Hewlett-Packard

Updated Apr 30, 2014

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2013.

Single interview process to gauge both short and long-term goals. Very comfortable conversation that still went by a rubric. Be sure to elaborate when possible.

Interview Questions
  • Describe in detail an experience in which you overcame adversity.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2013.

I met a recruiter at my university career fair and he interviewed me later that night. It was fairly laid back with a few technical questions. He e-mailed me and told me he wanted to bring me in for another interview but after I responded, he never contacted me again.

Solution Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Referred to by colleague

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Palo Alto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

This took a lot longer than it should have or needed to. The process consisted of phone screens and in-person interviews over six or seven weeks.

Interview Questions
    • You're at a customer meeting with a sales rep. The sales rep is telling the customer wrong information regarding the products you are selling, what do you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Whole process took about 4 months. Interview with hiring manager and another manager then did a demo fo a panel that included the hiring manager,plus another manager and the director and a final interview with the Manager of the Sales team I'd be working with. This occurred before all the acquisitions. Organization was pretty flat and still had to old HP culture, so I have no idea what the process would be like today, but it was pretty lenghtly when I joined some 7 years ago.

I came from a competitor so the offer was very good. I received a bump on my salary and I was happy with the additional perks to would be getting, so I accepted.

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2008.

I secured the interview through online submission of my resume to the company website. A series of three telephone interviews followed by an offer. The initial interview was with the hiring manager and the subsequent interviews were with eventual colleagues. The interviews were cordial with thorough questions and very few personality type questions. I hit it off with both the manager and the team.

Advice is to be yourself and be personable. Cultural fit is very important once your technical qualifications are established.

Contribution and innovation are valued and rewarded. Very much a community environment.

Interview Questions
    Negotiations were pretty straight forward. Hiring manager has ability to grant additional benefits such as extra vacation days, etc..

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Interviewed with three people. Spoke to the hiring manager first and had most get to know each other type interview. There was not much technical detail involved in this round of interviews Manager was new to role so another interview was setup with a manager of closely related group for technical interview. Interview was conversational type with technical questions sprinkled throughout. All in all pretty laid back. Spoke with the Director of the team next and was mostly about expectations of the role, etc

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience with proposing solutions to complex customer issues. How many years of sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2011.

Group Interview, white board presentation

went well

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2010.

A quick 45 minute phone call to discuss technology solutions and how my current area of technology focus meshed with their current Solutions Architect position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

The interview process was based on a mock sales presentation and a review of my skill sets and experience. I felt it was a fair interview. I made it down to the last two candidates, but didn't get the job. A younger, less experienced ( and I'm assuming less expensive) candidate got the job.

Interview Questions

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!