Highmark

27 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Customer Service Representative Interview

Associate Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Highmark in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on line. Received invitation to take assessment/skills test. Completed in-person interview. The hiring manager was very nice and knowledgeable about the organization. The questions were pertinent to the duties / hours of the position.

Interview Question – None of the questions was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Highmark in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online. Received an e-mail a few days later to fill out a behavioral online assessment that took about 30 mins. They present statements about your character and you either agreed or disagreed. Next day I received another e-mail for an additional assessment. This took about 45 mins and they tested you on typing speed, logic problems, and customer service skills. The following day I got an e-mail saying to go to their website to set up a 1:1 interview with them at their headquarters.

The interview was the following week and took place in their cafeteria. It lasted about 45 mins and the interviewer (a manager from a different department who I have not seen since) looked over my resume to verify what she read and to elaborate on other things. She then asked 4 STEM questions ("Tell me a time when you dealt with a customer who was wrong") After that she extensively debriefed me on the position and asked me to read a prepared phone script to her. After that she opened it up for questions. The interview could of taken 30 mins, but with my questions it went an addition 20 - 25 mins.

I received a call from them 2 weeks later with a job offer. Later they e-mailed me the offer they discussed on the phone for me to agree with to in order to move forward in the process. After this they informed me that I had 5 business days to submit a drug test (Their offer was on a Tuesday so I had til next Tuesday to submit one.) Following that was an EXTENSIVE background check into my employment, education, and credit history. This process took about a week because they could not get in contact with one of my two required references.

After I submitted my drug test and my background profile was complete, I was informed within a day I got the job. Training for it started two weeks later

Interview Question – Give an example of a time when you had to use multiple programs to find an answer   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Business Technical Analyst Interview

Business Technical Analyst
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Highmark.

Interview Details – My interview process was fairly benign as I started as a contractor and was hired full time. Therefore there were no unexpected questions or anything. Depending on the department some interviews can be odd, I've seen some recently done in the fish bowl conference rooms which I would personally find intimidating.

Employee Relations Manager Interview

Employee Relations Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Highmark in May 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was a best experience for me. Communication was great and the interview team was very professional. I was interviewed by the recruiter initially, met with the hiring manager, another employee relations manager, and then met with the vice president of HR. The hiring manager and employee relations manager traveled to meet with me and then I traveled to meet with the vice president of HR. Overall was a great experience and felt respected through the process.

Interview Question – No surprise or unexpected questions. They asked appropriate questions to gage experience and training for the position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Highmark.

Interview Details – Very straightforward process. Applied online. After a few days, I received an email telling me that I advanced to the initial assessment. This was a series of questions, mostly behavior related. This only took about 10 min to complete. The next morning, I received and email inviting me to complete a more thorough assessment. This took about 2 hours. It consists of a series of timed tasks so do not begin it until you will have a 2-hour, uninterrupted period of time. Once you start it you cannot pause. It consisted of a typing test and taking a few simulated customer calls. It was OK. If you pass, you will receive another email (allow a day or two) inviting you to schedule an in-person interview.

The interview took about 45 minutes. All behavior questions - STAR format. Interviewer was very nice and explained the position well. I haven't heard back yet. I was not asked to sign off on Background search at this point, so I am not very hopeful for a call back.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you had to tell a customer "no".   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Director IT Interview

Director IT
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Highmark in July 2011.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a executive recruiter. They screened me and then had a phone screen with the hiring manager. Had another call with the internal HR recruiter. A couple of weeks later had onsite interviews. Was concerned about taking the role--had a lot of questions for the interviewers and should have followed my instincts. Lots of poor performers lost in a maze

Interview Question – None. CIO talked for 28 minutes of the 30 minute interview. Most others asked about my leadership style....asked because the company is void of leadership. Very command and control   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Got blood out of a turnip but that is not the case anymore. Hard standards now in place

Applications Developer Interview

Applications Developer
Camp Hill, PA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Highmark in March 2012.

Interview Details – Be prepared to answer technical questions when being interviewed. Most interviews are conducted with 2 people, one who is a techie and the other more of a management person. They will ask your familiarity with the types of systems they support. They go over the standard 24/7 365 support and alternate work schedule options to make the job seem to balance out between the extra time you need to put in and the ability to balance family life.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult work situation you have encountered and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Sourcing Specialist
Camp Hill, PA

I applied online - interviewed at Highmark in July 2011.

Interview Details – Long and involved, took 6 months until hired.

Interview Question – How do you handle stress?   View Answer

Client Service Coordinator Interview

Client Service Coordinator
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Highmark in January 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring process very fast but a little disorganized

Interview Question – What can you bring to the position you are being interviewed for?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating phase.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Highmark in May 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted through website; all communications for interviews are through email; one in person interview and was contacted the following day with an offer. Did two phone interviews because manager was located in a different city. In person interview lasted an hour and interacted directly Senior Director as well as direct manager.

Interview Question – Nothing outside of the ordinary project management questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Received documents via email to review and approve online. All communications went through HR.

Worked for Highmark? Contribute to the Community!