Hewlett-Packard Writing Systems Engineer Interview Questions

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Writing Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hewlett-Packard (San Diego, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

The whole process was very swift after my online application. The first communication was by email, requesting a conversational email about my background (not my resume). My potential boss did a phone interview and after 15 minutes asked what position I wanted and how much money it would take to get me in there? I was very excited that someone recognized my wide range of abilities and was going to hire me for them. A week later I had an interview with about 10 people - one at a time. Before two weeks were up I had accepted an offer of employment. Despite the very good start it turns out that my broad skills were not fully utilized and I was laid off 2 years and 2 months after starting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was swift and I got less than I wanted, but more than I had been paid before; plus a 10k sign on bonus.