Hickory Farms

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

I applied online – interviewed at Hickory Farms in October 2014.

I applied online for the sales associate position and a week later the manager called me and we set an interview date. It was a pretty easy interview with the manager ( who was late for the interview). after the interview I got offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • All of them! Kidding. She ask me topical interview question like tell me about yourself, my experiences, and why i want to a job at hickory farms. etc.. I got offered the job on the spot.   Answer Question
    I got offered the job on the spot. There was no negotiating.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hickory Farms in October 2014.

Hickory Farms was having open interviews at the Orange Mall. I attended and I filled out a quick application, mostly asking the days and times I was available. There were three different managers there. They asked me why I wanted the job, what would make me a good candidate, etc. I was told to check my email that same night and was told if I received an email to go through their online training as quickly as I could. I did later get the email, and I started work two days later!

Interview Questions
    • They asked me to pretend to sell a pen to them, and I did horrible with that, but I was still hired!   Answer Question

Store Team Leader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hickory Farms.

Met with the RM at her other place of employment. We spent some time discussing about the job and the people I might be working with. We went over some of details for the type of work I would be doing as a STL. I was given this job through word of mouth.

Sales Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MO

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hickory Farms in October 2013.

The process is a joke! You interview with Regional Manager, then with Regional Area Supervisor, which is backwards, and then you are hired through a 3rd party company- Headway Workforce Solutions. You will go through a phone interview, a video interview, and then a face-to-face interview. Then you will be offered a position via phone call if you pass through all this.

Interview Questions
    • Will you uphold our core values, including Integrity, Accountability, etc.. And these are values you will NEVER see exampled by anyone in upper management!   View Answer
    Here's the job at $x an hour, do you accept?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesa, AZ

simple process, applied online and got a phone call within the first two days. nothing unexpected in the process.

Interview Questions
    • are you familiar with hickory farms?, if yes what are your favorite products and what pairs best with the other?   View Answer

Seasonal Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Hickory Farms.

Over the phone process I did fill out a application online and was called the same day to set up an interview. It was on a Sunday but I just did the interview over the phone. My employer was super friendly and laid back so it did make the process enjoyable.

Sales Team Leader Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hickory Farms in November 2012.

I wouldn't call the poor excuse for a meeting, let alone, interview an interview at all. This entire company is ass-backwards. Personally, I was seemingly hired on a whim, and really rushed into a job that, in the end, had no merit whatsoever on my life. I wouldn't even recommend even getting to the interview process portion of any relationship with Hickory Farms. At best, MAYBE eat their food, but I would only say eat it in the form of a free sample, because paying for anything they sell is outrageous.

Interview Questions
    • There literally were no questions asked of me. My resume was read, they told me I was hired, then hurried me into an apron.   Answer Question
    Nothing was said about the compensation, until after the job was acquired.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hickory Farms in October 2012.

Interviewed with the manager of the mall kiosk (whose title was Retail Sales Associate Team Leader) at the food court of the mall. Very easygoing interview. This seemed to be a look you over meeting, as you would be interacting with the public. Simple questions as to reliable transportation, ability to stand for 12 hours, ability to operate a cash register, willingness to comply with food service regulations (hair must be covered, gloves worn.)
    Interview lasted less than 20 minutes. Online employee registration information given to finish at home.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. This is the job, this is the salary.

Retail Area Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hickory Farms in September 2012.

applied online through Headway recruiting. Was called within one week to conduct phone interview with Headway representative. Questions more behavioral than about my background and experience. Was thebpn called by Reginal Manager within a week for a basic phone screen. We then met in person for a brief face-to - face interview. I had the feeling it was more to check that I was presentable and personable.

Interview Questions
    • None. I did google "most asked interview behavioral questions" or something like that, and thought about potential experiences that might help me during the interview. I was thoroughly prepared, and it showed.   Answer Question
    Salary was stated up front, and I did not negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mary Esther, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mary Esther, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hickory Farms in April 2012.

I got emailed and told to come in at 10:00 am for an interview. I arrived, the manager talked about what I would be doing, and I was hired. No interview questions at all.