Highmark Interview Questions

Updated Mar 13, 2015
Updated Mar 13, 2015

2.6

Summerfor Associate Claims Processing Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Highmark.

Very brief and informal, but personal interview. They wanted to know why I wanted to work at Highmark, what my availability would be like over the summer, and if I was agreeable to the summer internship program with everything that it entailed. The finalization process was long because of the restructuring of the company with a new CEO, and I had to go through a couple of phone screenings to offer references and the like before being able to have my personal interview.

Interview Questions
    • Will you be able to work from May to August and be available for volunteer work out in the city of Pittsburgh as a requirement for the internship position?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Highmark in February 2015.

Applied online received email to set up phone interview with third party screening service. About 4 weeks later emailed to set up an in person interview with Manager, Director, and adjacent BA. One final interview 2 weeks later with VP. Offer given shortly after. Drug Screen, background check and reference check had to be completed.

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Highmark.

A headhunter called me for an initial screening after contacting me via LinkedIn. A week later, I had an interview with my manager/director, then a phone interview with other managers after a few days. I got an offer within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Describe what you could uniquely add to our team.   View Answer
    Not much negotiation - I pushed back, but they didn't really respond. The initial offer was high so I didn't mind but thought it was odd.

Associate Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camp Hill, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Highmark in December 2014.

Process consists of 2 rounds. Initial behavioral round, if cleared, tech round with 2 people.tech interview will be on basic OOP concepts and some managerial questions. Fairly easy interview for strong programming background people.

Interview Questions
    • Basic OOP questions and questions about previous projects.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Highmark.

I did an online application, then I received an e-mail to do an online assessment, and personality test, it took about 45min in all. I then received an e-mail to set up an interview. They do a complete background check, and even pull your credit report. Some of my references were very uncomfortable with the questions they were asked. They felt the question were very personal and inappropriate.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are pretty typical, asking what you would do in certain situatiions dealing with different customer sceneries.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Highmark.

Got a phone call for phone interview then 2 weeks later got in person interview. Still waiting for a decision to be made. The process is taking very long to go through.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Highmark in September 2014.

I applied for 2 positions and was contacted via email that I would be interviewing for one of them. I prepared for that interview; however, when I get there, the interviewer tells me that instead of interviewing me for the job that I was contacted, she will be interviewing me for a general analyst position within the company and if I was a good match, I would qualify for round 2. This was not specified in the email by the way.

The interview was strictly behavioral questions. The interviewer herself was not the hiring manager, but simply taking notes and reporting to a higher manager who makes the decisions.

Overall, a very unorganized process.

Associate Benefits Coding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Highmark in September 2014.

Applied online, received an email about 1 week later advising, I was invited to schedule an interview time. I met with one of the supervisors in the coding department. The interview consisted of situational questions. The interviewer was knowledgable about the position. When I asked about the salary range, she had no clue, which was odd. Overall it was professional.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I had considered going back to my former employer.   View Answer

Associate Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Highmark in July 2014.

Applied on line. Received invitation to take assessment/skills test. Completed in-person interview. The hiring manager was very nice and knowledgeable about the organization. The questions were pertinent to the duties / hours of the position.

Business Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Highmark.

My interview process was fairly benign as I started as a contractor and was hired full time. Therefore there were no unexpected questions or anything. Depending on the department some interviews can be odd, I've seen some recently done in the fish bowl conference rooms which I would personally find intimidating.