

Interview Question – Can you give me some creative ways to acquire component samples from a vendor of no partner history? and we need it for engineering validation in two days.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much negotiation. I gave my ideal #, the hiring manager gave his to the HR, and the HR recruiter made the last call. So take it or leave it.

Very Easy Interview

Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hired on-the-spot with no interview process. There was no "corporate orientation," I just started working. No on-the-job training, and they don't pay for renewal of certification (e.g., PMP) that they push you to get.

Interview Question – Like I said, there weren't any questions or interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations - I just got the going rate.

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – Very big into behavioral interviewing asking for specific examples from your background.

Interview Question – Technical question that tested basic understanding of physics which I had long forgotten   Answer Question

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview Process is fast paced, multiple interviews within a short notice and within couple days. Interviews include position details, technical skills, personal skills and Q&A. Be open minded, sharp, quick thinker and ability to communicate well.

Interview Question – Nothing specific I can say.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with...
1. Hiring Manager
2. Two team members
3. College recruiter manager
Finally, face to face meeting with Hiring manager. Received an offer in person. :)

Interview Question – none.
very straight forward...
Background and experience questions...
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation phase.

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – Most of the questions will be around the project management phases, try to be very detail with the phases, however avoid sounding like you are like reading it. Also they will be asking for examples where you have to delegate, create reports from data, etc.

Interview Question – There isnt any difucult question, it just a matter to relax. They dont like people to feel anxious or nervous. It will mean that you can't hold your nerves and you have a hard time to talk in public.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Avoid asking for money right away, if they feel that you are just for the money they will not make an offer. HP is fair, and will try to get you into the average

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview is in 3 or 4 stages depending on if there is a recruiter.
1.Recruiter
2.Project Team Lead
3. Manager
4. Level 2 manager

Interviews were straight to the point. They wanted to know about direct projects and duties covered in previous positions.

Be prepared to answer questions about your preferred type of leadership, your leadership style, Strengths, Weaknesses, and potential growth.

They will ask about times of adversity in the workplace and how you handled.
They will ask about timelines/ deadlines and how you work with people not meeting them.
They will ask about self discipline and time management.

Be prepared to to tell stories of previous encounters, projects and success stories.
Emphasize working well with others, being a leader, and time management.

Interview Question – How do you define which is most important within a project?
What is your greatest weakness outside of being persistence and detailed oriented?
What is the next step after this job?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It took 6 weeks to negotiate salary and job level. This was partly due to end of year numbers.

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2008.

Interview Details – Multiple single person interviews. Hiring manager took me out to lunch. Very informal and this allowed me to interview them as well. I enjoyed the process very much. Within 2 days I had a job offer.

Interview Question – How do you deal with embarrassing personal situations between employees? For instance, what if you have a fellow employee who refuses to bathe?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for a particular salary and they agreed right away. Which meant I didn't ask for enough.

Tallahassee, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was originally hired by EDS years ago. I submitted my resume on line over a weekend and was contacted the Monday after that for an interview and was hired. For HP, when I was promoted to Project Manager, the account actually called me into the office and asked me to take the position. The only interview I did was with the recruiter who basically determines if you meet the basic requirements for the position. Normally, if you pass that interview, the account will then conduct it's own interview and determine if they want to hire you. It's pretty straight forward.

Interview Question – There wasn't one.   Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!