Hewlett-Packard

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Applied for a position at HP Software and got an email from a recruiter that same evening to set up a phone screen. Then on site interview.

Interview Question – Describe how you do market segmentation.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online + sent my resume to recruiter ; Was asked to meet with an Interview Panel consisting of 4 1:1 interviews.
First Interview was with the Hiring Manager - unfortunately he was running bit late & he also did not want to conduct the interview in the room originally allocated - so we spent sometime looking for an open conference room. (all this reducing the time for the interview)
The actual who described the role & highlighted the top 3 priorities for the role. He said at the top of the interview finding a candidate with all 3 aspects was next to impossible - so he was willing to consider a candidate with strong fundamentals in at least 2 of the 3 of his criteria. The interview was cordial and I'm sure I did fumble couple of times especially while focusing on 2nd (of the top 3) subjects
Unfortunately, our interview came to an abrupt end when the next interviewer (director) was already waiting in originally scheduled room.
The next 3 interviewers were cordial, gave me good insight into what the role, expectations for first the 3 quarters & general road-map for the product.
After the last interview I wanted to reconnect with the Hiring Manager but was told that he would contact me later.
I did send thank-you notes to the interview panel.

Waited 3 days for feedback on the interview, then contacted the recruiter - after that I received a fairly detail email explaining why they had to pass me over - the reasoning was that they felt that my experience with 2nd topic (of the 3 priorities) was peripheral and they are looking someone with more specific experience,

All in all a decent interview experience - wish I was more convincing on the 2nd topic while interviewing with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience with SaaS delivery?   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager
Boise, ID

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Interview Details – I had worked for HP for two years and was coming back so I was a known entity. The interview process was brief but consisted of 1:1 interviews that focused on personality and fit in the organization and on experience and accomplishments.

Interview Question – What is your top accomplishment in your career and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, there was a negotiation and I would encourage everyone to have a goal of what they want to make and try their best to get to that. Raises don't usually get you much so do your best now to get what you want.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard Senior Product Manager interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.