Hewlett-Packard

Updated Jun 1, 2014

2.6

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Manager Interview

connected with a friend, who made an introduction. HP uses a resume posting system, so sometimes your resume does not get flagged to the hiring manager. Phone and 2 in person interviews

Interview Questions
  • General questions about management style, vision and approach; experience in the industry; how you ramp a sales team and propel it to the next level; how you would connect with your peers in other business units; and your inspection process. Salesforce.com is their CRM system   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Sales Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Telephone Interview. In person interview. Hired quickly, but details took a long time.
    Professional interview with specific questions targeted to understand background and experience. Interviewed at company in managers office. Bleek building décor inside, nothing that demonstrates the company culture or personality.

Interview Questions
    Recruiter gave me one number during interview phase then came back with a much lower offer. Company not too willing to negotiate after offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2008.

To get to this service requires that I put in color place inter exterior paint and talk about something that is meaningful to the rest of the world like windows 7 and energy efficient printers that sit on my desk. So, if this is something that you find value in fine. I just want to get to the end goal here.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 5 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interviews at multiple regional levels, hr processes are slow, decision is not fast can take months,

Interview Questions
    • what would be the 30-60-90 days plan to start in the new role, overview of the business, make the experience relevant   Answer Question

Sale Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

phone interview

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Casablanca (Morocco)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Casablanca (Morocco)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

2x interviews was done by people based in Dubai by phone
    2x interviews was done locally with the MD and the HR

Interview Questions
    try to negociate the base salary and the level of management (1;2...)

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

The interviewers were very professional and concentrated more on what do I currently do and how I do things. there were no silly or jargon questions. I advise all the future candidates to prepare a well understanding of their current market and to show that they have an understanding of the HP's targeted maket or product. knowledge of the market was more important that the knowledge about the products, the ability to learn and adapt and comply to corporate policies seemed the most important.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bracknell, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Communication was done initially by email, to arrange the phone interview and the assessment day afterwards. The phone interview had some standard questions, aimed at getting a general impression about the skills and the personality of the candidate. The phone interview was well organized, as was the assessment day.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you choose HP   View Answer
    • Tell us of an example when you did extra work just to meet the unexpected requirements of a client. Do you think he was grateful for that or it was just part of your job.   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

The process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2009.

The interview process was simple and the most easy set of interviews in my sales career. I was fortunate to meet some great recruiters in the process which resulted in me getting the job. I was not a big fan of the second phone interview only because the person who interviewed me had no sales background and it felt like she hadn't really done her homework before coming to the interview. Hey, I'm not complaining because afterall it was easier for me. :)

Interview Questions
    • How would you propel the ________ Sales Team in the next quarter to meet targets?   Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!