Hewlett-Packard

Updated Aug 11, 2014

2.3

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Decent, but lacked depth of exploring my skills...went too heavily on my resume. Culture seems broken, HP seems lost in the space I was skilled to work in. One potential co-worker actually called me names when I asked about work-life balance....that was all for me.

Interview Questions

Poor market position in delivering Cloud services.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rio Rancho, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rio Rancho, NM

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

At the time when i went in for the interview everyone was dressed in a professional manner. The interview lasted about an hour long while most of the questions were very straight forward and easy to answer. It was a group interview where i had to speak with 3 other managers during this time.

Didn't have much room to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

It was a telephone interview only. No tough questions. It was clear that they were working on volume rather than quality. I was recruited through a 3rd party contractor so I wasn't a direct "core" employee of Hewlett Packard, which made it easy for them to accept or reject candidates. Or in my case discard them.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions presented whatsoever. After being hired during the first day of training they made it clear that the decision was based on their perception of our personality over the phone.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. It was through 3rd party contractor, the terms were non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2011.

Hiring for my position as an internal canidate was very simple. I had 3 rounds of phone interviews and then was presented a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • What value will you bring to the HP Partner communitiy?   Answer Question
    Negotiation as an internal canidate was minimal. I requested relocation and that was approved.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Conway, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

The interview process started with a phone interview. They asked a series of question about character, job history and situation based questions. The next step was a group interview with a few district managers. That was the final interview before the offer was made. I accepted the offer and it was followed by paperwork and training.

Interview Questions
    • Name the top 5 in the Fortune10 and tell me why each company is successful?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

The interview went well, it had been several years since my last job interview so I was a bit nervous and unsure of what to expect. I believe that I performed well during the interview and answered the questions well. Due to time restrictions, the presentation that I had prepared for did not happen. I was told the job was mine but the internal politics took over and I was not offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • If you were a car, what kind of car would you be?   View Answer

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Got called from HR, went to a 1 on 1 interview, asked about my background and normal behavioural questions. Got hired another day

No negotiation

Sales Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2010.

Quick and painless

Interview Questions
    • None - Good interviewees will be prepared for anything   Answer Question
    Easy and simple

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2008.

I was interviewed by the Zonal head to begin with, started my session by self introduction wherein described my family, native place, education, first job experience & rewards connected to my first job which was in the channel segment. Gave the recent trend analysis of the IT hardware market which comprised of stiff competitors for HP. With special emphasis to my Dell's portfolio, got into discussion about their versatile work culture & my overall portfolio. As I came from the acquisition team, spoke about my key wins & rewards connected with all the achievements. Spoke about the business prospect theories which I personally believe & follow to stay motivated at work. Session became very interactive as interviewer became very curious to know detailing about their competitors business model & working culture. Lastly I passionately spoke about my endurance in dramatics and cars as my hobby. Second round was Video interactive session with national head of sales wherein I got 15 minutes to speak about myself & answer to his queries on my business losses & key learning’s out of those losses. I confidently remembered & spoke about the business lost against Hp specifically & tactical measures taken to win back those accounts for Dell.

Interview Questions
    • Describe you key business loss or failures against competition and steps taken to recover   View Answer
    • If given an opportunity what will you change at Dell?   View Answer
    You should be definitely be aware of the market trend, I was very polite & straightforward at the same time as setting up expectations softly did not sound rude. At the same time took some extra time to consult & make right decision..

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2010.

The process was quick from the time I applied for the position to the time I interviewed. Had one interview and got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Name a situation where a customer was upset and what you did   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!