Hewlett-Packard Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated May 16, 2015

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA).

Interview

It started with a technical phone screen. Within few weeks, I was brought onsite for an one-on-one interview with the team and to meet with the manager. The interview lasted perhaps 1 hour and was technical.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through Career Fair, got a call from the senior software engineer in three weeks for a telephonic interview. he asked me about my projects and skills. Asked me about the availability and interested role.

Interview Questions

• All In-depth questions on Java and C++, Algorithms and problems solving without using standard libraries.   Answer Question

Media Relations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online for an opportunity in the Enterprise/Cloud Servers Group. A recruiter called me back to discuss a similar opening with the Printers and PCs group. The talk went well enough that she was going to set up an interview with a hiring manager. Several unreturned follow-up calls on my part later, I received a rejection email from HP for a job in sales I most certainly did not apply for. I'll be kind and say this is an organization where the right tentacle does not know what the other seven are doing, but I can't say this improved my regard for them.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in supporting the Printers and PCs group?   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter firm. Then interview in their office by the lead UX designer. The first contact was very nice and some coffee was offer by the recruiter team. The dress code was business. I didn't have the job but I the interview was very interesting and very instructive.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Maybe the question about the different interaction humans and computer in different environment like business office or home   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied on their company website. Got a call from HR within a week.

Had a phone interview with hiring manager and later called me in for on-site interview. Very well organized.

Interview Questions

• Step 1: Phone interview with hiring manager
      Questions related to core java & multi-threading

Step 2: On-site interview with 4 team members
      Questions related to my previous work experience, hiberante, Http, database table design, data structures(stacks & queue), algorithms (how to find if a given single list is circular or not), questions on java reflection etc

Step3 : phone interview with director
      Lots of behavioral questions and questions related to their products such as What do you know about the products, how can you improve them, challenges faced in previous jobs, passionate about which technologies etc.

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Jose, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Hard to say. Do open source work and let it show for yourself. Your work says a lot about you in those open source groups

Negotiation

My situation was unique and I was valued but I'd treated it like any other company. Go for a place that has a big salary and good work environment