Hewlett-Packard

9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Difficult Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed up with a full day of multiple interviews. Many behavioral situation questions to determine team fit.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were asked to do something you considered questionable or not correct and what you did as a result.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate - take it or leave it.

Nashville, TN

I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly standard.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2011.

Interview Details – Typical

Negotiation Details – no negotiation other than vacation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

Interview Details – Brief. I was who they were looking for. The work I do is so specific, there are very few people who can walk right into an operation and be up and running day one. there was no learning curve.

Interview Question – How do deal with ambiguity and change business demands on a weekly basis?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I asked for a 5% raise and got it.

Senior Business Analyst

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process is too long. And the manager is to slow to respond. I have talked to Magaer 1:1 on the phone, and then HR contacted me for the Salary requirement. Then I had a Phone interview with 5 People for 2 Hrs. Then I was called to have F2F interview on site, and I am still waiting for an answer.

Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – It was fine & didn't take much time as position was needs to be urgently filled

Interview Question – Interview process was fine.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – Company was taken over from EDS. I was never hired but I was immediately required to take a 30 percent wage cut or be let go. I was eventually let go. Now the company has lost the major sector that I was contracted to, GM, and couldn't keep up the demands of the client.

Interview Question – Will you take a 30 percent wage cut?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was handed a letter to sign accepting the wage cut.

Very Easy Interview

Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – Was interviewed for a job at a client site. Got interviewed by direct HP manager and the client himself. After that there is a needless aptitude test (which I don't think they checked the results of)

Interview Question – Why do you want to join HP?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I stood by my request and they eventually replied with confirmation.

Senior Business Analyst

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

Interview Details – Two rounds of behavioral interviews and one in-person interview.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses   Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!