Hilcorp Energy

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Interviewed at Hilcorp Energy

Interview Details – Very cool company, great group of engineers gave us a good presentation over the company. They were very professional, basically they asked the most common interview questions, nothing out of the ordinary. I did not get the job but was very pleased with interviewing with them. They were all very nice and I would gladly work for a company like this.

Interview Question – Name a time where you overcame an obstacle.   Answer Question

Internal Financial Reporting Co-Op Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilcorp Energy in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied on company website and was contacted within a week for an interview. From the receptionist, to the Senior Analysts and Supervisor who interviewed me, all were welcoming and professional. I was asked if the position fits my needs, and it became evident the company cares for their employees. From the initial contact, to the extension of my offer, the process was smooth and the company seemed like a great fit.

Interview Question – Mainly availability and understanding of the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating was necessary, as it was clear the position was very opportune for a full time student.

Analyst Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and interviewed at Hilcorp Energy.

Interview Details – Panel interviews on 2 separate days consisting of face to face sessions with each member of the department I was to be working with.

On the first interview day, I met with 5 people who came in one after the other in 30minute interview sessions. The same thing occurred on the 2nd interview day as well, where I met some company higher-ups.

Apparently the process after the interview stage are background, credit and reference checks, before an offer is made.

Some of the interviewers were really friendly, professional and eager to answer questions and sell the company. However i feel that a 2nd interview was unnecessary as the first interview was sufficient enough for an offer to have been made.

On the 2nd interview, one of the interviewers kept yawning and interjecting rudely which I feel was very unprofessional and discourteous.

I also never heard from them with an update after my 2nd interview, which is also unprofessional as I had expended over 8 hours in accumulated interview time for the 2 interviews.

Interview Question – The questions were straightforward enough: Tell me about yourself. Why would you be a good fit for this position. What do you know about us.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Engineering Interview

Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilcorp Energy in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hilcorp Energy Company has the reputation as a premier mid size company to work for; I was very pleased to have had the opportunity to interview with the organization. My interview was with the VPHR. The interviewer was very professional, made the interview a comfortable experience, and was forthcoming with company information when I asked questions. The entire interview was a positive experience. Hilcorp Energy Company hires the best of the best and the company profits are the "proof in the pudding." I believe I was not hired for the position because my skill set did not align a closely as we had hoped. Even though I did not get the position, I would recommend Hilcorp Energy Company, as a #1 company for anyone job searching to consider.

Interview Question – When one does not have ALL of the qualifications required for the position being interviewed for, and the interviewer believes the interviewee might be a good fit for the organization, sometimes very rarely, the interviewer will suggest another position and ask questions about needed skills for that position. This was the case for me.   View Answer

Petroleum Engineer Interview

Victoria, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Hilcorp Energy in February 2010.

Interview Details – This was a standard interview at a university to try to get an intern job for the summer as a petroleum engineer. Hilcorp personnel were extremely nice and friendly, but they did not have many positions to fill, so most interviewed knew that nothing was coming to come of the interview. Only advice is to know what you are talkiing about and be enthusiastic.

Interview Question – Only questions had to do with technical knowledge and grades.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate at all. They made a standard offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hilcorp Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hilcorp Energy interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hilcorp Energy employees and interview candidates.