Hewlett-Packard

Hewlett-Packard Systems Administrator Interview Questions

2.9

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Contract position - two phone interviews, one face to face

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through other source – interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Very aimicable no stress.

Interview Questions
    It was the least difficult of many I've done. I was able to get a 10% raise from my previous position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2012.

Phone Interview with a technical test. Scored a perfect score on the technical test. Does require security clearance and the interview was about twenty minutes. Referred to job through a third party vendor named Verigient

N/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2008.

Questions that did not pertain to the position applied for at all. It was almost like they google "questions to ask in an interview" and printed them out and read them word for word. Questions such as "if you were in a position where someone was mad at you how would you talk them out of being mad at you". Just lame. Nothing to do with my IT skills at all.

Interview Questions
    • If someone was being mad to you how would you talk them out of being mad at you.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation where you failed and how did you make a comeback.   Answer Question
    Was promised a salary when I was hired that I have still not seen to this day. I have now been in the position 3 years.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2012.

Follwing 3 test are conducted:
    1) Aptitude(Off line Paper of half an hoour)
    2) Technical interview
    3) HR Interview

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2012.

the interview process is very long and have 3 rounds after that background verification and al the thing will take place

Company Brand name

Systems Administrator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2011.

After 1 month and 2 weeks from the time I submitted my application, I was scheduled for an exam. After passing the exam, waited another week for the initial panel interview with two Team Leads. Interview was okay, not too technical. After 4 days, I was scheduled for a final interview with a manager. Questions were almost the same as with the initial interview. Received an invite for the Job Offer after 3 days. Asked HR to give me 24 hours to think about it. The day after, signed and processed the pre-employment requirements.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderābād (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2010.

It took 2 days for my interview process. firstly, written exam was conducted. i were easily handled it, followed by group discussion. Group discussion was bit tricky and tough but I handled it with ease. finally, in HR round a group of delegates questioned about my personal life, i were bit angry with the questions but i managed in some way without showing my anger.
    By god's grace i were selected.

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2010.

Bug is a deviation from the expected result that can be fixed and solved, while a defect is a problem in the application algorithm or the mechanism that leads to consistent failure or an error that requires a massive change. Bug is a deviation from the expected result that can be fixed and solved, while a defect is a problem in the application algorithm or the mechanism that leads to consistent failure or an error that requires a massive change.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been conducting audits on a regular basis?   View Answer
    • Tell us about ISO 90xx documentation control and corrective actions?   View Answer