Hibbett Sports

1.3

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

I applied online – interviewed at Hibbett Sports in June 2014.

Pretty straight forward. Answered questions about my experience, education, etc. He took a lot of notes, and since the store was busy we were interrupted frequently by employees with questions. My application was passed up to interview for assistant manager, but the district manager conducts those interviews and she hasn't visited the store yet. The hiring process for management positions would benefit by being streamlined.

Other Interview Reviews for Hibbett Sports

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corinth, MS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corinth, MS

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hibbett Sports in February 2014.

The interview process wasn't bad. I answered the manager honestly. The application, however, was very long and repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions for me.   Answer Question
    It was fairly simple. I explained that I was a student, and the manager was more than happy to work with my busy schedule.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in LaFayette, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in LaFayette, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Hibbett Sports in December 2013.

I applied to Hibbett Sports and I called literally everyday. About 3 months later I got a phone call finally for an interview. I went in for my interview, and the hiring manager made small conversation, only asked me 2 questions and the rest were small talk. He said he would call me in a few days, and let me know when I should start, and it has now been a month, and he said numerous times that I had the job, but then they started saying they only have one more interview left, and I mind you, it has now been a month since I have had my interview. I am highly disappointed in the management team at my local Hibbett Sports.

Interview Questions
    • Why do I want to work for Hibbett Sports.   View Answer

Because I was highly upset with they hiring process, and was not wanting to be a part of that misleading team.

Sales Associate Interview

Questions were not broad enough,manager did not seem comfortable with interviewing. Manager was interrupted throughout my interview and did not seem focused on my responses. Did not tell me when they would be filling this position or information about the company itself. No information on scheduling or pay scale, but I did ask and got the info that I was looking for. I know this is a great place to work, because I know several people who work or have worked for this company. Maybe manager was just having an off day, I understand that we all do.

Interview Questions

Pay scale wasn't what I needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enterprise, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enterprise, AL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hibbett Sports in March 2013.

Applied online for Sales Associate position. I was called about a week later by the store manager for an interview. The interview was about 15 minutes long. It was a very layed back interview. She asked me about eight standard interview questions that she had written down on a tablet.The questions were very easy.At the end of the interview she told me that she had one more that day with another applicant. She also had two the following day. She told me that so far I was at the top of her list and she would call the next day to let me know if I had gotten the job. She never called.I think that I did well but my credit played a part in the hiring process.The manager was really nice and she made me feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hibbett Sports in November 2011.

I applied online and within a week I was called in for an interview. When I got there the manager took me to the back breakroom and it was a very chill and laid back interview. Basic questions like what do you like about retail and questions about how you interact with other people. After the interview he had me do a survey over the phone. When I finished he told me he would give me a call to set up the second interview. Well about a week and a half went by and I received a packet in the mail saying I was declined the job due to my consumer report which was all listed in the packet. Because of medical bills and school loans I didn't receive the job. I was a little disappointed because I really wanted to work there, but I feel that they should have at least told me that they do that process because I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to work there! I'm cool with the theire decision though because I a college graduate and that $8 an hour job wouldn't compare to my $25 an hour job now. Overall very easy process & a great company. I just didn't like how they seemed to do the consumer credit check behind my back. Oh well....

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer were to get angry?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer wanted something that we didn't have in stock?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Hibbett Sports in June 2011.

application by e mail is a plus. You can apply up to 3 different locations with one online application.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you a better salesperson than my next applicant?   View Answer
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   View Answer

overall pay for work expected was that of a high school student looking for spending money

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orangeburg, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orangeburg, SC

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hibbett Sports in May 2009.

Very laid back. Just simple behavorial questions

Interview Questions
    They were firm with the salasry they offered.

Sales Associate Interview

In person interview then phone interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hibbett Sports in June 2009.

Took part in a one on one interview and completed a personality test

Interview Questions
    • What do you find enjoyable about you retail experience?   Answer Question