Hewlett-Packard Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in April 2014.

Interview

It was a telephone interview only. No tough questions. It was clear that they were working on volume rather than quality. I was recruited through a 3rd party contractor so I wasn't a direct "core" employee of Hewlett Packard, which made it easy for them to accept or reject candidates. Or in my case discard them.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions presented whatsoever. After being hired during the first day of training they made it clear that the decision was based on their perception of our personality over the phone.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was through 3rd party contractor, the terms were non-negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview

Decent, but lacked depth of exploring my skills...went too heavily on my resume. Culture seems broken, HP seems lost in the space I was skilled to work in. One potential co-worker actually called me names when I asked about work-life balance....that was all for me.

Interview Questions

Poor market position in delivering Cloud services.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Rio Rancho, NM) in June 2013.

Interview

At the time when i went in for the interview everyone was dressed in a professional manner. The interview lasted about an hour long while most of the questions were very straight forward and easy to answer. It was a group interview where i had to speak with 3 other managers during this time.

Negotiation

Didn't have much room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Seattle, WA) in December 2011.

Interview

Hiring for my position as an internal canidate was very simple. I had 3 rounds of phone interviews and then was presented a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What value will you bring to the HP Partner communitiy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation as an internal canidate was minimal. I requested relocation and that was approved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Chicago, IL) in February 2011.

Interview

not good not good not good they made you sit there like an idoit. Then they call your name. It was terrible. People want to go to a place like this? I do not know any person who like to work there. Bad bad bad people and worse time working there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Conway, AR) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview. They asked a series of question about character, job history and situation based questions. The next step was a group interview with a few district managers. That was the final interview before the offer was made. I accepted the offer and it was followed by paperwork and training.

Interview Questions

• Name the top 5 in the Fortune10 and tell me why each company is successful?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

Interview

The interview went well, it had been several years since my last job interview so I was a bit nervous and unsure of what to expect. I believe that I performed well during the interview and answered the questions well. Due to time restrictions, the presentation that I had prepared for did not happen. I was told the job was mine but the internal politics took over and I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions

• If you were a car, what kind of car would you be?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

First round interview with HR. I was asked to run through my CV. Next rounds were with several managers that were asking me different questions about my previous career. They were almost friendly during the interview process, challenging me several times but without pushing too much.

Interview Questions

• How could you position an HP solution if the customers is using competitors products?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Got called from HR, went to a 1 on 1 interview, asked about my background and normal behavioural questions. Got hired another day

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2011.

Interview

Saw job posting on linkedin. Searched my network for a manager to refer me to hiring manager for position posted. Asked contact to send me hiring managers contact info. Got referral to hiring manager. Sent email to manager, applied online, followed up with name given by hiring manager as the screener. Phone interview by screener. Didn't meet the public sector experience request. Ended with if position with non public sector experience is available please contact

Interview Questions

• What type of public sector experience do you have?   1 Answer
    • What direct relationship do you have in Omaha related to SLED?   1 Answer