Highmark

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.7

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Highmark.

I did an online application, then I received an e-mail to do an online assessment, and personality test, it took about 45min in all. I then received an e-mail to set up an interview. They do a complete background check, and even pull your credit report. Some of my references were very uncomfortable with the questions they were asked. They felt the question were very personal and inappropriate.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty typical, asking what you would do in certain situatiions dealing with different customer sceneries.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Highmark.

Got a phone call for phone interview then 2 weeks later got in person interview. Still waiting for a decision to be made. The process is taking very long to go through.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Highmark in September 2014.

I applied for 2 positions and was contacted via email that I would be interviewing for one of them. I prepared for that interview; however, when I get there, the interviewer tells me that instead of interviewing me for the job that I was contacted, she will be interviewing me for a general analyst position within the company and if I was a good match, I would qualify for round 2. This was not specified in the email by the way.

The interview was strictly behavioral questions. The interviewer herself was not the hiring manager, but simply taking notes and reporting to a higher manager who makes the decisions.

Overall, a very unorganized process.

Associate Benefits Coding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Highmark in September 2014.

Applied online, received an email about 1 week later advising, I was invited to schedule an interview time. I met with one of the supervisors in the coding department. The interview consisted of situational questions. The interviewer was knowledgable about the position. When I asked about the salary range, she had no clue, which was odd. Overall it was professional.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had considered going back to my former employer.   View Answer

Associate Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Highmark in July 2014.

Applied on line. Received invitation to take assessment/skills test. Completed in-person interview. The hiring manager was very nice and knowledgeable about the organization. The questions were pertinent to the duties / hours of the position.

Business Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Highmark.

My interview process was fairly benign as I started as a contractor and was hired full time. Therefore there were no unexpected questions or anything. Depending on the department some interviews can be odd, I've seen some recently done in the fish bowl conference rooms which I would personally find intimidating.

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Highmark.

Very straightforward process. Applied online. After a few days, I received an email telling me that I advanced to the initial assessment. This was a series of questions, mostly behavior related. This only took about 10 min to complete. The next morning, I received and email inviting me to complete a more thorough assessment. This took about 2 hours. It consists of a series of timed tasks so do not begin it until you will have a 2-hour, uninterrupted period of time. Once you start it you cannot pause. It consisted of a typing test and taking a few simulated customer calls. It was OK. If you pass, you will receive another email (allow a day or two) inviting you to schedule an in-person interview.

The interview took about 45 minutes. All behavior questions - STAR format. Interviewer was very nice and explained the position well. I haven't heard back yet. I was not asked to sign off on Background search at this point, so I am not very hopeful for a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time when you had to tell a customer "no".   View Answer

Employee Relations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Highmark in May 2014.

The hiring process was a best experience for me. Communication was great and the interview team was very professional. I was interviewed by the recruiter initially, met with the hiring manager, another employee relations manager, and then met with the vice president of HR. The hiring manager and employee relations manager traveled to meet with me and then I traveled to meet with the vice president of HR. Overall was a great experience and felt respected through the process.

Interview Questions
    • No surprise or unexpected questions. They asked appropriate questions to gage experience and training for the position.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Highmark in May 2014.

One telephone interview for about half an hour set up by a recruiter. Standard interview questions, mostly about previous experience, projects and solutions. A few BA and methodology related questions (RUP). Average difficulty, overall.

Interview Questions
    The consulting firm offered an acceptable rate. Some hassles with the background check, drug screen and other checks... It took some time and a bit of money.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Highmark in April 2014.

Applied online. Received an e-mail a few days later to fill out a behavioral online assessment that took about 30 mins. They present statements about your character and you either agreed or disagreed. Next day I received another e-mail for an additional assessment. This took about 45 mins and they tested you on typing speed, logic problems, and customer service skills. The following day I got an e-mail saying to go to their website to set up a 1:1 interview with them at their headquarters.

The interview was the following week and took place in their cafeteria. It lasted about 45 mins and the interviewer (a manager from a different department who I have not seen since) looked over my resume to verify what she read and to elaborate on other things. She then asked 4 STEM questions ("Tell me a time when you dealt with a customer who was wrong") After that she extensively debriefed me on the position and asked me to read a prepared phone script to her. After that she opened it up for questions. The interview could of taken 30 mins, but with my questions it went an addition 20 - 25 mins.

I received a call from them 2 weeks later with a job offer. Later they e-mailed me the offer they discussed on the phone for me to agree with to in order to move forward in the process. After this they informed me that I had 5 business days to submit a drug test (Their offer was on a Tuesday so I had til next Tuesday to submit one.) Following that was an EXTENSIVE background check into my employment, education, and credit history. This process took about a week because they could not get in contact with one of my two required references.

After I submitted my drug test and my background profile was complete, I was informed within a day I got the job. Training for it started two weeks later

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had to use multiple programs to find an answer   Answer Question
    Non-negotiable