Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard
- Software Engineer (170)
- Business Analyst (80)
- Senior Software Engineer (57)
- Intern (56)
- Project Manager (55)
- Software Developer (50)
- Financial Analyst (43)
- Technical Consultant (41)
- Technology Consultant (40)
- Technical Support Engineer (35)
- Inside Sales Representative (31)
- Program Manager (25)
- Sales Representative (24)
- Engineering (23)
- Systems Engineer (20)
- Engineer (19)
- Solutions Architect (18)
- IT Developer/Engineer (17)
- Account Manager (17)
- Marketing Manager (16)
- Systems/Software Engineer (16)
- Process Associate (15)
- Manager (14)
- Technology Consultant II (14)
- Hardware Engineer (12)
- IT Project Manager (12)
- Network Engineer (12)
- Consultant (11)
- Product Manager (11)
- Product Marketing Manager (11)
Software Engineer Intern Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2014.
I applied through an internal referral for an internship within same team. Only one round of telephonic interview with simple questions such as designing in OOPS, reverse a linked list and add a number. Got an offer within two days. After 3 weeks of the offer, got a call saying that the department is under freeze and all open positions are cancelled. Revoked the offer when just 2 weeks was present before starting the internship and spoilt all my plans.
- Nothing too hard. Simple standard questions. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Late intimidation of some department being under freeze.
Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard
Software Engineer Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.
Had two interviews. One with two engineers and another one with a big team. Questions were related to my previous projects and software I worked on.
- What was the most difficult task you found in developing kernel modules for the products you built? Answer Question
Software Engineer Intern InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Roseville, CA).
Communication was slow. Took two months to complete. HR Representative was very slow at getting things together. The representative did not respond to many of my emails after many attempts to contact.
- Just resume questions. Answer Question
Software Engineer Intern InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Leixlip (Ireland)) in April 2014.
Applied online, received a phone interview a week or so later and was then offered a face to face interview 3 weeks later.
- How do you test your code? What would you do if you were to make an app for HP? What features would it have? What steps would you take to create a shopping website? 1 Answer