Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Engineer

I applied in-person and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – None current co. Was bought out. If your company is bought out be prepared to be dismantled. Though during course of employment I did move around and their are opportunities as I mentioned but interviewing with other managers was primarily base on recommendations and work ethic .

Interview Question – Can you relocate overseas   View Answer

Cupertino, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very late back and a smooth ride for fresh grad

Interview Question – None that could not be answered   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Found better offer

Fremont, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in August 2012.

Interview Details – applied online on Hp career website and received an email regarding the position and initial screen was with the hiring manager who asked general questions on resume and behavioral questions. Sh then informed me that they would like to consider for onsite interview. So was asked to fly down to the location after a week. The onsite interview lasted for 3 hours. General introduction and team responsibilities were indicated at first and then 1-1 half hour interviews with 5 team members. 2 rounds were purely technical. one round was resume based and the other two comprised of behavioral and technical mix. After 3 days the hiring manager called me and asked me about salary expectation and other status and congratulated me but received a call later in the night describing that they needed a masters student and that as i was a bachelors candidate, the company policy for that position was different.

Interview Question – database normalization and oops approach to checkers game   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed with about 8 team members, both technical questions and personality questions

Interview Question – What happens if you add 1 to 0xFFFFFFF (16-bit number)   View Answer

Northfield, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2011.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with the recruiter. Then I had 2 phone interviews in the department I would be working in. This was for State Farm, not for HP.

Interview Question – they asked about my work background and working with Avaya products   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I did not want to relocate to Bloomington, IL

Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2011.

Interview Details – There were 6-7 round of interviews in total. Out of which, first three rounds were technical and remaining 2-3 were managerial followed by HR round of interview.

Interview Question – Why should we consider you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – At that moment, was working at onsite.

Interviewed at Hewlett-Packard

Interview Details – Everything went smooth. 2 technical round and manager round.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – For a fresher:
1.One round of written interview(aptitude, logical reasoning, GK etc.,)
2.Technical &HR round

For experience:
1.Technical round (it can be two rounds)
2. HR round

Interview Question – For a fresher:
Tell about your project
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got a good offer, so there was no need to negotiate.
Be realistic.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

Interview Details – Campus Recruitment. 1 written skills test, 2 technical interviews and one HR interview.

Interview Question – Nothing particularly difficult. OS and C basics.   Answer Question

Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – The hiring process was long. First an interview with the direct supervisor, then i was asked to come again for a second interview and for some test (i could not get information regarding the nature of this second interview when invited)
I did try to get information regarding the poress, i was told that i am a leading candadate but the maneger seemed indecicive and needed more and omre tests.
Then a computerized test

Interview Question – A set of logocal questions   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low salary

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!