Hewlett-Packard

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Writing Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hewlett-Packard in February 2011.

The whole process was very swift after my online application. The first communication was by email, requesting a conversational email about my background (not my resume). My potential boss did a phone interview and after 15 minutes asked what position I wanted and how much money it would take to get me in there?

I was very excited that someone recognized my wide range of abilities and was going to hire me for them.

A week later I had an interview with about 10 people - one at a time. Before two weeks were up I had accepted an offer of employment.

Despite the very good start it turns out that my broad skills were not fully utilized and I was laid off 2 years and 2 months after starting.

Interview Questions
Negotiation was swift and I got less than I wanted, but more than I had been paid before; plus a 10k sign on bonus.