Hewlett-Packard Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2015

2.9

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

None current co. Was bought out. If your company is bought out be prepared to be dismantled. Though during course of employment I did move around and their are opportunities as I mentioned but interviewing with other managers was primarily base on recommendations and work ethic .

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Pleasanton, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I was already a contractor, so I just had an in-person interview in a meeting room. It was a quick meeting with 3 managers and they briefly interviewed me. Everything was finished in about 30-45 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Fremont, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

applied online on Hp career website and received an email regarding the position and initial screen was with the hiring manager who asked general questions on resume and behavioral questions. Sh then informed me that they would like to consider for onsite interview. So was asked to fly down to the location after a week. The onsite interview lasted for 3 hours. General introduction and team responsibilities were indicated at first and then 1-1 half hour interviews with 5 team members. 2 rounds were purely technical. one round was resume based and the other two comprised of behavioral and technical mix. After 3 days the hiring manager called me and asked me about salary expectation and other status and congratulated me but received a call later in the night describing that they needed a masters student and that as i was a bachelors candidate, the company policy for that position was different.

Interview Questions

• database normalization and oops approach to checkers game   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northfield, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Northfield, IL) in November 2011.

Interview

I had an initial interview with the recruiter. Then I had 2 phone interviews in the department I would be working in. This was for State Farm, not for HP.

Interview Questions

• they asked about my work background and working with Avaya products   1 Answer

I did not want to relocate to Bloomington, IL

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Cupertino, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

Very late back and a smooth ride for fresh grad

Found better offer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Houston, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with about 8 team members, both technical questions and personality questions

Interview Questions

• What happens if you add 1 to 0xFFFFFFF (16-bit number)   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Everything went smooth. 2 technical round and manager round.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Bangalore (India)).

Interview

For a fresher: 1.One round of written interview(aptitude, logical reasoning, GK etc.,) 2.Technical &HR round For experience: 1.Technical round (it can be two rounds) 2. HR round

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got a good offer, so there was no need to negotiate. Be realistic.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

The hiring process was long. First an interview with the direct supervisor, then i was asked to come again for a second interview and for some test (i could not get information regarding the nature of this second interview when invited) I did try to get information regarding the poress, i was told that i am a leading candadate but the maneger seemed indecicive and needed more and omre tests. Then a computerized test

low salary

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview

Written round (English, aptitude, questions based on networking), GD, Technical round,HR. It was quite simple.

Negotiation

Be positive and show enthusiasm to learn.