Hightail

www.hightail.com
  www.hightail.com

Hightail Interview Questions

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hightail.

Applied through University
    got call for onsite interview after 2 weeks

The entire process took 2 weeks. I applied through my school's career center and received an on-campus interview promptly. I do not think I was completely qualified for the position, so it is understandable that I did not pass the interview. I never received any communication after my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Resume walk-through, Agile development, Innovative ideas, Java OOPS, SQL   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hightail in March 2014.

Telephonic and two face - face interviews

Interview Questions
    • Describe a technical problem you overcame, describe in details the problem statement and the hands solution to it   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hightail.

It was great.

Effective and clear. Painless.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hightail.

I was referred by an employee at the time. I sent him my resume and then they set up a series of phone screens for me to complete. After completing them, they wanted to interview . The interview consisted of 5 people of various titles. After the interview, I was given notice a few days later.

Interview Questions
    • What do you like and not like about Xcode? It was an open ended question, but at the time there were lots of thoughts running through my head. The only thing I could think of were reasons why I liked Xcode, but couldn't really elaborate more on what I didn't like.   View Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hightail.

This is really a great company, it's a hidden gem in Silicon Valley.

The technology is new and relevant. The people that work there are smart and friendly. It's profitable. Exec management seems to know how to manage money, instead of accumulating mountains of debt/VC money and spending it on advertising, they're more careful about how they spend.

The perks are great... free drinks (beyond soda), and snacks. Nice yuppi location if you have a family. Other perks.

Also, it's a fairly engineering-driven company... the PM said "Everybody is a PM here" ... meaning everybody influences the products' direction.

Interview Questions
    • They basically asked "google interview" questions... code an algorithm on the white board. They also asked Qs about cultural fit, how to make the product better, etc.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hightail in June 2013.

Applied for an internship online in June 2013 - I heard back within a week.

The interview process was straightforward. A phone screen with an HR representative, then a phone screen with an Engineer on the team. A few days later they asked me to come to the company headquarters in Campbell for an on-site interview. I had 5 interviews. The first lasted about 15 minutes and was with the Director of Product, this was mostly questions about company fit. The next two interviews were technical, each lasting about 30-45 minutes. The questions were straightforward, some recursion questions, linked-list questions, and for-loop modulus questions. The fourth interview was over lunch with an engineer, and was a good chance to ask questions and hear honest feedback. Last meeting was with the Mobile Team Lead, no technical questions.

I was called and offered the position later that day. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • Fizz Buzz is a popular drinking game. Everyone sits in a circle and starts saying numbers, starting at one, then two, etc. If the number is a multiple of 3, you say Fizz instead of the number. If the number is a multiple of 5, you say Buzz instead of the number. If the number is a multiple of 3 and 5, you say Fizz Buzz instead of the number. Write an algorithm to print the numbers 1-100, printing Fizz, Buzz, and Fizz Buzz at the appropriate times.   View Answer
    • Given the pointer address of a node in a singly linked list, remove that node.   Answer Question
    • Given a integer, n, write a recursive algorithm to return n!   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hightail in April 2013.

I had two phone calls with the VP of Engineering to learn more about what the company did and what the position was for. Then was brought into the office for an on-site for about 4 hours. Lunch was included with the team that I was to join.

Interview Questions
    • There were some very high level questions about my philosophical beliefs on organization and orchestration.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hightail in March 2011.

Very disorganized. VP of Engineering was scheduled to interview. He was a no show.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a what-if architecture for a new offering.   View Answer

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hightail in November 2010.

Phone interview, then face to face with three individuals, the hiring manager, then a technical interview and finally a peer interview. The hiring manager wanted to explain the job, the technical interview was gauging the depth of the candidates technical skill set, and the peer interview was more of a cultural fit

Interview Questions
    • Why are point to point VPNs not exactly the best way to connect LANS   View Answers (2)

SQL Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hightail in December 2009.

I am SQL Server guy and I am willing to learn MySQL or any other database if needed. I find out that You Send It uses MySQL a lot, my resume clearly explained that I have no MySQL and I explain that in my covering letter I don't mind learning support MySQL.

There was a phone interview time set it up by the recruiter from the company, got a call, first question was how much knowledge I have on MySQL, I said I am not strong in MySQL specific but willing learn, interviewer just hang up the phone by saying "Thanks, and we will call you".