Hewlett-Packard Project Manager Senior Interview Questions

2.8

Project Manager Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

I participated in a pretty standard phone interview where it was obvious they were looking for specific answers to project management skills questions. This process seems to have been used to weed out candidates that did not meet qualification requirements.
The group interview at the 2nd level was more of a personality test. As the questions were more hypothetical "what would you do" and "how would you respond". This round seemed to be more about finding the right person to fit in with the existing team.

Interview Questions

• If you have a disconnect between what the client is asking for and the direction you are receiving from management to follow contract guidelines, how would you handle further communication with the client?   1 Answer
  • If you have someone on your team who has "gone native" and is considering the interests of the client to the detriment of the interests of their employer, how would you handle this resource?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much need for negotiation, as standard benefits were acceptable.
Don't be afraid to ask for recognition of your experience and time working at another company. Vacation seems to be a big thing that companies want you to start over at 2-3 weeks even if you have 10+ years of experience in your field. Ask for the same vacation benefits you had earned at your previous position.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Project Manager Senior Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Reston, VA) in September 2009.

Interview

Found opening on clearance jobs web site. Submitted resume via web site. Telephone interview led to screening interview with senior managers and HR. Then met with current project manager who was requesting reassignment. I requested an on-site meeting with customer and to walk the floor and see the environment.

Interview Questions

Poor physical environment. Undesirable human dynamics in work environment.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2011.

Interview

Initial interview focused on the creation and management of a program management office for a large scale transformation across a Fortune 50 company. This was followed by detailted technical and process questions on how to manage, direct and measure key functions on achieving the transformational goals. This included working with senior mangement to report progress on goals, and where the remaining gaps needed to be addressed.

Interview Questions

• How would you structure a PMO to accomplish the set of deliverables required by senior management?   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (São Bernardo do Campo (Brazil)) in June 2011.

Interview

Hiring was so simple since i have worked before in the company and They know me well and experience and qualifications

Interview Questions

• As I told before it was so simple i only had to update my work experience   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offer me an amount and call them later and suggest more than they offer and we agree between.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2010.

Interview

I actually had a strange (mostly in a good way) interview process. A friend told me about a job and I applied online. He made an internal recommendation to the hiring manager and I got contacted for an interview. Actually, I got an email from the hiring manager (not HR) telling me to set up interviews with a list of six people. He gave me their email addresses and I was left to contact them all individually and schedule times that worked on their calendar. I've never had that experience before - having to set up my own interview meetings. Anyway, I had 30 minutes interviews with each of the six people over a period of days. Then, a week later I had an interview with the hiring manager. He was very straightforward, which I liked. I liked the job and he liked me. But it was another couple of weeks before I heard from him again (mostly due to the Christmas holidays). Then I had a video interview with the hiring manager (via Skype). The next day I got a call from the hiring manager and he made me an offer. Again, this is not what I'm used to. Usually, HR contacts candidates and makes the offer.

Overall, the process was good. It was more drawn out that I would have liked, but that was mostly due to the holidays in the middle. I liked the people who interviewed me, and I think it really helped that I was very open and straightforward with my answers. I was impressed with the feeling that HP is a giant company and that employees learn to focus on their little part of the business. I was also happy to find out that HP is very progressive on the remote workplace concept. Most of the people I work with on a regular basis do not go into the office.

Interview Questions

• You have never worked for a company as large as HP. What unique challenges do you think working for a company this big will present? What can you do to overcome those challenges?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The company made me an offer that was in line with my expectation. I decided to try to get a little more, but was not successful. Again, it was strange to be negotiating with the person I would be working for since I didn't want to create any long-term bad feelings.

Project Manager Senior Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2008.

Interview

Initial Interview by telephone after curriculum analysis and recommendations. Face-to-face Interviews (2) with the Coordinator of the area that had less than 3 months in the company and without the presence of RH.Organization and planning of interviews bad, delays and disruptions constants

The company's financial proposal was closed and no room for negotiation. Low remuneration.