Hewlett-Packard Summer Intern Interview Questions

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

I had a 1-1 interview where I got asked different questions about computer science, operating systems, multi-threading and software engineering. It was more like an oral exam where I also had to write a small piece of code for a binary tree. Got questions about testing and about algorithms design. Some behavioral questions about projects and decision making. The guy was nice and the interview was adequate, it lasted one hour. He said he liked me but since I was an international student I could not get an offer.

Interview Questions
  • You have to design an algorithm for an elevator system in a skyscraper. How would you do it?   View Answer
  • two main issues with multi-threading   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in April 2009.

Pretty straight forward... connected with hiring manager, had two phone interviews, was offered position.

Culture did not fit

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

It was video conference and concentrated mostly on my past work ex, small cases and willingness to work for the role offered

Summer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2010.

After I applied the position on their website, I got a phone interview from a HR recruiter two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • What are the new trends you see in your research field?   Answer Question