Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Release Manager Interview

Release Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online around middle of February. I received an email from the hiring manager requesting my availably for a series of phone interviews. I replied back 24 hours later with my schedule. I didn't hear from her until two weeks later. We arranged another date for a telephone interview. It was a basic background assessment, and my knowledge regarding release management.

She informed me that she is recruiting for a new functional group. That went well and she wanted me to speak with another manager over their SAP implementation a week later. This was the same type of interview, in addition to him asking my interest in SAP.***mind you SAP exp was never mentioned in the job description and I asked if it was a necessary skill. He informed me no.

Last interview was with a peer manager and this was more technical and asked me again about my experience in release management. Though this manager was not involved with this new group, the hiring manager wanted another perspective.

One day after the 3rd interview, the hiring manager follow up via email stating.....and I quote
"we decided to not continue with your application for the release management position. It was a hard decision to make, but we would like to focus on more SAP exposure for this position."

In conclusion: they were looking for someone with SAP experience/exposure which I asked about and was assured it was not importing on a decision..however it was.

Interview Question – release management exp   Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!