HighPoint Solutions

www.highpoint-solutions.com

HighPoint Solutions Interview Questions

2.4

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HighPoint Solutions in April 2014.

I was referred by an employee at HighPoint who I had met when he worked for my current company. I had an initial interview with the recruiter, which went well. I provided my salary requirements at that time. Over the next few days I had two phone interviews, which went very well. They asked about my current job, prior experience, etc. Both interviewers told me that I had interviewed well and felt I would be a good fit. Within a few more days, I had dinner with the VP of the practice as well as one of the people I had the phone interview. We discussed the company, the practice, how I would fit in etc. for over three hours. The next day, the recruiter called me to tell me they were very excited about me, but he wanted me to have a phone conversation with the head of recruiting. Again we discussed salary requirements and when I could start. In my final interview, I again discussed my salary requirements and was told that I would be receiving a job offer in the email in the afternoon or the next morning. They even sent me a copy of the Benefits manual.

That was the last time I heard from them. After going through the interview process, I would have at least expected a call to let me know they were no longer interested or the job they had me lined up for didn't pan out.

Since then I have read the reviews on this site and have discussed the company with some colleagues. This experience seems to be representative of how they treat their employees. I'm glad I never received a final offer.

They Did Not Have This Part Figured Out Yet Interview

I was contacted on LInkedIn and had a five minute conversation and decided to proceed with a phone screening as I had very little information at that point and thought hey why not talk to them at least. I was glad that I reviewed the company on this site and elsewhere prior to that.

The phone screener was about 20 minutes late but apologized and I agreed to reschedule the call. During the call, I stated that I had very little information and would like to better understand the position - what is the title, to whom would I be reporting, what are the main duties? The guy just kept talking about the client for whom they need to hire people to work on site. He did not know the title, reporting or even the duties - they were still figuring it out.
    I asked, what happens when the contract ends with the client for this project? He said I would be moved to another client site if there is one (meaning, or laid off) - and I made it very clear from the beginning that I will not relocate.

The whole thing was so disorganized and unprofessional. They somehow get contracts from clients and then try to find the staff..so backwards. I am not going to interview for a job that is not defined in anyway, especially when I already have a steady job.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Norriton, PA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HighPoint Solutions.

Recruiter initiated contact based on my online presence. Initial call to describe needs and determine interest. Follow-up call, approximately 30-45 minutes to discuss my experience and learn about the company. Recruiter was positive and honest, ensuring I understood pros and cons, and helped me to visualize clearly what a future with HighPoint could look like, as well as learning opportunities and the traits of some individuals I would work closely with.

A follow up meeting with two high-ranking members of management was arranged at an informal setting and ended up being more of a "get-to-know-each-other" at a personal level, along with further pitching of HighPoint's positives. There were no direct questions about experience at that point.

To ensure comfort with the company and its leaders, a visit to HQ was arranged and various management met with me to answer questions and describe their experiences. At this point I felt very confident about this company and the alignment of their vision and goals.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing tricky or surprising, just general, respectful discussion of past experience and desires of working at HighPoint.   Answer Question
    If you have the talent, show interest in their mission, and get along well, HighPoint has no trouble paying you fairly, and above. They don't waste time in locking down talent and will put effort into meeting reasonable compensation needs.

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at HighPoint Solutions.

Congenial, the interview process was professional and courteous.

Interview Questions
    Short, most employee contracts are take it or leave it.

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at HighPoint Solutions.

Interviewed for a similar position at 2 separate sites. Interview was with both PM's and BA's at both sites. Hiring process was smoothly. I was told I would be assigned to one project, but was assigned to another project after I was hired. This was disappointing.

Interview Questions
    • The interview questions were very general. I did not find them difficult at all.   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

I got call from recruiter and scheduled for telephonic interview with Hiring manager. Hiring manager didn't call on time and I waited for almost 30 mins. I call back again to reschedule for another time due to some of my pre-scheduled meetings. Interviewer is very rude and unprofessional. He was showing an attitude when i asked him to re-schedule as their interviewer didn't call on time though I waited for 30 mins. He was telling me that they are company and can call at anytime and i should take their call. I highly suggested not to even go for interview with this company.

Project Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at HighPoint Solutions.

Very quick and unorganized. Definate sign to keep away from this group

Interview Questions
    • The interview process was so poor. I sat and listen to the interviewers life history   Answer Question
    Nightmare. They rush you through the process...Interview, BackGround Check and Drug Screen. then present you with a one sided contract that protect them and leave you out to dry. My recommendation is not to waist the time to interview with these people. They wont care about you and they will use you

Coding Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florida, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at HighPoint Solutions in February 2013.

They demanded that I meet with a stranger in the middle of the night on the corner of NYC. This is unusual and unprofessional. The NYC area of meeting was a high crime area, prostitutes hang out, and unlit area. Skype. Once they found out I was a person of color they recinder the letter of offer.

Interview Questions
    • are you married, single. do you have children and what is your nationality.   Answer Question
    Once they found out I was a person of color they recinder the letter of offer.

Technical PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Norriton, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at HighPoint Solutions in September 2012.

I had three rounds during interview process: phone screen with recruiter, phone screen with program manager, personal face-to-face with program manager and VP of Operations/solution. Average, generic questions. Nothing personal, looking for the 'resource' to help failing project.

Junior .NET Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at HighPoint Solutions.

The interview consisted of regular questions about experience etc. It was not challenging in terms of technical questions - I remember I was asked questions such as "what is validation", so these are definitely basics, even for people applying for entry level position that I applied for. During my interview process I talked to talent aquisition manager and one of the dev team managers - both conversations were conducted in a friendly, or even laid-back atmosphere - nothing to be worried about if you are a reasonable person yourself.

They were not willing to negotiate