Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Solutions Consultant Interview

Technical Solutions Consultant
Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was mostly focused on relevant experiences, ability to communicate and collaborate in a large group. The interviewers would ask how you solve problems in a team environment, how to work with external teams .

Interview Question – Why did you leave the last few companies?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Have other offers

User Experience Interview

User Experience
Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Recruited from another firm - HP recruiter reviewed previous employment, types of industries, scope of engagements & successes. Lead to several phone interviews and picked up after four screenings. Various groups around the U.S. participated in process. Time frame was two weeks from start to finish.

Strategy Manager Interview

Strategy Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – All case interviews. Two first round through phone, three onsite face to face. The content of cases depend on each interviewer, some are quite high level, some goes down to numbers and details. All cases except one are related to HP business.

Interview Question – Mostly common asked questions such as why HP, why corporate strategy, why now.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring Process is always slow in this company so stay patient. Interviews and feedback are somewhat slow as well. Some will ask more technical skill based questions and others will be based more on the soft skills. Come prepared for both and know your content.

Interview Question – There were no specific questions just more information about yourself and your previous experience.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, negotiate they have the flexibility.

Chief of Staff Interview

Chief of Staff
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Weird - distributed model - where administrative assistants to hiring managers might orchestrate interview process depending on group / function and resourcing. It took 3 months from start to finish and was poorly communicated from start to finish.

Interview Question – What product can you not live without and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I pushed hard for increased offer based on actual facts of my compensation. Offer was modified to an acceptable exchange. Do not go in without knowledge of the hiring practices and constraints the company is under in a turn around phase.

HP Software and Hardware QA Interview

HP Software and Hardware QA
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Staffing Agency, they set up a phone interview to review my skills and if there was anything that I needed to brush up on. I then had a in person interview on site with two of the leads and the manager to see if i would be a good fit with the company.

Interview Question – Have you ever used SI (Sudden Impact) it is a bug tracking system used in company only, as well as the term dashing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Would you like a job working as a contractor here for 22 an hour.

Support Account Manager Interview

Support Account Manager
Cupertino, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was relatively straight forward. I had two rounds of telephone interviews, one face to face with my direct manager, VP, and then two team leads. Offer letter came within 24 hours.

Interview Question – The manager and the VP both asked very technical questions regarding product functionality. The expectation was that I would not have the answer. What they were looking for was how quickly I would respond and whether on not I had the ability to keep them engaged.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager asked me for my requested OTE.I gave them a number 20% above my expectations. They countered with an attractive offer. I accepted.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Software Engineer Intern
Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Interview Details – I applied through an internal referral for an internship within same team. Only one round of telephonic interview with simple questions such as designing in OOPS, reverse a linked list and add a number. Got an offer within two days. After 3 weeks of the offer, got a call saying that the department is under freeze and all open positions are cancelled. Revoked the offer when just 2 weeks was present before starting the internship and spoilt all my plans.

Interview Question – Nothing too hard. Simple standard questions.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Late intimidation of some department being under freeze.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Interview Details – applied through monster, and being interviewed twice

Interview Question – nothing too difficult   Answer Question

Financial Analyst New Graduate Interview

Financial Analyst New Graduate
Palo Alto, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted for a phone interview with a Senior Financial Analyst. It was like your typical interview asking behavioral/personality questions. However interviewer couldn't have been more disinterested in doing the interview and it was hard to build rapport with the individual. Sounded like he was reading questions off a script and was new to interviewing.

I received an email a week or so later that I was not selected to move on as I originally expected due to my negative experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!