Hewlett-Packard Senior Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2015

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

I was asked to create a deck that summarized and make recommendations around the registration flow. Once that was reviewed I was brought in for 5-6 people to interview me in-person. It was the typical mix of Engineering and Product leads, ending with the VP of Product.

My interview with the VP was unceremoniously terminated the moment she established I had no degree. Apparently HP don't screen candidates very well and their exec staff aren't particularly well mannered.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Sunnyvale, CA).

Interview

Applied for a position at HP Software and got an email from a recruiter that same evening to set up a phone screen. Then on site interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online + sent my resume to recruiter ; Was asked to meet with an Interview Panel consisting of 4 1:1 interviews.
    First Interview was with the Hiring Manager - unfortunately he was running bit late & he also did not want to conduct the interview in the room originally allocated - so we spent sometime looking for an open conference room. (all this reducing the time for the interview)
    The actual who described the role & highlighted the top 3 priorities for the role. He said at the top of the interview finding a candidate with all 3 aspects was next to impossible - so he was willing to consider a candidate with strong fundamentals in at least 2 of the 3 of his criteria. The interview was cordial and I'm sure I did fumble couple of times especially while focusing on 2nd (of the top 3) subjects
    Unfortunately, our interview came to an abrupt end when the next interviewer (director) was already waiting in originally scheduled room.
    The next 3 interviewers were cordial, gave me good insight into what the role, expectations for first the 3 quarters & general road-map for the product.
    After the last interview I wanted to reconnect with the Hiring Manager but was told that he would contact me later.
    I did send thank-you notes to the interview panel.

Waited 3 days for feedback on the interview, then contacted the recruiter - after that I received a fairly detail email explaining why they had to pass me over - the reasoning was that they felt that my experience with 2nd topic (of the 3 priorities) was peripheral and they are looking someone with more specific experience,

All in all a decent interview experience - wish I was more convincing on the 2nd topic while interviewing with the Hiring Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Boise, ID) in March 2011.

Interview

I had worked for HP for two years and was coming back so I was a known entity. The interview process was brief but consisted of 1:1 interviews that focused on personality and fit in the organization and on experience and accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• What is your top accomplishment in your career and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, there was a negotiation and I would encourage everyone to have a goal of what they want to make and try their best to get to that. Raises don't usually get you much so do your best now to get what you want.