Hibbett Sports Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

1.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stillwater, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hibbett Sports (Stillwater, OK).

Interview

Extremely laid back. A great environment to really get to know someone. Simple questions about sports knowledge and sales approach. The head coach performed the interview, we chatted for a few minutes, and got to know each orher.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Hibbett Sports

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hibbett Sports (Little Rock, AR) in June 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Answered questions about my experience, education, etc. He took a lot of notes, and since the store was busy we were interrupted frequently by employees with questions. My application was passed up to interview for assistant manager, but the district manager conducts those interviews and she hasn't visited the store yet. The hiring process for management positions would benefit by being streamlined.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corinth, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hibbett Sports (Corinth, MS) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process wasn't bad. I answered the manager honestly. The application, however, was very long and repetitive.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was fairly simple. I explained that I was a student, and the manager was more than happy to work with my busy schedule.

Anonymous Employee in LaFayette, GA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hibbett Sports (LaFayette, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied to Hibbett Sports and I called literally everyday. About 3 months later I got a phone call finally for an interview. I went in for my interview, and the hiring manager made small conversation, only asked me 2 questions and the rest were small talk. He said he would call me in a few days, and let me know when I should start, and it has now been a month, and he said numerous times that I had the job, but then they started saying they only have one more interview left, and I mind you, it has now been a month since I have had my interview. I am highly disappointed in the management team at my local Hibbett Sports.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Hibbett Sports.   1 Answer

Because I was highly upset with they hiring process, and was not wanting to be a part of that misleading team.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Questions were not broad enough,manager did not seem comfortable with interviewing. Manager was interrupted throughout my interview and did not seem focused on my responses. Did not tell me when they would be filling this position or information about the company itself. No information on scheduling or pay scale, but I did ask and got the info that I was looking for. I know this is a great place to work, because I know several people who work or have worked for this company. Maybe manager was just having an off day, I understand that we all do.

Interview Questions

Pay scale wasn't what I needed.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hibbett Sports in August 2013.

Interview

After getting a call back after a couple days of applying, I decided to go in for the the interview. I went into the back room with the assistant manager. Talked about experience in retail. Did not interview with the store manager. They asked about what sports I was knowledgeable in.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multiple projects that need to be completed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Enterprise, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hibbett Sports (Enterprise, AL) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied online for Sales Associate position. I was called about a week later by the store manager for an interview. The interview was about 15 minutes long. It was a very layed back interview. She asked me about eight standard interview questions that she had written down on a tablet.The questions were very easy.At the end of the interview she told me that she had one more that day with another applicant. She also had two the following day. She told me that so far I was at the top of her list and she would call the next day to let me know if I had gotten the job. She never called.I think that I did well but my credit played a part in the hiring process.The manager was really nice and she made me feel comfortable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hibbett Sports (Troy, MO) in September 2012.

Interview

Interview was basic questions, give me a time you didn't agree with another employee, explain the situation and how you resolved it, your best trait, your worst trait, ect, went in for a sales job was hired at my interview for an assistant manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me the pay and that there was no negotiations

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hibbett Sports (Durham, NC) in November 2011.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I was called in for an interview. When I got there the manager took me to the back breakroom and it was a very chill and laid back interview. Basic questions like what do you like about retail and questions about how you interact with other people. After the interview he had me do a survey over the phone. When I finished he told me he would give me a call to set up the second interview. Well about a week and a half went by and I received a packet in the mail saying I was declined the job due to my consumer report which was all listed in the packet. Because of medical bills and school loans I didn't receive the job. I was a little disappointed because I really wanted to work there, but I feel that they should have at least told me that they do that process because I wouldn't have wasted my time trying to work there! I'm cool with the theire decision though because I a college graduate and that $8 an hour job wouldn't compare to my $25 an hour job now. Overall very easy process & a great company. I just didn't like how they seemed to do the consumer credit check behind my back. Oh well....

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer were to get angry?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if a customer wanted something that we didn't have in stock?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, GA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hibbett Sports (Dallas, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

application by e mail is a plus. You can apply up to 3 different locations with one online application.

Interview Questions

• What makes you a better salesperson than my next applicant?   1 Answer
    • Do you have reliable transportation?   1 Answer

overall pay for work expected was that of a high school student looking for spending money