Hewlett-Packard

2.6

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Graduate Signal Integrity Summer/Fremont, CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Two rounds of phone interview. The manager called me and asked a few basic questions. It seems that they want to hire someone who can work for them for 4-6 months because the they want the intern participate in the entire process of the project.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2014.

3 step interview process. 2 phone interviews and 1 in office interview. In office interview lasted just over 3 hours and was an absolute pleasure. Everyone I spoke with was extremely pleasant, which made the interviews go by fast. Everyone had an discussion approach to the interview, so it felt like having a conversion with a colleague.

Interview Questions
    • If our service crashes for our client, how do you handle that situation?   View Answer

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Used a Technical Staffing Agency. Phone interview lasted 1 hour. A Contract Job offer was presented 2 days later which I accepted. Worked as a Contractor for 1 year and was then converted to a permanent employee. Worked at HP 6 years and 3 months. Then was laid off via the HP WFR process.

Interview Questions
    • I am a Professional current in my field. There were no difficult questions.   View Answer
    I already knew what the Salary would be before the Interview.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Not too complicated. Met about 3 -4 engineers, manager and director.

Interview Questions
    I accepted whatever they give.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

My first interview was straight to the point. I was asked general programming questions. My second interview was behavioral and had questions about specific experiences. There have been two phone interviews and now I have an in person interview. I didn't get a response after my 2nd interview for a long time.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2013.

Usually 3 rounds with a telephone, 1-on-1, then group interview.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Whole process took about 4 months. Interview with hiring manager and another manager then did a demo fo a panel that included the hiring manager,plus another manager and the director and a final interview with the Manager of the Sales team I'd be working with. This occurred before all the acquisitions. Organization was pretty flat and still had to old HP culture, so I have no idea what the process would be like today, but it was pretty lenghtly when I joined some 7 years ago.

I came from a competitor so the offer was very good. I received a bump on my salary and I was happy with the additional perks to would be getting, so I accepted.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2012.

applied online on Hp career website and received an email regarding the position and initial screen was with the hiring manager who asked general questions on resume and behavioral questions. Sh then informed me that they would like to consider for onsite interview. So was asked to fly down to the location after a week. The onsite interview lasted for 3 hours. General introduction and team responsibilities were indicated at first and then 1-1 half hour interviews with 5 team members. 2 rounds were purely technical. one round was resume based and the other two comprised of behavioral and technical mix. After 3 days the hiring manager called me and asked me about salary expectation and other status and congratulated me but received a call later in the night describing that they needed a masters student and that as i was a bachelors candidate, the company policy for that position was different.

Interview Questions
    • database normalization and oops approach to checkers game   Answer Question

Practice Principal/Client Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

Interview Process - 1] The initial interview was with the Practice Leader. Questions were pertaining to the experience, projects worked on, locations. Was interviewed on experience in writing proposals, C-Level executive interactions, domain expertise related technical questions and also my global experience. 2] The second interview was with a peer with almost the same questions. 3] The 3rd interview was in-person with the VP of the Practice which was a much general interview about my interests and my contributions in the past. All interviews were very friendly and cordial. 4] The Practice Leader called again, but this time it was for letting me know that I was selected by all the interviewers and he wanted to discuss the salary. Was offered a Salary & Signing-up Bonus.
    Hiring Process - Recd. an email confirmation on selection for the post. The designation showed was Client Principal, but the interview was for Practice Principal. Was told that there was no difference & both designations were at the same LEVEL within the company hierarchy. So, I accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    Yes, I negotiated my Salary. Asked for 150K and was offered 145K with a 5K signing-up Bonus.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2007.

Phone interview with HR