Highgate Hotels

Relevance Date Difficulty

Clerk Interview

Clerk

Interviewed at Highgate Hotels

Interview Details – To Long it took 6 weeks, several phone calls and call backs for a next to minimum wage Job. Human resource department was horrible took way to long. and came to find out they desperately needed a worker at the time.. After weeks it was disheartening and kept putting me in a deeper and deeper financial hole. because I was already out of work for a bit. When the job market improves and it will, it will be hard for them to find anyone that will hold out that long.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – easy

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Highgate Hotels.

Interview Details – Thorough interview process which included several levels in the organization. I spoke with 6 individuals as part of the interviewing process. I noted that Highgate was very thorough in their selection of talent and want to insure the right fit for the position.

Convention Services Manager Interview

Convention Services Manager
Boston, MA

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Highgate Hotels in January 2011.

Interview Details – This was an internal promotion. HR offered me less than they informed my director they would be offering me. Even still, the property (65k sq feet of meeting space) offered me a salary comparable to a hotel across the street with less thank 10k sq ft meeting space. Absolutely insulting

Negotiation Details – I made them aware that the salary was unacceptable to me and that I would accept and look for a new position with a reasonable salary - which I did and quickly left

Very Difficult Interview

Director of Sales and Marketing Interview

Director of Sales and Marketing
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Highgate Hotels.

Interview Details – 14 plus interviews over 3 states with both knowledgeable and in knowledgeable people. Overall time to offer took 4 months. In the end,
not willing to negotiate salary, bonus and vacation so this will take a bit of work on your side

Interview Question – What make you lifestyle   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Limited negotiation. Note- they "promise" to "take care of you". Get it in writing to protect yourself from their high turnover.

Corporate Sales/Marketing Interview

Corporate Sales/Marketing

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Highgate Hotels.

Interview Details – This was an on-campus recruiting event, and the recruiter had a very unique hiring/interview process. We submitted our resumes, and received text messages later that night to have breakfast/dinner with the recruiters the next day. It was a very casual/relaxed interview process, and asked typical behavioral questions.

Front Office Manager Interview

Front Office Manager
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Highgate Hotels in February 2009.

Interview Details – E-mailed the General Manager directly and then was asked to apply online through their portal. I initially applied for a Sales Manager position which was filled at the moment but they wanted to interview me anyway.

After meeting with the General Manager and Director of Human resources, it took them one week to ask me consent for employment back ground check and then almost four weeks to get an offer.

After hired, you understand why they take so long in the hiring process which is basically to save money and lack of organization.

Interview Question – No difficult questions, just very specific ones regarding the job and the brand you are applying for.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Highgate Hotels in May 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed with 3 members of the executive team and 1 Financial Analyst in my first round interview. Two weeks later, I was contacted for a 2nd round interview with the COO and three other executive team members. I received an offer that night to start the next Monday. It was a very smooth and quick process.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. Most questions were behavioral to determine whether I'd be a good fit.   Answer Question

Accounting Intern Interview

Accounting Intern
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Highgate Hotels in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was mostly informal, interviewer gave overview of position and asked about what I was looking for and my interests, no difficult questions, did not require a lot of preparation. After the interview, it took awhile to hear back even after following up with the company. I actually did not receive an offer for about a month after the interview, with no word from them in the meantime.

Interview Question – What other positions are you interested in?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant
Irving, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Highgate Hotels in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process was almost painful. Four hour interview for an admin position; a bit over the top. Company seems to be entirely too consumed with paperwork and approval process; I was he 12th person to interview for the position which I was over qualified for. During the interview it was made clear I may "be bored with the position, as I am overqualified". Job offer came 2 days later; but not for the job I interviewed for; offered me a receptionist position at half the salary as I "didn't quite have the qualifications they were looking for".

Interview Question – Will you blow up balloos if asked to do so?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – In 48 hours I went from over qualified to not qualified. Absolutely insulted & declind the offer.

Worked for Highgate Hotels? Contribute to the Community!