High Point University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
High Point, NC

I applied online - interviewed at High Point University in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by e-mail to schedule an on campus interview. I did and found the campus easy to navigate and good parking near the interview building. I participated in a group interview first and then a one-on-one with the department manager.

Interview Question – The questions were mostly based on the fact that I was overqualified for the position. I explained why I was looking for a lower level position, but the questioning continued.   Answer Question

Resident Director Interview

Resident Director

Interviewed at High Point University

Interview Details – I did a phone interview and in person interview

Interview Question – Questions about experience culture, supervision, first responder skills   Answer Question

Dispatcher/Security Interview

Dispatcher/Security

I applied online - interviewed at High Point University in August 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was a simple one. We went through quick testing & answering sections. The interview staff were friendly but firm.

Interview Question – There were no real difficult questions to me they were pretty standard for the department.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Security Interview

Security
High Point, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at High Point University in May 2010.

Interview Details – very long and drawn out

Interview Question – personal questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they just offered a hourly rate

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
High Point, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at High Point University in May 2010.

Interview Details – Went very well. Felt comfortable throughout the process. Just be friendly and do not appear too aggressive. Cover up your tattoos if you have any. If you are a man, no earring.

Interview Question – Why High Point?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Better salary, but it took them a month to get back.

Very Easy Interview

Student Life Interview

Student Life
High Point, NC

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at High Point University in May 2011.

Interview Details – Got asked what animal I would be. Interviewer did not even know anything about position I was applying for.

Interview Question – What animal would you be?   Answer Question

Resident Director Interview

Resident Director
High Point, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at High Point University in August 2011.

Interview Details – My interview was a simple, quick phone interview to see how well I fit with High Point and to see my interest. They asked me questions about why I was applying for this position, how well I could perform the job functions, and about past experiences within previous jobs. It was very simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying to be a Resident Director? How does this fit within your long-term goals?   Answer Question
  • What job functions will you have the most difficulty with?   Answer Question
  • What previous boss did you enjoy working for the most? Why?   Answer Question

Staff Interview

Staff

The process took a day - interviewed at High Point University in March 2011.

Interview Details – I think that every office is different, but I had to talk to everyone who already works here.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for High Point University? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at High Point University interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by High Point University employees and interview candidates.