Hewlett-Packard

Hewlett-Packard Systems Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Analyst Interview

I interviewed with HP in El Paso, Texas. It was a complete waste of time. they offer between 35 to 45,000 a year for programmers here in el paso. there is no training or any real support to help develope your skills.

no worth it

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in June 2011.

I applied for a job listing online, a few days later I received a email from an HR employee requesting my resume and cover letter. After I sent my information over it took about a day for them to schedule a phone interview. They asked me basic questions about my life goals, what drives me as a person and what I wanted from a job. The phone interview went well and I was invited to come in to Herndon for a group interview. They asked me basic interview questions again and it was about 6 or 7 of the people I would be working with daily. I asked them a ton of questions and they asked me a ton of questions as well. Apparently I was down to the final two and they went with me because they felt I would fit in better.

I did prepare a great deal for each interview, thats why I feel I was so comfortable. I would say if you prepare and do your homework before the meeting, you will be fine. I have been with the company for less than a year but I do enjoy coming to work everyday. It was a great choice for me.

Interview Questions
    • why do you want this job? What sets you apart from the other interviewees?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, I was happy with the initial offer. But a few days after I accepted the offer, they came back and stated that they wanted to increase my offer so you could imagine how happy I was / am.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in October 2011.

I feel the company has a very good structure and is very well organized. The were very precise in the interview process and moved along very quickly. Management was able to consider the qualities needed for the job and ask the right questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

I was contacted by the hiring manager for a phone interview and answered behavioral questions. I completed interview with Team Lead. I was contacted by the hiring Manager to further discuss the position and was asked to come in for a campus interview. Initially with first contact from the hiring manager i made it clear that i lived in another city and that i was looking to relocate to Houston. The hiring manager indicated that for the campus interview I would be responsible for getting to Houston on my own. I purchased a airlinr ticket and accept the campus interview. The interview with lunch ended up being approximately 5 hours. That was almost 3 months ago and they did not even bother to followup and say we decided to go with another candidate. Of course this is quite obvious now but that's the very least that they could have done.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2013.

I applied on company website and an HR rep from Mexico emailed me to setup a phone interview. She had a 15 screening (tell me about you, why HP etc.) and scheduled an conference call with the manager and a senior analyst. She mentioned that I will be supporting government clients and will be working from home. Most questions at the second interview were easy (project related, general technical). It lasted for 45 minutes and next week the HR emailed that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What does XML encoding did you use at your project? such as UTF8 or UTF16?
      How do you speed up an SQL query?
        View Answer

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2012.

FIrst round was purely on ur commmunication. Next was a HR round, where they check ur communication and some personal traits. nxet was a technical and aptitude round. there were around 30 technical question and 10 aptitude questions. all level 1 questions.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2010.

Its was good and quick without much of an hastle.

Interview Questions
    Its was good as per the company standard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!