Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview Details – Decent, but lacked depth of exploring my skills...went too heavily on my resume. Culture seems broken, HP seems lost in the space I was skilled to work in. One potential co-worker actually called me names when I asked about work-life balance....that was all for me.

Interview Question – Will you join our team?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Poor market position in delivering Cloud services.

Rio Rancho, NM

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

Interview Details – At the time when i went in for the interview everyone was dressed in a professional manner. The interview lasted about an hour long while most of the questions were very straight forward and easy to answer. It was a group interview where i had to speak with 3 other managers during this time.

Negotiation Details – Didn't have much room to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Boise, ID

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Interview Details – It was a telephone interview only. No tough questions. It was clear that they were working on volume rather than quality. I was recruited through a 3rd party contractor so I wasn't a direct "core" employee of Hewlett Packard, which made it easy for them to accept or reject candidates. Or in my case discard them.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions presented whatsoever. After being hired during the first day of training they made it clear that the decision was based on their perception of our personality over the phone.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. It was through 3rd party contractor, the terms were non-negotiable.

Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring for my position as an internal canidate was very simple. I had 3 rounds of phone interviews and then was presented a job offer.

Interview Question – What value will you bring to the HP Partner communitiy?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation as an internal canidate was minimal. I requested relocation and that was approved.

Conway, AR

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process started with a phone interview. They asked a series of question about character, job history and situation based questions. The next step was a group interview with a few district managers. That was the final interview before the offer was made. I accepted the offer and it was followed by paperwork and training.

Interview Question – Name the top 5 in the Fortune10 and tell me why each company is successful?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

Interview Details – The interview went well, it had been several years since my last job interview so I was a bit nervous and unsure of what to expect. I believe that I performed well during the interview and answered the questions well. Due to time restrictions, the presentation that I had prepared for did not happen. I was told the job was mine but the internal politics took over and I was not offered the position.

Interview Question – If you were a car, what kind of car would you be?   View Answer

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Got called from HR, went to a 1 on 1 interview, asked about my background and normal behavioural questions. Got hired another day

Interview Question – Nothing normal   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2010.

Interview Details – Quick and painless

Interview Question – None - Good interviewees will be prepared for anything   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy and simple

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2008.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the Zonal head to begin with, started my session by self introduction wherein described my family, native place, education, first job experience & rewards connected to my first job which was in the channel segment. Gave the recent trend analysis of the IT hardware market which comprised of stiff competitors for HP. With special emphasis to my Dell's portfolio, got into discussion about their versatile work culture & my overall portfolio. As I came from the acquisition team, spoke about my key wins & rewards connected with all the achievements. Spoke about the business prospect theories which I personally believe & follow to stay motivated at work. Session became very interactive as interviewer became very curious to know detailing about their competitors business model & working culture. Lastly I passionately spoke about my endurance in dramatics and cars as my hobby. Second round was Video interactive session with national head of sales wherein I got 15 minutes to speak about myself & answer to his queries on my business losses & key learning’s out of those losses. I confidently remembered & spoke about the business lost against Hp specifically & tactical measures taken to win back those accounts for Dell.

Interview Questions

• Describe you key business loss or failures against competition and steps taken to recover   View Answer
  • If given an opportunity what will you change at Dell?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You should be definitely be aware of the market trend, I was very polite & straightforward at the same time as setting up expectations softly did not sound rude. At the same time took some extra time to consult & make right decision..

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2010.

Interview Details – The process was quick from the time I applied for the position to the time I interviewed. Had one interview and got the job.

Interview Question – Name a situation where a customer was upset and what you did   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!