Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.6

Consumer Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied through an MBA interview forum, and had two 45 minute interviews. The first included short cases (focused on innovation and thinking outside the box), along with a few market sizing questions. The second interview was more behavioral.

The interviewers were great, very smart and extremely helpful with answering questions, etc.

Interview Questions

• Short cases on hypothetical product innovation scenarios
      Market sizing
      Behavioral

Answer Question

Systems/Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fremont, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone call from the R&D Manager to see if I was a match for the position. Then said 2 developers will follow up with me for interviews. Didn't hear anything for 2 weeks, and after following up set up 2 phone interviews(same day, asked me Java/DS/Sorting Ques) and passed them. Then was asked for another phone interview(Mostly resume based and technology I had used) and after passing that invited onsite for an interview. Onsite interview had 3 technical and 1 leadership. The 3 technical had questions about my projects, a puzzle kind of question, Java(static, synchronized, etc), code how to find circular loop in linked list, more resume and other behavioral questions. Was told the decision will be made in a week, but after following up twice and hearing back once about looking into it, haven't heard anything. Almost been a month and a half. Interviews and experience with interviewers were positive, but lack of responsiveness during the process was not. Kind of disappointed in the end as I feel I wasted all my time for no reason.

Interview Questions

• Questions about a synchronized static method and the way they change when object calls the method.   1 Answer

Graduate Signal Integrity Summer/Fremont, CA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Two rounds of phone interview. The manager called me and asked a few basic questions. It seems that they want to hire someone who can work for them for 4-6 months because the they want the intern participate in the entire process of the project.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

3 step interview process. 2 phone interviews and 1 in office interview. In office interview lasted just over 3 hours and was an absolute pleasure. Everyone I spoke with was extremely pleasant, which made the interviews go by fast. Everyone had an discussion approach to the interview, so it felt like having a conversion with a colleague.

Interview Questions

• If our service crashes for our client, how do you handle that situation?   1 Answer

Customer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Used a Technical Staffing Agency. Phone interview lasted 1 hour. A Contract Job offer was presented 2 days later which I accepted. Worked as a Contractor for 1 year and was then converted to a permanent employee. Worked at HP 6 years and 3 months. Then was laid off via the HP WFR process.

Interview Questions

• I am a Professional current in my field. There were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I already knew what the Salary would be before the Interview.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fremont, CA).

Interview

Not too complicated. Met about 3 -4 engineers, manager and director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I accepted whatever they give.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Redwood City, CA).

Interview

My first interview was straight to the point. I was asked general programming questions. My second interview was behavioral and had questions about specific experiences. There have been two phone interviews and now I have an in person interview. I didn't get a response after my 2nd interview for a long time.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

Usually 3 rounds with a telephone, 1-on-1, then group interview.

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Whole process took about 4 months. Interview with hiring manager and another manager then did a demo fo a panel that included the hiring manager,plus another manager and the director and a final interview with the Manager of the Sales team I'd be working with. This occurred before all the acquisitions. Organization was pretty flat and still had to old HP culture, so I have no idea what the process would be like today, but it was pretty lenghtly when I joined some 7 years ago.

Negotiation

I came from a competitor so the offer was very good. I received a bump on my salary and I was happy with the additional perks to would be getting, so I accepted.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fremont, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

applied online on Hp career website and received an email regarding the position and initial screen was with the hiring manager who asked general questions on resume and behavioral questions. Sh then informed me that they would like to consider for onsite interview. So was asked to fly down to the location after a week. The onsite interview lasted for 3 hours. General introduction and team responsibilities were indicated at first and then 1-1 half hour interviews with 5 team members. 2 rounds were purely technical. one round was resume based and the other two comprised of behavioral and technical mix. After 3 days the hiring manager called me and asked me about salary expectation and other status and congratulated me but received a call later in the night describing that they needed a masters student and that as i was a bachelors candidate, the company policy for that position was different.

Interview Questions

• database normalization and oops approach to checkers game   Answer Question