Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

19 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield in July 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview scheduled with Hiring Manager and team lead. Then scheduled a face-face interview with department. Interview process was rigorous. Applied through a recruiting company and my resume got selected as had strong healthcare background.

Interview Question – Why do want to work for highmark?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

IT Project Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by the person who would become one of my managers in a matrixed environment. he did not work in the business area, bit for the PMO and had no understanding of my specialty. I was also interviewed by a person who would be my peer who also had no understanding of my specialty. I never met managers in my area until after I was hired.

The questions are all around PMO and project management best practices. If you passed your PMI, you won't have a problem.

Interview Question – There really weren't surprise questions, but they did ask about Agile.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You will need to negotiate with your consulting company and don't accept their first offer.

Very Easy Interview

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Interview Details – The interview process was rushed and very unprofessional, I had two phone interviews with my hiring manager and one with a Program Manager onsite in the cafeteria. Both the Manager and Program Manager practically were begging me to come on board. They asked minimal questions, but did explain Highmark is going through a challenging time and it has its governance problems.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very basic I asked for more money and they gave it to me.

Provider Service Representative Interview

Provider Service Representative
Erie, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield in February 2010.

Interview Details – This company has a long interview process, online, phone, location testing, face to face then job offer normally and it is for a good reason the insurance industry has a lot of ever changing information so after you are hired it's not over because there is a nine week training .

Interview Question – Most difficult is the testing on the computer to see how analytic you are.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase everyone starts out in the same place and must work their way up.

IT Manager Interview

IT Manager
Harrisburg, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield in July 2013.

Interview Details – My interview was with four other IT Managers. The process took place in person with two of the other managers, and two others on the phone. The interview lasted two hours.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a time that I was forced to work without the support needed to accomplish the task, and what steps I took to still be successful.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Camp Hill, PA

I applied online and interviewed at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Interview Details – I applied online. I had to go in and do testing for math aptitude and data entry, and fill out a job application. Then I had an interview with someone in Human Relations; then I had another interview with a supervisor from the Call Center. They have this whole process down to a science, and they are hiring all the time, because they get rid of so many people. When you are in training, you are tested, and if you don't get a certain grade, they get rid of you. Once out on the floor, if you make a lot of mistakes, don't meet production, are not acceptable on the phone, do not fit in- they get rid of you. They actually do spring cleaning where they get rid of a large number of people; because they started classes at the beginning of the year to replace them. So as these people are leaving, more people are coming in. It's a contemptable circle

Interview Question – Why did I want to work for Highmark. I hated that question then, and I hate it now when I go on an interview. I want to work here because I can't find a job anywhere else.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You get what you get and that's it.

Provider Relations Representative Interview

Provider Relations Representative

Interviewed at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield

Interview Details – Screening by outside vendor.

Interview Question – None   View Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Human Resources Business Partner
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Interview Details – Very detailed application. Initial phone screen was conducted by recruiting firm. Interviewed face-to-face in Pittsburgh, PA. Highmark paid for the overnight stay in a nice downtown hotel. Four or five interviews lasted most of the day. Sharp interviewers. The pace of their workday was clearly fast as they were moving from meetings to the interview to more meetings. Behavioral-based interviews. Enjoyed the process.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you were involved in strategic work/problem solving.   Answer Question

Benefit/DLPS Analyst Interview

Benefit/DLPS Analyst
Camp Hill, PA

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield.

Interview Details – Single interview with one individual at the time i was hired. Interviews now are with multiple supervisors.

Interview Question – Thorough knowledge of various benefit products, as well as proven logical thinking, good time management, and organizational skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant - Receiving Interview

Administrative Assistant - Receiving
Columbia, SC

The process took a day - interviewed at Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interviewer told me that he had all younger people working for him and did I think that I could work with younger people? I told him yes. Then he said that he hired on personality, not skill. It was a 10 minute interview and then I was hurried out. I knew it was age discrimination.

Worked for Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield? Contribute to the Community!