Hewlett-Packard Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2015

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

connected with a friend, who made an introduction. HP uses a resume posting system, so sometimes your resume does not get flagged to the hiring manager. Phone and 2 in person interviews

Interview Questions

• General questions about management style, vision and approach; experience in the industry; how you ramp a sales team and propel it to the next level; how you would connect with your peers in other business units; and your inspection process. Salesforce.com is their CRM system   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Interview

Telephone Interview. In person interview. Hired quickly, but details took a long time. Professional interview with specific questions targeted to understand background and experience. Interviewed at company in managers office. Bleek building décor inside, nothing that demonstrates the company culture or personality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter gave me one number during interview phase then came back with a much lower offer. Company not too willing to negotiate after offer.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in November 2008.

Interview

To get to this service requires that I put in color place inter exterior paint and talk about something that is meaningful to the rest of the world like windows 7 and energy efficient printers that sit on my desk. So, if this is something that you find value in fine. I just want to get to the end goal here.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Interviews at multiple regional levels, hr processes are slow, decision is not fast can take months,

Interview Questions

• what would be the 30-60-90 days plan to start in the new role, overview of the business, make the experience relevant   Answer Question

Sale Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Singapore (Singapore)) in June 2013.

Interview

phone interview

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Almaty (Kazakhstan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Almaty (Kazakhstan)) in August 2011.

Interview

pretty standard questions set. most of the focus was on my connections in public and enterprise sector, sales skills and motivation to change my previous job, a lot of questions about my future plans and whether I plan to relocate (they are looking for long term engagements)

Interview Questions

• What is your strong and weak sides and how do you thing you will be useful for our company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was pretty tough considering that HP is a very attractive employer so the interviewer was very demanding

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casablanca (Morocco)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Casablanca (Morocco)) in October 2010.

Interview

2x interviews was done by people based in Dubai by phone 2x interviews was done locally with the MD and the HR

Interview Questions

Negotiation

try to negociate the base salary and the level of management (1;2...)

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in June 2010.

Interview

The interviewers were very professional and concentrated more on what do I currently do and how I do things. there were no silly or jargon questions. I advise all the future candidates to prepare a well understanding of their current market and to show that they have an understanding of the HP's targeted maket or product. knowledge of the market was more important that the knowledge about the products, the ability to learn and adapt and comply to corporate policies seemed the most important.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join HP?   2 Answers
    • How do you sell to corporate accounts? through direct sales or channel sales, and why?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bracknell, England (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

Communication was done initially by email, to arrange the phone interview and the assessment day afterwards. The phone interview had some standard questions, aimed at getting a general impression about the skills and the personality of the candidate. The phone interview was well organized, as was the assessment day.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose HP   1 Answer
    • Tell us of an example when you did extra work just to meet the unexpected requirements of a client. Do you think he was grateful for that or it was just part of your job.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process was simple and the most easy set of interviews in my sales career. I was fortunate to meet some great recruiters in the process which resulted in me getting the job. I was not a big fan of the second phone interview only because the person who interviewed me had no sales background and it felt like she hadn't really done her homework before coming to the interview. Hey, I'm not complaining because afterall it was easier for me. :)

Interview Questions

• How would you propel the ________ Sales Team in the next quarter to meet targets?   Answer Question