Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Jul 16, 2015

2.9

Business Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Ramon, CA).

Interview

I applied this job through my college career fair. The manager who interviews seemed get mad at students since many applications were not fixed with this position. However, he gave us a general advice to pass the interview: prepare, practice, and practice interview questions, and show how you can match with this position.

Consumer Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through an MBA interview forum, and had two 45 minute interviews. The first included short cases (focused on innovation and thinking outside the box), along with a few market sizing questions. The second interview was more behavioral. The interviewers were great, very smart and extremely helpful with answering questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Short cases on hypothetical product innovation scenarios Market sizing Behavioral   Answer Question

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fremont, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone call from the R&D Manager to see if I was a match for the position. Then said 2 developers will follow up with me for interviews. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks, and after following up set up 2 phone interviews(same day, asked me Java/DS/Sorting Ques) and passed them. Then was asked for another phone interview(Mostly resume based and technology I had used) and after passing that invited onsite for an interview. Onsite interview had 3 technical and 1 leadership. The 3 technical had questions about my projects, a puzzle kind of question, Java(static, synchronized, etc), code how to find circular loop in linked list, more resume and other behavioral questions. Was told the decision will be made in a week, but after following up twice and hearing back once about looking into it, haven't heard anything. Almost been a month and a half. Interviews and experience with interviewers were positive, but lack of responsiveness during the process was not. Kind of disappointed in the end as I feel I wasted all my time for no reason.

Interview Questions

• Questions about a synchronized static method and the way they change when object calls the method.   1 Answer

Graduate Signal Integrity Summer/Fremont, CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Two rounds of phone interview. The manager called me and asked a few basic questions. It seems that they want to hire someone who can work for them for 4-6 months because the they want the intern participate in the entire process of the project.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

3 step interview process. 2 phone interviews and 1 in office interview. In office interview lasted just over 3 hours and was an absolute pleasure. Everyone I spoke with was extremely pleasant, which made the interviews go by fast. Everyone had an discussion approach to the interview, so it felt like having a conversion with a colleague.

Interview Questions

• If our service crashes for our client, how do you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Used a Technical Staffing Agency. Phone interview lasted 1 hour. A Contract Job offer was presented 2 days later which I accepted. Worked as a Contractor for 1 year and was then converted to a permanent employee. Worked at HP 6 years and 3 months. Then was laid off via the HP WFR process.

Interview Questions

• I am a Professional current in my field. There were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I already knew what the Salary would be before the Interview.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Not too complicated. Met about 3 -4 engineers, manager and director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted whatever they give.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

My first interview was straight to the point. I was asked general programming questions. My second interview was behavioral and had questions about specific experiences. There have been two phone interviews and now I have an in person interview. I didn't get a response after my 2nd interview for a long time.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Usually 3 rounds with a telephone, 1-on-1, then group interview.

Channel Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with several decision makers and in several different formats. Team was very distributed so we met on the phone several times. All were very professional and asked relevant questions. Was unclear on the next steps and often changed meeting times. Once I had the offer, it was about a week to do a background check verifying my past employment and education.

Interview Questions

• Asked for specifics on my experience   1 Answer