Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales

I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty basic. Question were geared towards current work experience, behavioral questions and why i would be a great fit for the job.

Interview Question – none technical. for sales jobs may be an impromptu sales pitch required.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – pay is not negotiable.

Roseville, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – I made it to the second round and it was a phone interview with 2 other people. Still behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Why are you the best candidate for this job.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was not interested in Sales.

New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2008.

Interview Details – Straightforward Interview process. Phone conversation with Regional Sales Director for 45 - 60 minutes to qualify. Conversational in nature. Met face to face with Operations and Sales executives over 1 day. Overall culture and people are easy going and experienced. Committed to Ethical behavior. Focused on operational sales excellence, customer management and pipeline activity growth metrics (historically). Also, wanted to understand your ability to meet with C-Level executives on the customer side to drive new opportunities and business value. Working with internal and external partners to drive profitability and sucess across all relationships.

Interview Question – Your view of how to build your business and work for a large organization to get things done   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiated compensation and sign on bonus.

Sales

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, an admin called me and set up time to talk to the hiring manager, I spoke to the hiring manager, and then to his boss over the phone. Then the hiring manager flew to town and offered me the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Go for the highest base salary you can because HP doesn't believe in raises. If you want more than 2 weeks vacation, negotiate that part too.

Sales

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2010.

Interview Details – Good people, responsive to my need for quick response

Interview Question – How would you position product to sell it to a customer   Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!