Higher One

Updated Feb 2, 2015
Updated Feb 2, 2015

2.2

Public Relations Interview

I started the interview process with a phone interview. The interview felt very impersonal and almost like she was just reading questions off a paper and writing my responses down, which I understand but she almost reminded me of a robot. The second part was an in-person interview at the office. I was impressed with the feeling of the office and the effort the employees put forth to make it known that I was there. I was greeted and offered refreshments. I then proceeded to have a meeting with five employees. We went through all the typical interview questions and I felt great about how things were going. I then waited 20 minutes to have a one-on-one interview with a higher executive of the company. She was very personal and made me confident in what I had to offer. I was sure that the position was mine. Turned out I ended up being one of the top three candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, I felt that all of their questions were fair.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Higher One in October 2014.

Applied on line. Received email the next day asking to schedule an interview. Interviewer called on time. He was very pleasant. General discussion. Said they would be back with me in the next few days. Received an email the next day saying they had chosen some one else.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions. Just wanting to see if you had the right equipment to do the job and your social skills on the phone.   Answer Question

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Higher One.

After applying online. I got an email with a few question to fill out and for me to pick a time for a phone interview. I received a phone call, he asked me a few question about my background and customer service experience. I was offered the job on the spot just had to pass a background check.

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Higher One.

The best intervierwer , fast company, keeps up with everything as promised. Thye are really the best you can ask for. Very smooth interview, extremely professional. I would recommend to anybody.

I did not negotiate. Good pay.

Seasonal Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Higher One in August 2014.

Submitted application online through the Hire One website, someone called and set up an interview date. Got a call on that date and they asked me a series of standard interview questions, they forwarded my information to HR who then called me with an offer, I then received some information via email and did all of my HR paperwork via e signature.

No salary negotiation.

Senior Manager Interview

Quick reply from internal HR when I submitted my resume which was great. Set up phone screen and that was friendly, if a bit "rote." Seemed like I was being screened by someone who really had no true business idea about the role I would be in/the functional background that it provided. More of a checklist. Overall it wasn't to strenuous or inspiring.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Again, just a checklist of items that interviewer seemed to need to cover.   Answer Question

Home Based Customer Care Agent Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Higher One in June 2013.

I applied for the job online and a few days later was called to set up phone interview. After phone interview, I was offered a position. I had to complete appropriate paper work and training started in August.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

N/A Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Higher One.

This was quite possibly the most unprofessional interview process I have ever experienced.

The first time I applied at HigherOne I had a phone interview, the following day I was asked to set up an in person interview for that week. When I asked if I could come in 5pm (or later) or next week because I currently have a job and cannot take off (it was the holiday season so a number of people were already out where I work), I was told to forget the entire process because managers only work until 5pm (must be nice to be salary and not work past 5pm!). Apparently, having a good work ethic isn't important if it benefits the place you are currently working for.

If that experience wasn't bad enough, I applied for another position. This time, I had two phone interviews and had to rush to take days off work for MULTIPLE in person interviews. My last interview was with one of the founders of the company (no pressure!) AND I was told it was "just a formality"; they even sent me their benefits package information...and then? WEEKS of being jerked around...now the company was looking to create a position. Then, more waiting and updates stating "We will know more -insert date-". Finally I get the call...the position wasn't created and apparently the job I originally applied for and went on my "just a formality" 5th interview for wasn't on the table anymore either.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Higher One in February 2012.

THe interview was very personal with executives and their reports. It was obvious the culture is relaxed and a great deal of focus on individual personalities is appreciated. There were opportunitis to discuss the company and the offerings with different individuals to gain a good understanding of the company's position in the market.

Interview Questions
    • Are you comfortable working ina very casual atmosphere.   Answer Question

Customer Care Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Higher One in June 2010.

I received a call and was interviewed the next day.

Interview Questions
    • What is an example of when you gave a customer excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    no negotiation for this position