Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

User Experience Interview

User Experience
Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Recruited from another firm - HP recruiter reviewed previous employment, types of industries, scope of engagements & successes. Lead to several phone interviews and picked up after four screenings. Various groups around the U.S. participated in process. Time frame was two weeks from start to finish.

Chief of Staff Interview

Chief of Staff
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Weird - distributed model - where administrative assistants to hiring managers might orchestrate interview process depending on group / function and resourcing. It took 3 months from start to finish and was poorly communicated from start to finish.

Interview Question – What product can you not live without and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I pushed hard for increased offer based on actual facts of my compensation. Offer was modified to an acceptable exchange. Do not go in without knowledge of the hiring practices and constraints the company is under in a turn around phase.

HP Software and Hardware QA Interview

HP Software and Hardware QA
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a Staffing Agency, they set up a phone interview to review my skills and if there was anything that I needed to brush up on. I then had a in person interview on site with two of the leads and the manager to see if i would be a good fit with the company.

Interview Question – Have you ever used SI (Sudden Impact) it is a bug tracking system used in company only, as well as the term dashing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Would you like a job working as a contractor here for 22 an hour.

Senior Technical Support Engineer Interview

Senior Technical Support Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2011.

Interview Details – It was a standard interview process basic OOPS questions, sample programs and logic questions

Interview Question – Pretty standard   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Product Marketing Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2013.

Interview Details – Flew me in for a third round interview. The interview consisted of 8 back to back interviews with various employees within the department. The schedule of who I interviewed with was a little mixed up and different from the initial schedule. Everyone for the most part was nice to talk to but a few seemed uninterested. Pretty straight forward with mostly behavioral questions and a few on the job hypothetical questions.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Channel Accounts Executive Interview

Channel Accounts Executive
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Very Good and Through. They didn't try and get you on the little things they just wanted to make sure you were who you said you were

Negotiation Details – Very Easy going

Senior Marketing Manager - Mobility Interview

Senior Marketing Manager - Mobility
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in May 2013.

Interview Details – Knew a few people within the company and was recommended to a position that was being created. Went through an over the phone interview, and was then flown to Sunnyvale for (4) additional interviews. In each of the interviews I felt the person had different objectives with the position and there was not a lot of continuity. A few days later HP had another round of lay offs and this position did not end up being created.

Interview Question – Explain why your experience makes you a great fit for this 'start up environment' position.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2013.

Interview Details – First Part of Interview:
Recruiter Call (I had to follow up with this recruiter in order to get 2nd part of interview.)

Second Part of Interview:
2nd Recruiter call with internal recruiter.

Third Part of Interview:
In person interview with hiring manager and team member

4th Part of Interview:
Turned in deck and word document creating an entire marketing plan for what your strategy would be. (Asked to do this on a Saturday and turn in on Wednesday, I turned in a 12 page report and 25+ page deck by Tuesday.)

5th Part of Interview:
Speak to two directors of cross functional teams. (Asked to speak to two more directors after I was told by director that they wanted to send me an offer)

This interview process was ridiculous. I was told I was the final candidate and when salary was being negotiated I was asked to come in for the 5th part of the interview process to meet with two more directors. After that they made me wait another 3 weeks before telling me they wanted to hire a director of marketing before the move one. Not only that, they also decided to change the position to more of a social media type role. They were a mess. The people I met were nice enough, but to drag an interview process for about a month and a half is crazy. Especially after telling me they wanted to give an offer and then bring you back for more interviews.

Word of advice: Stop wasting peoples time. After all of the time and effort, you could have at least told gave me some feedback to help me going forward. BTW, you are welcome for the free digital marketing strategy. HP is officially off of my list of companies to work for or buy products from.

Interview Question – Inperson interview was pretty easy. Creating a complete marketing strategy for them took a lot of time and effort. I would advise not to do this unless you are really desperate for a job, even then they may just be using you.   Answer Question

Visual Designer - Job Number: 1183670 Interview

Visual Designer - Job Number: 1183670
Sunnyvale, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2013.

Interview Details – Was given a creative challenge by the hiring manager. The person liked my work. Wanted to interview but later changed her mind.

Very Difficult Interview

Mobile Applications Developer Interview

Mobile Applications Developer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2013.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted me after applying for the job online.asked me to rate myself in Java and C++ and then proceeded to ask me some concept questions.

Interview Question – What is each part of the System.out.pritnLn ? what is System? What is Out. What is PrintLn()?
Why does Java use Super in the constructor and c++ does not?
  Answer Question

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!