Hewlett-Packard

Very Easy Interview

Customer Engineer Interview

Customer Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Used a Technical Staffing Agency. Phone interview lasted 1 hour. A Contract Job offer was presented 2 days later which I accepted. Worked as a Contractor for 1 year and was then converted to a permanent employee. Worked at HP 6 years and 3 months. Then was laid off via the HP WFR process.

Interview Question – I am a Professional current in my field. There were no difficult questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I already knew what the Salary would be before the Interview.

Inside Sales Interview

Inside Sales
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2013.

Interview Details – Usually 3 rounds with a telephone, 1-on-1, then group interview.

Interview Question – Why do you deserve the job?   Answer Question

Practice Principal/Client Principal Interview

Practice Principal/Client Principal
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

Interview Details – Interview Process - 1] The initial interview was with the Practice Leader. Questions were pertaining to the experience, projects worked on, locations. Was interviewed on experience in writing proposals, C-Level executive interactions, domain expertise related technical questions and also my global experience. 2] The second interview was with a peer with almost the same questions. 3] The 3rd interview was in-person with the VP of the Practice which was a much general interview about my interests and my contributions in the past. All interviews were very friendly and cordial. 4] The Practice Leader called again, but this time it was for letting me know that I was selected by all the interviewers and he wanted to discuss the salary. Was offered a Salary & Signing-up Bonus.
Hiring Process - Recd. an email confirmation on selection for the post. The designation showed was Client Principal, but the interview was for Practice Principal. Was told that there was no difference & both designations were at the same LEVEL within the company hierarchy. So, I accepted the offer.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, I negotiated my Salary. Asked for 150K and was offered 145K with a 5K signing-up Bonus.

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Whole process took about 4 months. Interview with hiring manager and another manager then did a demo fo a panel that included the hiring manager,plus another manager and the director and a final interview with the Manager of the Sales team I'd be working with. This occurred before all the acquisitions. Organization was pretty flat and still had to old HP culture, so I have no idea what the process would be like today, but it was pretty lenghtly when I joined some 7 years ago.

Negotiation Details – I came from a competitor so the offer was very good. I received a bump on my salary and I was happy with the additional perks to would be getting, so I accepted.

Product Manager Interview

Product Manager
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2007.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR
Phone interview with Hiring Manager
In person interview with 8 people

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Yes - be more agressive

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!