Hilcorp Energy

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

Very cool company, great group of engineers gave us a good presentation over the company. They were very professional, basically they asked the most common interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. I did not get the job but was very pleased with interviewing with them. They were all very nice and I would gladly work for a company like this.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilcorp Energy in February 2014.

Was brought in for an interview at the Hilcorp main office in downtown Houston. I arrived early and was eventually brought into a lounge where I was interviewed by a recruiter. After 20 minutes, I was then taken to a second one-on-one interview with the head controller (accountant). It was a pleasant experience and a challenging interview.

Interview Questions
    • Name and explain a situation in which you failed and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Internal Financial Reporting Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilcorp Energy in January 2014.

Applied on company website and was contacted within a week for an interview. From the receptionist, to the Senior Analysts and Supervisor who interviewed me, all were welcoming and professional. I was asked if the position fits my needs, and it became evident the company cares for their employees. From the initial contact, to the extension of my offer, the process was smooth and the company seemed like a great fit.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly availability and understanding of the position.   Answer Question
    No negotiating was necessary, as it was clear the position was very opportune for a full time student.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Hilcorp Energy.

Panel interviews on 2 separate days consisting of face to face sessions with each member of the department I was to be working with.

On the first interview day, I met with 5 people who came in one after the other in 30minute interview sessions. The same thing occurred on the 2nd interview day as well, where I met some company higher-ups.

Apparently the process after the interview stage are background, credit and reference checks, before an offer is made.

Some of the interviewers were really friendly, professional and eager to answer questions and sell the company. However i feel that a 2nd interview was unnecessary as the first interview was sufficient enough for an offer to have been made.

On the 2nd interview, one of the interviewers kept yawning and interjecting rudely which I feel was very unprofessional and discourteous.

I also never heard from them with an update after my 2nd interview, which is also unprofessional as I had expended over 8 hours in accumulated interview time for the 2 interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were straightforward enough: Tell me about yourself. Why would you be a good fit for this position. What do you know about us.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilcorp Energy in June 2010.

Hilcorp Energy Company has the reputation as a premier mid size company to work for; I was very pleased to have had the opportunity to interview with the organization. My interview was with the VPHR. The interviewer was very professional, made the interview a comfortable experience, and was forthcoming with company information when I asked questions. The entire interview was a positive experience. Hilcorp Energy Company hires the best of the best and the company profits are the "proof in the pudding." I believe I was not hired for the position because my skill set did not align a closely as we had hoped. Even though I did not get the position, I would recommend Hilcorp Energy Company, as a #1 company for anyone job searching to consider.

Interview Questions
    • When one does not have ALL of the qualifications required for the position being interviewed for, and the interviewer believes the interviewee might be a good fit for the organization, sometimes very rarely, the interviewer will suggest another position and ask questions about needed skills for that position. This was the case for me.   View Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Victoria, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilcorp Energy in February 2010.

This was a standard interview at a university to try to get an intern job for the summer as a petroleum engineer. Hilcorp personnel were extremely nice and friendly, but they did not have many positions to fill, so most interviewed knew that nothing was coming to come of the interview. Only advice is to know what you are talkiing about and be enthusiastic.

Interview Questions
    • Only questions had to do with technical knowledge and grades.   Answer Question
    Not able to negotiate at all. They made a standard offer.