Hewlett-Packard Test Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 4, 2015

Test Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Dallas, TX).

Interview

One Phone Interview & One technical in person interview. The phone call was with three members of the team which I joined and each individual asked questions. The technical questions was focused upon asking previous experiences as well as finding feasible solutions to Operating system complications with regards to memory and speed as well as exposure to testing framework plus scripting languages

Interview Questions

• There were alot of testing framework and Scripting bases question   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation since it was an internship

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (El Paso, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

four different interviews, one with a current Hewlett Packard tester, another one with the recruiter from hewlett packard, third one with my current manager, a fourth one with the client's manager

Interview Questions

• command too stop a process in Autosys   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got the salary over the phone call with the recruiter, I tried to negotiate over the phone and recruiter declined, I accepted the offer on the same call (maybe I could have negotiated more)

Test Engineer Interview

Interview

Went onsite for interview through an external agent, went there to only hear that my profile is not suitable for the position. Instead of being prepared to take the interview, they were trying to understand it in front of me with question marks. Panel should be prepared and also value the candidates time and effort.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Chennai (India)) in May 2013.

Interview

1st day is of Apps and Group Discussion. Results were announced by the evening for Aps and Gd, the next day. 2nd day, Technical Interview was mostly based on the scenarios and the methodologies used. Few were from the Automation(UFT) and then 2 HR rounds.

Interview Questions

• Mostly scenario based. How'll you apply testing methodologies depending upon the given scenario   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Prague (Czech Republic)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard (Prague (Czech Republic)) in October 2012.

Interview

none - i applied with my CV and got contacted directly by my manager.