Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
39 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cupertino, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – After initial phone interview, got scheduled for onsite where I Interviewed with very senior people and drilled into various aspects of technical question including data structures and algorithms. Also discussion on some innovative data structures.

Negotiation Details – I got cheated in there as there were several managers to talk to Ok salary to start with but position given was very low and was told its pretty senior position. Beware of cheats

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2010.

Interview Details – Process is straight forward, and can take 2-3 weeks for contact.

Standard phone interview about strengths weakness and may include some questions on your past abilities.

In house interview can contain an internal HR rep and generally the manager of the team you could be assigned too, also the more technical the role expect more people in the room such as other team members could be asked to join to assist in the interview.

Technical questions generally are not hard if you know what your doing, if you don't know the answer try not to make up something and would be better to answer it like you would seek assistance from another member of the team or such.

Interview Question – Technical questions would vary depending on the job, there are no set of questions that could be considered standard here. if your going for a programming position expect to be drilled on some standard questions how would you start a project and how do you write code; how well do you document your code.

You may or may not get questions on please write a java script on pulling information from a table questions (this is an example) most of the time there we are looking for how do you come up with your answer the best practice on securing a SQL code. you wont be expected to know every little bit about everything in programming I have 21 years of experience and still don't but the more your diversified in your skill sets the better it will be.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask what you required of your base pay, if it is in range they will counter and most of the time find something in between this since your job code will always reflect a change in pay.

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Interview Details – Process seems a bit disorganized. I apply via job board site. HP recruiter sees it can calls me, telling me to apply again via HP's site. Some usually back-and-forth from there, including screen. After screen, I receive an email that the position is closed BUT current interviews in progress will continue. Then I have phone interview, which went very well, but have heard nothing since. Drawn out and a bit disorganized process.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult. More a discussion of work and experience on prior projects.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Interview Details – Hard to say. Do open source work and let it show for yourself. Your work says a lot about you in those open source groups

Negotiation Details – My situation was unique and I was valued but I'd treated it like any other company. Go for a place that has a big salary and good work environment

Roseville, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Interview Details – Agent or Direct screening from online application. Internal hires usually get priority

Interview Question – On-the-job technical questions. Personality traits.   Answer Question

El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview went smoothly and interviewer was very friendly and helpful. Felt comfortable at all times and was given opportunity to express knowledge-base.

Interview Question – Technical questions can be very specific and developers often need to refer to certain resources for coding questions, which in this case were not made available.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Able to negotiate higher salary then what was offered to others based on experience with company and in field.

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – The Interview process was very hard and interviewers were harsh

Interview Question – 1. 3 Million users are in the network. Every 5 secs latitude and longtitude updates.Find out the 5 closest users.
2. Implement a linked list in java
3. In tomcat how many threads can be set at a time.
4. Public Class A{
Private String user;
Private String Password;
Public Boolean equals(Obj O){
// write code for this method
}
}
5. Sequence diagram for gas pump station
  Answer Question

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was relatively easy and relaxed. There were some technical discussions based on the experience you list in your resume. There was a phone interview follow by a face-to-face. The decision was made very quickly.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They gave me my highest requested salary so I did not need to negotiate.

Very Difficult Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on their company website. Got a call from HR within a week.

Had a phone interview with hiring manager and later called me in for on-site interview. Very well organized.

Interview Question – Step 1: Phone interview with hiring manager
Questions related to core java & multi-threading

Step 2: On-site interview with 4 team members
Questions related to my previous work experience, hiberante, Http, database table design, data structures(stacks & queue), algorithms (how to find if a given single list is circular or not), questions on java reflection etc

Step3 : phone interview with director
Lots of behavioral questions and questions related to their products such as What do you know about the products, how can you improve them, challenges faced in previous jobs, passionate about which technologies etc.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – They asked Fibonacci sequence. Use different ways to code.

Interview Question – They asked Fibonacci sequence. Use different ways to code.   Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!