Hightail Interview Questions

Updated Mar 30, 2015

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Worst interview experience so far. Recruiter setup a phone interview with the hiring manager. She told me I would be working in a call center. Not what the job description said at all! so lame.

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn, and was approached by a recruiter and then scheduled a phone interview through the same recruiter. Next came the Phone Screen, general questions and several technical questions asked. After, another Phone Screen took place, and more technical questions asked. After, an onsite interview consisted of several different engineers you will be working with each asking different questions for 45mins each.

Interview Questions

• If you are applying as a Javascript Engineer, it will be necessary to review vanilla JS, scope, oojs, the use of popular js libs, css, sass, angular, html   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hightail.

Interview

Applied through University got call for onsite interview after 2 weeks The entire process took 2 weeks. I applied through my school's career center and received an on-campus interview promptly. I do not think I was completely qualified for the position, so it is understandable that I did not pass the interview. I never received any communication after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Resume walk-through, Agile development, Innovative ideas, Java OOPS, SQL   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Telephonic and two face - face interviews

Interview Questions

• Describe a technical problem you overcame, describe in details the problem statement and the hands solution to it   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hightail.

Interview

It was great.

Negotiation

Effective and clear. Painless.

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA).

Interview

I was referred by an employee at the time. I sent him my resume and then they set up a series of phone screens for me to complete. After completing them, they wanted to interview . The interview consisted of 5 people of various titles. After the interview, I was given notice a few days later.

Interview Questions

• What do you like and not like about Xcode? It was an open ended question, but at the time there were lots of thoughts running through my head. The only thing I could think of were reasons why I liked Xcode, but couldn't really elaborate more on what I didn't like.   1 Answer

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA).

Interview

This is really a great company, it's a hidden gem in Silicon Valley. The technology is new and relevant. The people that work there are smart and friendly. It's profitable. Exec management seems to know how to manage money, instead of accumulating mountains of debt/VC money and spending it on advertising, they're more careful about how they spend. The perks are great... free drinks (beyond soda), and snacks. Nice yuppi location if you have a family. Other perks. Also, it's a fairly engineering-driven company... the PM said "Everybody is a PM here" ... meaning everybody influences the products' direction.

Interview Questions

• They basically asked "google interview" questions... code an algorithm on the white board. They also asked Qs about cultural fit, how to make the product better, etc.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied for an internship online in June 2013 - I heard back within a week. The interview process was straightforward. A phone screen with an HR representative, then a phone screen with an Engineer on the team. A few days later they asked me to come to the company headquarters in Campbell for an on-site interview. I had 5 interviews. The first lasted about 15 minutes and was with the Director of Product, this was mostly questions about company fit. The next two interviews were technical, each lasting about 30-45 minutes. The questions were straightforward, some recursion questions, linked-list questions, and for-loop modulus questions. The fourth interview was over lunch with an engineer, and was a good chance to ask questions and hear honest feedback. Last meeting was with the Mobile Team Lead, no technical questions. I was called and offered the position later that day. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Fizz Buzz is a popular drinking game. Everyone sits in a circle and starts saying numbers, starting at one, then two, etc. If the number is a multiple of 3, you say Fizz instead of the number. If the number is a multiple of 5, you say Buzz instead of the number. If the number is a multiple of 3 and 5, you say Fizz Buzz instead of the number. Write an algorithm to print the numbers 1-100, printing Fizz, Buzz, and Fizz Buzz at the appropriate times.   1 Answer
    • Given the pointer address of a node in a singly linked list, remove that node.   Answer Question
    • Given a integer, n, write a recursive algorithm to return n!   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hightail in April 2013.

Interview

I had two phone calls with the VP of Engineering to learn more about what the company did and what the position was for. Then was brought into the office for an on-site for about 4 hours. Lunch was included with the team that I was to join.

Interview Questions

• There were some very high level questions about my philosophical beliefs on organization and orchestration.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Campbell, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hightail (Campbell, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Very disorganized. VP of Engineering was scheduled to interview. He was a no show.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe a what-if architecture for a new offering.   1 Answer