Hewlett-Packard Solutions Architect Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2015

3.1

Solutions Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Very detailed and organized. Met with multiple SAs and managers and we exchanged our technical knowledge for the position as well as the industry as a whole. Great experience overall. Ask as many questions as you can, it will help the process.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you will add value to the team and organization?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Cambridge, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

4 rounds of interview.
    3 technical and about experience
    4th was HR
    Offer was given a week after interview.
    Visited the office for interview, gave a starting date for next month.
    The recruiter visited on campus for the role and chose resumes from the lot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate since it was an internship

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Los Angeles, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

I met a recruiter at my university career fair and he interviewed me later that night. It was fairly laid back with a few technical questions. He e-mailed me and told me he wanted to bring me in for another interview but after I responded, he never contacted me again.

Solution Architect Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Referred to by colleague

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Single interview process to gauge both short and long-term goals. Very comfortable conversation that still went by a rubric. Be sure to elaborate when possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail an experience in which you overcame adversity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

This took a lot longer than it should have or needed to. The process consisted of phone screens and in-person interviews over six or seven weeks.

Interview Questions

• You're at a customer meeting with a sales rep. The sales rep is telling the customer wrong information regarding the products you are selling, what do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Whole process took about 4 months. Interview with hiring manager and another manager then did a demo fo a panel that included the hiring manager,plus another manager and the director and a final interview with the Manager of the Sales team I'd be working with. This occurred before all the acquisitions. Organization was pretty flat and still had to old HP culture, so I have no idea what the process would be like today, but it was pretty lenghtly when I joined some 7 years ago.

Negotiation

I came from a competitor so the offer was very good. I received a bump on my salary and I was happy with the additional perks to would be getting, so I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Alpharetta, GA) in March 2011.

Interview

Interviewed with three people. Spoke to the hiring manager first and had most get to know each other type interview. There was not much technical detail involved in this round of interviews Manager was new to role so another interview was setup with a manager of closely related group for technical interview. Interview was conversational type with technical questions sprinkled throughout. All in all pretty laid back. Spoke with the Director of the team next and was mostly about expectations of the role, etc

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with proposing solutions to complex customer issues. How many years of sales experience do you have?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Austin, TX) in January 2011.

Interview

Group Interview, white board presentation

Interview Questions

• How long you stay with us.   1 Answer
    • How you can lead the organization   1 Answer

Negotiation

went well

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Columbus, OH) in February 2010.

Interview

The interview process was based on a mock sales presentation and a review of my skill sets and experience. I felt it was a fair interview. I made it down to the last two candidates, but didn't get the job. A younger, less experienced ( and I'm assuming less expensive) candidate got the job.