Hewlett-Packard

Average Difficulty
29 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Consultant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Long day, 5 interviews in the same day. You will meet with six different people from different areas within HP. Each inteviewer talked about totally different things pertaining to the job. A little overwelhming at first, however I was made to feel at ease and it got better

Interview Question – They were all pretty basic questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The last interview of the day was reserved for the offer. It went very well, considering they were my first choice of companies to work.

Technical Consultant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Screening interview -> Phone interview -> First interview -> Dining Interview. There isn't any difficult questions about interview process.

Interview Question – If applying for a job, it would be best to know most of latest technology. Recommended to know in depth networking and linux/unix systems possible.   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in July 2010.

Interview Details – Initial emai, followup phone call and F2F interview.

Interview Question – What was your most difficult assignment.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary & Benefist

Alpharetta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – Standard process though management appeared to lean of inexperienced personnel to do the initial; screening. My department is more interested in customer service skills rather than technical knowledge. You have to have a good balance I agree but so many people are being hired without any technical knowledge that serving the customers expeditiously is a major fail.

Interview Question – What do you have to offer HP?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None. Take it leave it attitude. I was told verbatim. "Sorry, since you are new the field, this is what we can offer." Their loss, I have already exceeded my peers in competence, know how, professionalism, and more. I am looking for a new job now. They simply do NOT know what they have nor do they know how to foster and develop employees.

Technical Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – I can't advise too much in this regard in that I worked under the umbrella of HP as a contractor for over a year before they reached out to me and asked if I would be willing to transition to a FTE position. All I can offer for those of you who find yourself in this position is to work your butt off and have a true commitment to delivering a quality product.

Interview Question – I don't feel that I was asked any difficult questions. They simply asked about my experience and my personal goals.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I calculated what I was making as a contractor, added in estimated "markups" for the various layers in my contract that was made up of other subcontractors, and then marked it down slightly to represent my requested salary. It was a whole lot more than I would have expected that I could ask for, but I did and they didn't blink an eye.

Technical Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2009.

Interview Details – Step one - phone technical screening. Be prepared. Make sure you are in a quiet area so you can hear the questions. If you are using a cell phone, make sure you have good strong signal. Step two- Behavior interview with the Supervisor or panel to be questioned about your work experiences and ethics. Be yourself and honest. Step three- drug test Step four- offer letter via email.

Interview Question – Are you leaving your current job?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard.

Interview Details – A telephone interview followed by 2 onsite interviews.

Interview Question – as exepected   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 2 months

Very Easy Interview

Detroit, MI

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in September 2009.

Interview Details – Was none. I was assimilated from the EDS takeover

Negotiation Details – There was none. After the first year, they took the worst in benefits from EDS and the worst from HP, combined them and that was the offering. Not even in the middle of the road.

Very Difficult Interview

Herndon, VA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in January 2008.

Interview Details – I interviewed with multiple levels of management and technical people on the account. They pressed me for my experience working with the government and tested my skills with the equipment available on the account. I went through three series of interviews over a two week period, took a drug and personality test, followed by a full background check.

Interview Question – What is the hardest thing about working with the government?   Answer Question

Naperville, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in December 2009.

Interview Details – I did a quick phone inteview for the HR recruiter. Then a group interview at a Starbucks in Naperville. They asked a few standard interview questions and explained the position. They interview stopped going well when they asked what type of Networking experience I had. Of course I haven't had much.

Interview Question – How much Networking experience do you have?   View Answer

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!