Hewlett-Packard

3.5

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Media Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2014.

I applied online for an opportunity in the Enterprise/Cloud Servers Group. A recruiter called me back to discuss a similar opening with the Printers and PCs group. The talk went well enough that she was going to set up an interview with a hiring manager. Several unreturned follow-up calls on my part later, I received a rejection email from HP for a job in sales I most certainly did not apply for. I'll be kind and say this is an organization where the right tentacle does not know what the other seven are doing, but I can't say this improved my regard for them.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be interested in supporting the Printers and PCs group?   View Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2013.

Contacted by a recruiter firm. Then interview in their office by the lead UX designer. The first contact was very nice and some coffee was offer by the recruiter team. The dress code was business. I didn't have the job but I the interview was very interesting and very instructive.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. Maybe the question about the different interaction humans and computer in different environment like business office or home   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2013.

Applied on their company website. Got a call from HR within a week.

Had a phone interview with hiring manager and later called me in for on-site interview. Very well organized.

Interview Questions
    • Step 1: Phone interview with hiring manager
      Questions related to core java & multi-threading

Step 2: On-site interview with 4 team members
      Questions related to my previous work experience, hiberante, Http, database table design, data structures(stacks & queue), algorithms (how to find if a given single list is circular or not), questions on java reflection etc

Step3 : phone interview with director
      Lots of behavioral questions and questions related to their products such as What do you know about the products, how can you improve them, challenges faced in previous jobs, passionate about which technologies etc.

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Hard to say. Do open source work and let it show for yourself. Your work says a lot about you in those open source groups

My situation was unique and I was valued but I'd treated it like any other company. Go for a place that has a big salary and good work environment