Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was initially contacted by a hiring manager via eMail. The next step was a 30 minute technical screening. I was then contacted by another hiring manager to set up a 4 hour technical interview. The Technical interview was divided into four 1-hour sections each on different technical aspects.

Interview Question – Now that you've heard about the job and position, what would you change about the position.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I accepted another position with a company that is a much better fit. This division of HP seemed very task oriented and rigid.

Columbia, MD

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2011.

Interview Details – Met hiring manager for one hour where he gave a good idea of his managerial style, and a very good presentation of the benefits of working for Hewlett Packard.

Met a group in hallway (30 minutes) while going to the technical interview (accidental?).

Met with technical lead for 2.5 hours. Very casual discussions. One question was "tell me about your C++ experience" - expected, but thought it would be more quiz-like.

Generally, a relaxed interviewing experience.

Interview Question – Asked to describe how I plan my daily activities.   Answer Question

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring mgr. contacts you. May be followed by phone interview. 4 to 5 1:1 interviews

Interview Question – Questions on Java programming basics, DBMS, javascript   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate on salary

Very Easy Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

Interview Details – That was the Java Senior level interview, I got the call from a Manager and he told, that there will be a telephonic interview. Next day I've received a call from the panel there were 4 people in the team, they were polite, Core java questions like collection, String Buffer, ArrayList and Generics, Spring related like AOP IOC and JPA that was a 1 hour interview, it went on well. But I havent got the offer.

Interview Questions

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2011.

Interview Details – I had initial interview with Hiring Manager and he was very nice person. He ran through some basic Technical question on Java/J2EE technologies.

Interview Question – Can you explain about Binary Tree - Depth First Search and breadth first search   Answer Question

Roseville, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with HP first one lasted for about 30 minutes. .The interview went on well.I was again contacted for another phone technical interview.It was for 45 minutes, I enjoyed the interview.
I was told i will be notified either way by the hiring manager.I wrote back to them asking the status of the interview.I wish they could have notified me.It is a basic courtesy that anyone would expect from the company.You put in some effort and expect some answer from the company atleast a reject email or if people are in hold .Why is it not transparent?.

Interview Question – Datastructures, Personality   Answer Question

Cupertino, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring manager called me for an initial phone screen. Then a coupleof more phone screens with 2 other ppl.Then was invited onsite for a 1:1 interview with 4 ppl.Lasted 3 hours. Ppl were friendly and concentrated more on data structure questions.

Interview Question – binary tree sort   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2010.

Interview Details – post your resume through referral. You get an email mentioning interview details. Attend and get offer on the same day. Then you can negotiate on joining date and salaries.

Interview Question – Why are you changing your job? :)   View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2014.

Interview Details – horrible experience, i was told abt interview just one day before.. when i went there..they did interview for namesake..:( the person who took interview was so junior for a 8 year exp person.. she did some timepass and said done.. then no feedback :(

Interview Question – Not much difficult questions   View Answers (2)

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Technical rounds was good and all of them interested in work I have done
1 telephonic
3 rounds face to face
1 hr

Interview Question – Asked me to implement iterator in java,
design question,
cloud design,
open stack questions,

When Hr started giving suggestion how to make current work better!
  View Answer