Hewlett-Packard

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Thermal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Received an email from the hiring manager 2-3 days after applying for the position, who asked to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was simply a brief review of my skills and competencies and a detailed description of job responsibilities. Manager was friendly and positive, and stated that I would be contacted by HR to set up an on-site interview. Travel was arranged within the week by the company, and the on-site interview, conducted a week later, involved several 1:1 discussions with various members of the team. Team members were most interested in my research topics and understanding of heat transfer, and they welcomed my questions about their work. The interview process took about 4 hours, ending with the manager informing me that I can expect an offer. A day later, an official offer was extended, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with a software issue (the job description said nothing of programming)?   View Answer
Before leaving I informed the manager of other offers and interviews I was expecting (without getting too specific), and I believe that helped expedite the hiring process to some degree.

Other Interview Reviews for Hewlett-Packard

Thermal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

1st round phone interview.
    2nd round on-site interview. This was conducted in Houston, TX. Planning was done well before hand and I was booked a hotel room and was offered expenses componsated (food, gas, etc.). The interview was a 3-4 process of meeting managers, employees, and touring the facilities. The interview was fairly informal.

Interview Questions
    • Would you consider yourself a computer geek?   View Answer