Hill International Interview Questions

2.0

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marlton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Hill International.

Telephone interview + HQ interview then local (final) chat. Very simple and nothing to worry about whatsoever. Actually the people come across pretty well. Nothing technical more inquisitive. They are interested in contacts and what business can be bought into the company. This is the primary reason for hiring a person - the technical abilities appear to be secondary.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult here. A very simple recruitment process. They want your contacts.   Answer Question
    Not really, they HR person was very good and indicated salary from $180-280k. I settled on $230k

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hill International.

First step was a basic phone screen with the recruiter. Second step was a one on one with the recruiter in the office. Third step was an interview with the VP and employee from the department. Offer was given via phone call.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a salary equal to my experience but it was turned down. I was offered something significantly low.

Construction Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Hill International in September 2009.

Basic 30 minute college interview for an entry level job. I was asked simple personality questions such as describing an obstacle I overcame, an experience with a difficult coworker or school group member, and the usual interview stuff. Also asked where I see myself in 2 and 5 years, and what I like to do in my free time (I wasn't prepared for that one at the time, but have been asked several times since then). The person interviewing me was about 23-24 and was incredibly cocky. Half of the interview he criticized my answers and tried to prove to me how much better he was than me. At one point I considered getting up, telling him what I think about him and walking out. Probably should have done it. Yes it's probably an isolated incident with someone who wasn't part of the HR team, just a guy they pulled from a desk to help them interview. However, thats the experience I had. On the other hand, I heard great things about the woman who was in charge of recruitment at PSU (and maybe all of Hill's college recruitment) from people whom she interviewed. It's a good company though - good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer
    • What do you like to do for fun / in your free time?   View Answer

Contracts Manager Interview

Not a real pain, not a real interview process as the position has been for the Middle East affiliate. The idea was to immediately get someone onboard because the previous team had been scratched off overnight.

Translator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tulcea (Romania)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulcea (Romania)

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Hill International in March 2012.

It was an awkward interview as the people that supposed to interview me didn't knew what to say. I had only one interview and I did almost all the asking and talking.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I applied online - interviewed at Hill International in December 2011.

Only 2 rounds of interview highly professional and if you are a very good experienced then it done. otherwise its very easy to catch the fake experienced people. don't claim fake experience. each and every previous employer is verified by either Hill or some third party.

Interview Questions
    • There are few difficult questions but if you are prepared thoroughly its done.   Answer Question
    5%- 6% can be negotiate

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brinje (Slovenia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brinje (Slovenia)

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Hill International in February 2010.

I applied for a position, enclosed my CV, photo and other requested documents. About a week later I received an email with an invitation to a 1:1 interview on the next day (!!!). As asked, I confirmed it immediately, but during the next half an hour I was called a few times and each time I was asked to postpone it to a different time (great organization, isn't it). At the interview I was asked a few basic questions about my previous employers (nothing technical or otherwise relevant for the position), then the "consultant" (this buzzword is copied from her business card) suddenly found out that I was experienced in other fields but not in the right ones for the position. That wasn't true (as it was obvious from my CV), her "explanation" was obviously too "templatish", so I asked her to elaborate the statement. She failed to say anything meaningful, she obviously got nervous and angry (in her eyes I could read that she would like to throw me out) so I got up and walked out. I wonder how come she only found that out at the interview stage and not before (as mentioned, it was impossible to find this out from her previous questions), she wasn't even polite enough to apologize me for wasting my and also her precious time.

To conclude, all talented and skilled candidates should either ignore Hill International completely or face humiliating treatment, "spiced" with plenty of buzzwords and illogical statements.

Interview Questions
    • What were you doing at one of your previous employers?   Answer Question

Worked for Hill International? Contribute to the Community!