Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard
- Software Engineer (120)
- Business Analyst (55)
- Project Manager (46)
- Senior Software Engineer (39)
- Software Developer (32)
- Technical Consultant (31)
- Intern (28)
- Technical Support Engineer (28)
- Financial Analyst (28)
- Technology Consultant (23)
- Engineering (22)
- Program Manager (17)
- Engineer (17)
- Solutions Architect (15)
- Account Manager (15)
- Inside Sales Representative (15)
- Sales Representative (15)
- Marketing Manager (13)
- Systems Engineer (13)
- Process Associate (12)
- Manager (11)
- IT Project Manager (11)
- Hardware Engineer (11)
- IT Developer/Engineer (10)
- Analyst (10)
- Consultant (10)
- Product Manager (9)
- Systems Administrator (9)
- Technology Consultant I (9)
- Senior Business Analyst (9)
Solutions Test Center Engineer Intern Interview
I applied online. The process took a day – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2010.
I had another interview before this for the software development group. In that one I had a phone interview before going on site for the whole interview.
Because I was already screened, for this interview I just got an email from the hiring manager asking me for a date to come for interview.
The interview last 3 hours. I was interviewed by 6 people, each half an hour. There was no time to rest, so be prepared to be sitting and switching interviewers one after other.
The group that interviewed me was really nice which comes to the point that if you feel good talking to them, there is a fit and they also perceive that. Be yourself! talk as much as you can about your experiences.
Some of the questions I had were:
- Differences between TCP and UDP
- do you have experience in networking? you can mention your network at home!
- experience working as a group
After the interview, I got a call from mexico, a recruiter from there called me to a final interview. It was more about working in diverse teams (this group work with people in canada, costa rica, mexico), experience working with people of other countries. Also, if I had problems before with managers or coworkers and how I resolved... people skills in other words.
All of this interview process was around december 22. Hp close down entire site from there to the first days in january. I got a called the first work day in january from the manager to make an offer.
- I dont think there was an unexpected question. All people were nice. Answer Question