Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – I interviewed with HP in El Paso, Texas. It was a complete waste of time. they offer between 35 to 45,000 a year for programmers here in el paso. there is no training or any real support to help develope your skills.

Interview Question – it was a question on DNS but i cant remember.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – no worth it

Herndon, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for a job listing online, a few days later I received a email from an HR employee requesting my resume and cover letter. After I sent my information over it took about a day for them to schedule a phone interview. They asked me basic questions about my life goals, what drives me as a person and what I wanted from a job. The phone interview went well and I was invited to come in to Herndon for a group interview. They asked me basic interview questions again and it was about 6 or 7 of the people I would be working with daily. I asked them a ton of questions and they asked me a ton of questions as well. Apparently I was down to the final two and they went with me because they felt I would fit in better.

I did prepare a great deal for each interview, thats why I feel I was so comfortable. I would say if you prepare and do your homework before the meeting, you will be fine. I have been with the company for less than a year but I do enjoy coming to work everyday. It was a great choice for me.

Interview Question – why do you want this job? What sets you apart from the other interviewees?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, I was happy with the initial offer. But a few days after I accepted the offer, they came back and stated that they wanted to increase my offer so you could imagine how happy I was / am.

Seattle, WA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2011.

Interview Details – I feel the company has a very good structure and is very well organized. The were very precise in the interview process and moved along very quickly. Management was able to consider the qualities needed for the job and ask the right questions.

Interview Question – How long have you worked for the company?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview and answered behavioral questions. I completed interview with Team Lead. I was contacted by the hiring Manager to further discuss the position and was asked to come in for a campus interview. Initially with first contact from the hiring manager i made it clear that i lived in another city and that i was looking to relocate to Houston. The hiring manager indicated that for the campus interview I would be responsible for getting to Houston on my own. I purchased a airlinr ticket and accept the campus interview. The interview with lunch ended up being approximately 5 hours. That was almost 3 months ago and they did not even bother to followup and say we decided to go with another candidate. Of course this is quite obvious now but that's the very least that they could have done.

Interview Question – PAR   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on company website and an HR rep from Mexico emailed me to setup a phone interview. She had a 15 screening (tell me about you, why HP etc.) and scheduled an conference call with the manager and a senior analyst. She mentioned that I will be supporting government clients and will be working from home. Most questions at the second interview were easy (project related, general technical). It lasted for 45 minutes and next week the HR emailed that I did not get the job.

Interview Question – What does XML encoding did you use at your project? such as UTF8 or UTF16?
How do you speed up an SQL query?
  View Answer

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2012.

Interview Details – FIrst round was purely on ur commmunication. Next was a HR round, where they check ur communication and some personal traits. nxet was a technical and aptitude round. there were around 30 technical question and 10 aptitude questions. all level 1 questions.

Interview Question – why u had a break ?   Answer Question

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

Interview Details – Its was good and quick without much of an hastle.

Interview Question – Core Technical stuffs   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Its was good as per the company standard

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard Systems Analyst interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.