Hewlett-Packard

Relevance Date Difficulty

Thermal Engineer Interview

Thermal Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

Interview Details – 1st round phone interview.
2nd round on-site interview. This was conducted in Houston, TX. Planning was done well before hand and I was booked a hotel room and was offered expenses componsated (food, gas, etc.). The interview was a 3-4 process of meeting managers, employees, and touring the facilities. The interview was fairly informal.

Interview Question – Would you consider yourself a computer geek?   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Thermal Engineer Interview

Thermal Engineer
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hewlett-Packard in March 2011.

Interview Details – Received an email from the hiring manager 2-3 days after applying for the position, who asked to set up a phone interview. Phone interview was simply a brief review of my skills and competencies and a detailed description of job responsibilities. Manager was friendly and positive, and stated that I would be contacted by HR to set up an on-site interview. Travel was arranged within the week by the company, and the on-site interview, conducted a week later, involved several 1:1 discussions with various members of the team. Team members were most interested in my research topics and understanding of heat transfer, and they welcomed my questions about their work. The interview process took about 4 hours, ending with the manager informing me that I can expect an offer. A day later, an official offer was extended, which I accepted.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a software issue (the job description said nothing of programming)?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Before leaving I informed the manager of other offers and interviews I was expecting (without getting too specific), and I believe that helped expedite the hiring process to some degree.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Hewlett-Packard

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!

Hewlett-Packard Videos

Hewlett-Packard – Why Work for Us?

The start-up that started it all. Six decades before high tech and dot coms existed, classmates Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard built an audio oscillator in a garage and launched a technology revolution. Today we’re… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hewlett-Packard Thermal Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Hewlett-Packard employees and interview candidates.