Hibbett Sports Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2015
Updated Feb 12, 2015

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Very simple interview process. Store manager called to set up an on-site interview. Came in for an interview for the sales associate position but after the interview was over the store manger offered the assistant manager position. Interviewer asked simple questions; customer service experience, "What would you do" questions, educational background and work experience.

Rookie/Team Player Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hibbett Sports.

Interview

It took 2 weeks from the time I put the app in to get a phone call and then after I interviewed it took another two weeks to get an offer.The interview process was simple. They do not ask hard questions. On the net you can find all the questions they ask it's pretty much the top 10 interview questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Little Rock, AR) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Answered questions about my experience, education, etc. He took a lot of notes, and since the store was busy we were interrupted frequently by employees with questions. My application was passed up to interview for assistant manager, but the district manager conducts those interviews and she hasn't visited the store yet. The hiring process for management positions would benefit by being streamlined.

Team Player Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hibbett Sports in May 2014.

Interview

Have a list of basic questions they ask you. Where do you see yourself in 10 years? Whats your biggest weakness? Are you able to work full time or part time? (even though they only offer part time) Do you ever see yourself moving up to a management position?

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult or unexpected, all basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation allowed.

Assistant Coach Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hibbett Sports in May 2014.

Interview

I was in a panel interview, there was just one interview and they hired me as a Team Player and later called me and asked me if I wanted to be an assistant manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You either take what they offer, or they won't hire you.

Night Manager D C Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hibbett Sports.

Interview

Got a call in for an interview, they needed a manager quickly so the whole process took less than three weeks, interviewed with one person and got the offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hibbett Sports (Corinth, MS) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process wasn't bad. I answered the manager honestly. The application, however, was very long and repetitive.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was fairly simple. I explained that I was a student, and the manager was more than happy to work with my busy schedule.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hibbett Sports (LaFayette, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied to Hibbett Sports and I called literally everyday. About 3 months later I got a phone call finally for an interview. I went in for my interview, and the hiring manager made small conversation, only asked me 2 questions and the rest were small talk. He said he would call me in a few days, and let me know when I should start, and it has now been a month, and he said numerous times that I had the job, but then they started saying they only have one more interview left, and I mind you, it has now been a month since I have had my interview. I am highly disappointed in the management team at my local Hibbett Sports.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Hibbett Sports.   1 Answer

Because I was highly upset with they hiring process, and was not wanting to be a part of that misleading team.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Questions were not broad enough,manager did not seem comfortable with interviewing. Manager was interrupted throughout my interview and did not seem focused on my responses. Did not tell me when they would be filling this position or information about the company itself. No information on scheduling or pay scale, but I did ask and got the info that I was looking for. I know this is a great place to work, because I know several people who work or have worked for this company. Maybe manager was just having an off day, I understand that we all do.

Interview Questions

Pay scale wasn't what I needed.

Head Coach Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hibbett Sports.

Interview

1st interview tries to disqulify the applicant, phonne screening, and 2nd interview tries to qualify the applicant/

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase. Take it or leave it.