Hexcel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hexcel (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

They hired me about a week after the interview. And then they called me whether I am interested or not first and then I said I am very interested. The overall interview question was a average to me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself or tell me about your past jobs.   Answer Question

Aluminum Packing Interview

Interview

The person who interviewed me is very friendly.You will not get nervous around her.She will help you understand the question. Explain the job that you are applying for. Make you comfortable. Smiling at all times until the end of your interview. Gives you time to think.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hexcel (Bellevue, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

Met contacts at a career fair. Submitted my resume. On-site interview and tour. Also met with some future coworkers. drug test and physical required. I expected the interview to be more formal than it was.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about leadership skills and military experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Low ball offer. Able to obtain a slightly higher salary. Low ball offers seem to be a very common practice.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hexcel (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial contact: Contacted Hexcel recruiter directly about the Production Supervisor position who stated that he wasn't the recruiter for that area. That recruiter immediately sent application information over to the correct recruiter for the area. That recruiter reached out within a day to schedule a phone interview, which was conducted within a weeks time. Phone interview: Consisted of questions focused primarily on work experience (i.e. "describe what you did...", "are you familiar with...", etc.) Also the usual "where do you see yourself in five years" and similar questions were thrown in. Since this location works a DuPont schedule, person must be okay with that. All in all, simple interview, primarily just need to be able to answer questions derived from resume. Following the interview, the recruiter stated that she would know within two days whether an on-site, follow-up interview would be conducted. Two days later she called and stated that a follow-up would be scheduled on-site. Appropriate information for the follow-up was sent via email. On-site interview: Arrival at location was followed with wait at guard shack while someone made their way out to act as an escort into the complex. Found that two of the original four scheduled interviewers had someone else sent in their stead and fourth person simply wasn't present. Interview session was conducted in a group setting. Questions were very similar to phone interview with a few derivatives. Current Status: After nearly a month following a good on-site interview, no communication has been relayed regarding hiring status - despite efforts on my part to reach out to the appropriate parties.

Interview Questions

• No questions were posed that were particularly technical or difficult   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hexcel (Kent, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

Onsite panel and phone calls. Rather disorganized. Travel was easily scheduled. Some member of the panel interview did not attend. The quality manager showed up 15 minted late, unprepared, and I had to begin my conversation over again.

Interview Questions

From so many interviews it was clear that the managers did not trust the hiring manager's judgment. Not a position I want to be in.

Engineering Inern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hexcel.

Interview

I applied though my university's career center. They first did a phone screening and asked me some basic questions about my resume, why I was interested in the position, and if I had any questions. I was then invited for an on-sight interview where I was interviewed by a panel of Process Engineers and the HR Manager.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you did not succeed as expected? How did you react the this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Hourly Pay.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hexcel (Kent, WA) in June 2013.

Interview

Almost act as if they don't want you to work there. Seem to question you in doubt

Interview Questions

• college style engineering test. if you've been out of school for some time, study up!   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hexcel (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2012.

Interview

2 interviews, one on campus the other one was on site. No technical questions, mostly situation and behavior questions

Interview Questions

• What ethical dilemma you approach recently and what were the outcomes of it?   Answer Question

Business Research Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Hexcel in August 2012.

Interview

Did a phone interview with standards questions about resume that was easy. Got positive feedback and was told I would hear from them soon. I heard nothing for a month without any updates to my application status. I finally got in touch with them and they had already selected another candidate without ever telling me.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Hexcel (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed by an on site interview shortly after. The on site was half a day meeting with two HR people, and two multi-person interviews. They took a week or so longer making an offer than the planned but it was still a quick decision process.

Interview Questions

• One of the HR people frankly asked me how I would feel living and working in a conservative, heavily Mormon area such as Salt Lake   Answer Question

The salary was very competitive but I preferred to stay in the industry I'd been working in