Hibbett Sports

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

Interviewed at Hibbett Sports

Interview Details – Very simple interview process. Store manager called to set up an on-site interview. Came in for an interview for the sales associate position but after the interview was over the store manger offered the assistant manager position. Interviewer asked simple questions; customer service experience, "What would you do" questions, educational background and work experience.

Rookie/Team Player Interview

Rookie/Team Player

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hibbett Sports.

Interview Details – It took 2 weeks from the time I put the app in to get a phone call and then after I interviewed it took another two weeks to get an offer.The interview process was simple. They do not ask hard questions. On the net you can find all the questions they ask it's pretty much the top 10 interview questions.

Interview Question – Easy and basic questions.   Answer Question

Corinth, MS

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hibbett Sports in February 2014.

Interview Details – The interview process wasn't bad. I answered the manager honestly. The application, however, was very long and repetitive.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was fairly simple. I explained that I was a student, and the manager was more than happy to work with my busy schedule.

Night Manager D C Interview

Night Manager D C

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hibbett Sports.

Interview Details – Got a call in for an interview, they needed a manager quickly so the whole process took less than three weeks, interviewed with one person and got the offer.

Interview Question – Nothing really unexpected   Answer Question

LaFayette, GA

I applied online - interviewed at Hibbett Sports in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied to Hibbett Sports and I called literally everyday. About 3 months later I got a phone call finally for an interview. I went in for my interview, and the hiring manager made small conversation, only asked me 2 questions and the rest were small talk. He said he would call me in a few days, and let me know when I should start, and it has now been a month, and he said numerous times that I had the job, but then they started saying they only have one more interview left, and I mind you, it has now been a month since I have had my interview. I am highly disappointed in the management team at my local Hibbett Sports.

Interview Question – Why do I want to work for Hibbett Sports.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Because I was highly upset with they hiring process, and was not wanting to be a part of that misleading team.

Interviewed at Hibbett Sports

Interview Details – Questions were not broad enough,manager did not seem comfortable with interviewing. Manager was interrupted throughout my interview and did not seem focused on my responses. Did not tell me when they would be filling this position or information about the company itself. No information on scheduling or pay scale, but I did ask and got the info that I was looking for. I know this is a great place to work, because I know several people who work or have worked for this company. Maybe manager was just having an off day, I understand that we all do.

Interview Question – Role play questions.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay scale wasn't what I needed.

Team Player Interview

Team Player

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hibbett Sports in July 2011.

Interview Details – The Questions are very easy to answer go in with the intent thinking you have the best shot getting the job

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – very easy basic

Head Coach Interview

Head Coach

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hibbett Sports.

Interview Details – 1st interview tries to disqulify the applicant, phonne screening, and 2nd interview tries to qualify the applicant/

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. Take it or leave it.

Enterprise, AL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hibbett Sports in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online for Sales Associate position. I was called about a week later by the store manager for an interview. The interview was about 15 minutes long. It was a very layed back interview. She asked me about eight standard interview questions that she had written down on a tablet.The questions were very easy.At the end of the interview she told me that she had one more that day with another applicant. She also had two the following day. She told me that so far I was at the top of her list and she would call the next day to let me know if I had gotten the job. She never called.I think that I did well but my credit played a part in the hiring process.The manager was really nice and she made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Washington, MO

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hibbett Sports in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was extremely prepared and felt really confident. I walked away knowing that I was going to get a second call.

Interview Question – I wish I had prepared a better offer with a base salary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because I'm a fool.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hibbett Sports

Worked for Hibbett Sports? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hibbett Sports interview questions and advice. All 27 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hibbett Sports employees and interview candidates.