Hewlett-Packard

2.3

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

It was a telephone interview only. No tough questions. It was clear that they were working on volume rather than quality. I was recruited through a 3rd party contractor so I wasn't a direct "core" employee of Hewlett Packard, which made it easy for them to accept or reject candidates. Or in my case discard them.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult questions presented whatsoever. After being hired during the first day of training they made it clear that the decision was based on their perception of our personality over the phone.   View Answer
There was no negotiation. It was through 3rd party contractor, the terms were non-negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Decent, but lacked depth of exploring my skills...went too heavily on my resume. Culture seems broken, HP seems lost in the space I was skilled to work in. One potential co-worker actually called me names when I asked about work-life balance....that was all for me.

Interview Questions

Poor market position in delivering Cloud services.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

At the time when i went in for the interview everyone was dressed in a professional manner. The interview lasted about an hour long while most of the questions were very straight forward and easy to answer. It was a group interview where i had to speak with 3 other managers during this time.

Didn't have much room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2011.

Hiring for my position as an internal canidate was very simple. I had 3 rounds of phone interviews and then was presented a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What value will you bring to the HP Partner communitiy?   Answer Question
    Negotiation as an internal canidate was minimal. I requested relocation and that was approved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

The interview process started with a phone interview. They asked a series of question about character, job history and situation based questions. The next step was a group interview with a few district managers. That was the final interview before the offer was made. I accepted the offer and it was followed by paperwork and training.

Interview Questions
    • Name the top 5 in the Fortune10 and tell me why each company is successful?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

The interview went well, it had been several years since my last job interview so I was a bit nervous and unsure of what to expect. I believe that I performed well during the interview and answered the questions well. Due to time restrictions, the presentation that I had prepared for did not happen. I was told the job was mine but the internal politics took over and I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a car, what kind of car would you be?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Got called from HR, went to a 1 on 1 interview, asked about my background and normal behavioural questions. Got hired another day

No negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2011.

Saw job posting on linkedin. Searched my network for a manager to refer me to hiring manager for position posted. Asked contact to send me hiring managers contact info. Got referral to hiring manager. Sent email to manager, applied online, followed up with name given by hiring manager as the screener. Phone interview by screener. Didn't meet the public sector experience request. Ended with if position with non public sector experience is available please contact

Interview Questions
    • What type of public sector experience do you have?   View Answer
    • What direct relationship do you have in Omaha related to SLED?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2010.

The process was quick from the time I applied for the position to the time I interviewed. Had one interview and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where a customer was upset and what you did   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2010.

Negative energy

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this organization if you received your degree in an unrelated field?   Answer Question