Hewlett-Packard Technical Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2014
Updated Dec 4, 2014

2.9

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Long day, 5 interviews in the same day. You will meet with six different people from different areas within HP. Each inteviewer talked about totally different things pertaining to the job. A little overwelhming at first, however I was made to feel at ease and it got better

Interview Questions
The last interview of the day was reserved for the offer. It went very well, considering they were my first choice of companies to work.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Screening interview -> Phone interview -> First interview -> Dining Interview. There isn't any difficult questions about interview process.

Interview Questions
    • If applying for a job, it would be best to know most of latest technology. Recommended to know in depth networking and linux/unix systems possible.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Standard process though management appeared to lean of inexperienced personnel to do the initial; screening. My department is more interested in customer service skills rather than technical knowledge. You have to have a good balance I agree but so many people are being hired without any technical knowledge that serving the customers expeditiously is a major fail.

Interview Questions
    None. Take it leave it attitude. I was told verbatim. "Sorry, since you are new the field, this is what we can offer." Their loss, I have already exceeded my peers in competence, know how, professionalism, and more. I am looking for a new job now. They simply do NOT know what they have nor do they know how to foster and develop employees.

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

I can't advise too much in this regard in that I worked under the umbrella of HP as a contractor for over a year before they reached out to me and asked if I would be willing to transition to a FTE position. All I can offer for those of you who find yourself in this position is to work your butt off and have a true commitment to delivering a quality product.

Interview Questions
    • I don't feel that I was asked any difficult questions. They simply asked about my experience and my personal goals.   Answer Question
    I calculated what I was making as a contractor, added in estimated "markups" for the various layers in my contract that was made up of other subcontractors, and then marked it down slightly to represent my requested salary. It was a whole lot more than I would have expected that I could ask for, but I did and they didn't blink an eye.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

A telephone interview followed by 2 onsite interviews.

2 months

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2010.

Initial emai, followup phone call and F2F interview.

Salary & Benefist

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2009.

I did a quick phone inteview for the HR recruiter. Then a group interview at a Starbucks in Naperville. They asked a few standard interview questions and explained the position. They interview stopped going well when they asked what type of Networking experience I had. Of course I haven't had much.

Interview Questions
    • How much Networking experience do you have?   View Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in November 2009.

To make the meeting informal from the start, step out from behind your desk. The seating arrangement should make you and the candidate equals. Then offer something to drink. Ask candidatures if they want some coffee or water, and then pour it yourself. This gesture will make it clear you aren't an ogre. Lead in with a little idle conversation and tell candidates about your company. It's also a good idea to add a little of your background into the company description - where you came from, why the company attracted you...

The salary was lower.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

Was none. I was assimilated from the EDS takeover

There was none. After the first year, they took the worst in benefits from EDS and the worst from HP, combined them and that was the offering. Not even in the middle of the road.

Technical Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2009.

Step one - phone technical screening. Be prepared. Make sure you are in a quiet area so you can hear the questions. If you are using a cell phone, make sure you have good strong signal. Step two- Behavior interview with the Supervisor or panel to be questioned about your work experiences and ethics. Be yourself and honest. Step three- drug test Step four- offer letter via email.