Hickory Farms Interview Questions

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Hickory Farms in November 2011.

I was interviewed by phone from the Headway Employment organization. They had seen that I had over 10 years in retail sales and management experience, and asked me pertinent questions about sales and customer service. It was an easy interview, and I knew the position was one that would be right for me.

Interview Questions
    • It was just a comment...dealing with my maturity (age, basically) wherein they simply (not
      offensively) mentioned that this position was ideal for a person of a certain achieved "maturity".
        View Answer
    No...the pay was basically set the first year...and went up a dollar per hour for the second season.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Hickory Farms in October 2013.

simple process, applied online and got a phone call within the first two days. nothing unexpected in the process.

Interview Questions
    • are you familiar with hickory farms?, if yes what are your favorite products and what pairs best with the other?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

The process is a joke! You interview with Regional Manager, then with Regional Area Supervisor, which is backwards, and then you are hired through a 3rd party company- Headway Workforce Solutions. You will go through a phone interview, a video interview, and then a face-to-face interview. Then you will be offered a position via phone call if you pass through all this.

Interview Questions
    • Will you uphold our core values, including Integrity, Accountability, etc.. And these are values you will NEVER see exampled by anyone in upper management!   View Answer
    Here's the job at $x an hour, do you accept?

Store Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Hickory Farms.

Met with the RM at her other place of employment. We spent some time discussing about the job and the people I might be working with. We went over some of details for the type of work I would be doing as a STL. I was given this job through word of mouth.

Seasonal Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Hickory Farms.

Over the phone process I did fill out a application online and was called the same day to set up an interview. It was on a Sunday but I just did the interview over the phone. My employer was super friendly and laid back so it did make the process enjoyable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mary Esther, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mary Esther, FL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hickory Farms in April 2012.

I got emailed and told to come in at 10:00 am for an interview. I arrived, the manager talked about what I would be doing, and I was hired. No interview questions at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hickory Farms in October 2012.

Interviewed with the manager of the mall kiosk (whose title was Retail Sales Associate Team Leader) at the food court of the mall. Very easygoing interview. This seemed to be a look you over meeting, as you would be interacting with the public. Simple questions as to reliable transportation, ability to stand for 12 hours, ability to operate a cash register, willingness to comply with food service regulations (hair must be covered, gloves worn.)
    Interview lasted less than 20 minutes. Online employee registration information given to finish at home.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. This is the job, this is the salary.

Sales Team Leader Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Hickory Farms in November 2012.

I wouldn't call the poor excuse for a meeting, let alone, interview an interview at all. This entire company is ass-backwards. Personally, I was seemingly hired on a whim, and really rushed into a job that, in the end, had no merit whatsoever on my life. I wouldn't even recommend even getting to the interview process portion of any relationship with Hickory Farms. At best, MAYBE eat their food, but I would only say eat it in the form of a free sample, because paying for anything they sell is outrageous.

Interview Questions
    • There literally were no questions asked of me. My resume was read, they told me I was hired, then hurried me into an apron.   Answer Question
    Nothing was said about the compensation, until after the job was acquired.

Retail Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hickory Farms in September 2012.

applied online through Headway recruiting. Was called within one week to conduct phone interview with Headway representative. Questions more behavioral than about my background and experience. Was thebpn called by Reginal Manager within a week for a basic phone screen. We then met in person for a brief face-to - face interview. I had the feeling it was more to check that I was presentable and personable.

Interview Questions
    • None. I did google "most asked interview behavioral questions" or something like that, and thought about potential experiences that might help me during the interview. I was thoroughly prepared, and it showed.   Answer Question
    Salary was stated up front, and I did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cherry Valley, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Valley, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hickory Farms in November 2010.

Applied online, sent my resume in an email, got a call later asking a few questions about pay and hours and was told about the dress code. Was offered the job and asked to come in to help set up the kiosk.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to follow the dress code of a white dress shirt and black dress pants?   View Answer

Worked for Hickory Farms? Contribute to the Community!