Highmark Interview Questions

Updated Aug 3, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Highmark.

Interview

I was interviewed by 4 Directors before advancing to the Hiring Managers. Interviews were a bit tough to crack - Panel was highly experienced. Process was pretty well streamlined and I was kept well informed the entire time.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They made me an offer I could not bargain on. Was content.

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Highmark.

Interview

Very brief and informal, but personal interview. They wanted to know why I wanted to work at Highmark, what my availability would be like over the summer, and if I was agreeable to the summer internship program with everything that it entailed. The finalization process was long because of the restructuring of the company with a new CEO, and I had to go through a couple of phone screenings to offer references and the like before being able to have my personal interview.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to work from May to August and be available for volunteer work out in the city of Pittsburgh as a requirement for the internship position?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Highmark (Camp Hill, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online received email to set up phone interview with third party screening service. About 4 weeks later emailed to set up an in person interview with Manager, Director, and adjacent BA. One final interview 2 weeks later with VP. Offer given shortly after. Drug Screen, background check and reference check had to be completed.

Actuarial Analyst I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Highmark (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by meeting members of the team face-to-face for an interview. Very comfortable, and great people. I was not asked any curveball questions. They want to get to know me, my skills, and my experience. Every interviewer went through my resume and asked specific questions. It lasted a really long time though, about 4 hours. Thankfully an hour of the interview was having lunch with young employees. The company seems great, and I was bummed not to get an offer. I don't have experience so I believe that really hurt my chances.

Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Highmark.

Interview

A headhunter called me for an initial screening after contacting me via LinkedIn. A week later, I had an interview with my manager/director, then a phone interview with other managers after a few days. I got an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• Describe what you could uniquely add to our team.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much negotiation - I pushed back, but they didn't really respond. The initial offer was high so I didn't mind but thought it was odd.

Associate Applications Developer - Java Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Highmark (Pittsburgh, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

The process began with a phone call from a third party company for quick review of your resume and why you are applying at Highmark. Nothing technical at all, you are just to talk about your resume. The final step is the in person interview at the company offices, interview was not too hard for the associate level, you must know the basics of Java and OOP. there are plenty resources online for common questions learn those and you will be golden. There is a behavioral part of the interview so be prepared to answer some weird hypothetical question about situations you may never encountered (yet)

Interview Questions

• Q1: What access modifies Java provide?   1 Answer
    • Q2: Recall a situation where you have over committed on a task that cause you to not meet your deadlines, how did you deal with the situation and what did you tell your boss and customer?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was not given a window to negotiate, probably because i was applying for an entry level position with no prior experience. but ever situation is different

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Highmark (Camp Hill, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

Process consists of 2 rounds. Initial behavioral round, if cleared, tech round with 2 people.tech interview will be on basic OOP concepts and some managerial questions. Fairly easy interview for strong programming background people.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP questions and questions about previous projects.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Highmark.

Interview

I did an online application, then I received an e-mail to do an online assessment, and personality test, it took about 45min in all. I then received an e-mail to set up an interview. They do a complete background check, and even pull your credit report. Some of my references were very uncomfortable with the questions they were asked. They felt the question were very personal and inappropriate.

Interview Questions

• The questions are pretty typical, asking what you would do in certain situatiions dealing with different customer sceneries.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Highmark.

Interview

Got a phone call for phone interview then 2 weeks later got in person interview. Still waiting for a decision to be made. The process is taking very long to go through.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Highmark (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for 2 positions and was contacted via email that I would be interviewing for one of them. I prepared for that interview; however, when I get there, the interviewer tells me that instead of interviewing me for the job that I was contacted, she will be interviewing me for a general analyst position within the company and if I was a good match, I would qualify for round 2. This was not specified in the email by the way. The interview was strictly behavioral questions. The interviewer herself was not the hiring manager, but simply taking notes and reporting to a higher manager who makes the decisions. Overall, a very unorganized process.