Hewlett-Packard

Updated Aug 9, 2014

3.1

39 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2014.

Process seems a bit disorganized. I apply via job board site. HP recruiter sees it can calls me, telling me to apply again via HP's site. Some usually back-and-forth from there, including screen. After screen, I receive an email that the position is closed BUT current interviews in progress will continue. Then I have phone interview, which went very well, but have heard nothing since. Drawn out and a bit disorganized process.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing really difficult. More a discussion of work and experience on prior projects.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Senior Software Engineer Interview

The Interview process was very hard and interviewers were harsh

Interview Questions
    • 1. 3 Million users are in the network. Every 5 secs latitude and longtitude updates.Find out the 5 closest users.
      2. Implement a linked list in java
      3. In tomcat how many threads can be set at a time.
      4. Public Class A{
      Private String user;
      Private String Password;
      Public Boolean equals(Obj O){
      // write code for this method
      }
      }
      5. Sequence diagram for gas pump station

Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

They asked Fibonacci sequence. Use different ways to code.

Interview Questions
    • They asked Fibonacci sequence. Use different ways to code.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Most lengthy interview process I have ever had. First talked to HR and then got a list of technical questions via email. After submitting my answers, I had six 45-min remote interview sessions (all technical and writing code on computer). Then met management team (including manager, director, VP and CTO) on site. VP and CTO also gave technical interviews including coding.

Interview Questions
    • I cannot disclose the details of the questions but some of them are java related, multi-threading, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2013.

Applied on their company website. Got a call from HR within a week.

Had a phone interview with hiring manager and later called me in for on-site interview. Very well organized.

Interview Questions
    • Step 1: Phone interview with hiring manager
      Questions related to core java & multi-threading

Step 2: On-site interview with 4 team members
      Questions related to my previous work experience, hiberante, Http, database table design, data structures(stacks & queue), algorithms (how to find if a given single list is circular or not), questions on java reflection etc

Step3 : phone interview with director
      Lots of behavioral questions and questions related to their products such as What do you know about the products, how can you improve them, challenges faced in previous jobs, passionate about which technologies etc.

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2012.

I was initially contacted by a hiring manager via eMail. The next step was a 30 minute technical screening. I was then contacted by another hiring manager to set up a 4 hour technical interview. The Technical interview was divided into four 1-hour sections each on different technical aspects.

Interview Questions
    • Now that you've heard about the job and position, what would you change about the position.   View Answer

I accepted another position with a company that is a much better fit. This division of HP seemed very task oriented and rigid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2011.

Met hiring manager for one hour where he gave a good idea of his managerial style, and a very good presentation of the benefits of working for Hewlett Packard.

Met a group in hallway (30 minutes) while going to the technical interview (accidental?).

Met with technical lead for 2.5 hours. Very casual discussions. One question was "tell me about your C++ experience" - expected, but thought it would be more quiz-like.

Generally, a relaxed interviewing experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a year or moreinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Hard to say. Do open source work and let it show for yourself. Your work says a lot about you in those open source groups

My situation was unique and I was valued but I'd treated it like any other company. Go for a place that has a big salary and good work environment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2011.

Interview went smoothly and interviewer was very friendly and helpful. Felt comfortable at all times and was given opportunity to express knowledge-base.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions can be very specific and developers often need to refer to certain resources for coding questions, which in this case were not made available.   Answer Question
    Able to negotiate higher salary then what was offered to others based on experience with company and in field.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2011.

I had initial interview with Hiring Manager and he was very nice person. He ran through some basic Technical question on Java/J2EE technologies.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain about Binary Tree - Depth First Search and breadth first search   Answer Question