Hexcel

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Production Supervisor Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hexcel in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial contact: Contacted Hexcel recruiter directly about the Production Supervisor position who stated that he wasn't the recruiter for that area. That recruiter immediately sent application information over to the correct recruiter for the area. That recruiter reached out within a day to schedule a phone interview, which was conducted within a weeks time.

Phone interview: Consisted of questions focused primarily on work experience (i.e. "describe what you did...", "are you familiar with...", etc.) Also the usual "where do you see yourself in five years" and similar questions were thrown in. Since this location works a DuPont schedule, person must be okay with that. All in all, simple interview, primarily just need to be able to answer questions derived from resume. Following the interview, the recruiter stated that she would know within two days whether an on-site, follow-up interview would be conducted. Two days later she called and stated that a follow-up would be scheduled on-site. Appropriate information for the follow-up was sent via email.

On-site interview: Arrival at location was followed with wait at guard shack while someone made their way out to act as an escort into the complex. Found that two of the original four scheduled interviewers had someone else sent in their stead and fourth person simply wasn't present. Interview session was conducted in a group setting. Questions were very similar to phone interview with a few derivatives.

Current Status: After nearly a month following a good on-site interview, no communication has been relayed regarding hiring status - despite efforts on my part to reach out to the appropriate parties.

Interview Question – No questions were posed that were particularly technical or difficult   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Design Engineer
Kent, WA

I applied online - interviewed at Hexcel in June 2013.

Interview Details – Almost act as if they don't want you to work there. Seem to question you in doubt

Interview Question – college style engineering test. if you've been out of school for some time, study up!   Answer Question

Engineering Inern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hexcel.

Interview Details – I applied though my university's career center. They first did a phone screening and asked me some basic questions about my resume, why I was interested in the position, and if I had any questions. I was then invited for an on-sight interview where I was interviewed by a panel of Process Engineers and the HR Manager.

Interview Question – When was a time you did not succeed as expected? How did you react the this situation?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Hourly Pay.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
West Valley, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hexcel in November 2011.

Interview Details – They flew me out for an onsite interview after a phone interview with the corporate recruiter and then the onsite staff. I interviewed with the engineering manager and then the plant manager.

Interview Question – How would you solve this problem on our manufacturing process?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Timing

Engineer Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Hexcel in December 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR followed by an on site interview shortly after. The on site was half a day meeting with two HR people, and two multi-person interviews. They took a week or so longer making an offer than the planned but it was still a quick decision process.

Interview Question – One of the HR people frankly asked me how I would feel living and working in a conservative, heavily Mormon area such as Salt Lake   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The salary was very competitive but I preferred to stay in the industry I'd been working in

Business Research Analyst Interview

I interviewed at Hexcel in August 2012.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview with standards questions about resume that was easy. Got positive feedback and was told I would hear from them soon. I heard nothing for a month without any updates to my application status. I finally got in touch with them and they had already selected another candidate without ever telling me.

Interview Question – Nothing, stand questions about resume.   Answer Question

Process Associate Interview

Process Associate
West Valley City, UT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hexcel in June 2010.

Interview Details – fill out app. Have someone who currently works there hand it in for you. Panel interview. Easy and straight forward about 20 min.

Interview Question – tell how you have succeeded working in a team situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not any negotiations. I signed with the union

Product Manager Interview

Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hexcel in November 2012.

Interview Details – 2 interviews, one on campus the other one was on site. No technical questions, mostly situation and behavior questions

Interview Question – What ethical dilemma you approach recently and what were the outcomes of it?   Answer Question

Contract Recruiter Interview

Duxford, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hexcel in May 2013.

Interview Details – The recruitment process started off positively. I had two telephone interviews with the hiring manager and a member of resourcng team in the US, so I was pleased to be called for an f2f interview at the UK Head Office in Duxford. It was a long journey for me (around 7-hours in total plus a night away at my own expense) but given the role I was interviewing for was an initial 3-month contract position, accommodated an element of home working (so location wasn't an issue for either party), and the company was a good fit with my background, I felt it was definitely worth the investment of my time.
I interviewed with two different people (the hiring manager who I spoke with initially over the phone and a member of the HR team). Early on in the interview the subject of my location came up. I stressed again that it wouldn't be an issue and felt assured when the hiring manager told me that the team worked remotely in the US. After nearly 3-hours of interviews, I was told that a decision would be made early the following week (I interviewed on Wednesday). I accepted the time scales and made may way home.
Five days after the interview, with the promised deadline passed, I emailed the hiring manager to ask for an update (at this point I wasn't feeling confident about the outcome, but felt the feedback would be useful). After 3-days awaiting for a response, I contacted the HR representative whom I had met. She was friendly and apologetic, but told me she was unaware of the outcome of the interview and the hiring manager was responsible making a decision. After two weeks of complete silence, I received a call from the hiring manager to tell me that I had been unsuccessful (I had given up all hope of an offer by this time, so I would have been surprised if they had called with different news) with the main reason being my location!
I feel my candidate experience with Hexcel was a poor one and the feedback I was given was subjective and inconsistent with what had been discussed in the interview. However, mostly I feel disappointed by the lack of consideration and courtesy that was shown in communicating the outcome. The hiring manager talked about the importance of delivering best practice in the interview, but they obviously don't work by their own rules. I appreciate it can be near impossible to contact all applicants personally in a selection process, however I feel on the merit that an interview is deemed to be a 'two-way street', it is plain rude not feedback or at least communicate within an agreed time scale. In my opinion, it does not reflect well on the individual as a people manager, nor on the operating practice of Hexcel as a company.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hexcel? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hexcel interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hexcel employees and interview candidates.