Hill Physicians Medical Group

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hill Physicians Medical Group

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hill Physicians Medical Group in July 2014.

From start to finish the entire interview process, which included a telephone screening with the HR recruiter, one case study activity via email, a group interview with a panel of project and program managers and a 1:1 interview with the director of the dept, took about 60+ days. The HR manager said that's normal for the Clinical Innovations dept.

The HR recruiter was extremely slow to respond to calls and emails, but nice once you got her on the phone. The panel was stiff, a bit cold and mechanical throughout so it was difficult to determine if they were people I would enjoy working with. I interpreted their aloofness as a sign that they may not be a very happy group of folks or that the environment did not promote a culture of fun perhaps. Panel didn't know what had happened prior to the interview or what would happen after, which makes me think the organization is pretty fragmented and depts don't collaborate. After the panel interview I wanted to withdraw my application - my gut feeling was that HPMG wasn't for me - but I decided to continue with the interview process to get more practice interviewing.

I believe I got a 1:1 interview with the director because of a recommendation from their VP who I had worked with in a previous org. That interview was the worst experience, and from it I'm grateful to have learned what not to do when interviewing applicants. It was clear from the start the director had made up her mind that I didn't fit the role even before we met and it appeared that she was hell bent on convincing me that I didn't have the qualifications for the role. I have experienced job rejection in the past but have never walked out of an interview feeling belittled as I did at HPMG. Very strange and unpleasant experience. I don't plan to work here.

Interview Questions
    • Have you had to work with internal and Extertal partners? Tell us about that experience.   Answer Question
    • What was your impression of the case study exercise?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hill Physicians Medical Group in April 2014.

I applied it online and got the telephone interview and onsite interview opportunity. HR said they will send me a conditional offer next week, but I never got it and I emailed with no reply. Good luck to anyone want's to work there.

Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hill Physicians Medical Group in September 2013.

A few phone interviews with HR, 1 phone screening by manager. After that was called for few rounds of in-person interview. Questions were pretty standard and nothing very challenging.

Interview Questions
    This appeared one of the cheapest company during the negotiation phase. But I wanted to get out of my previous job so badly that I took it for less overall compensation.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hill Physicians Medical Group.

On line application process is easy and you will get and auto response once submitted. Phone screen interview will follow. Then a one on one followed by a panel interview. Interviewers are skilled in asking the right questions. Open and relaxing process.

Interview Questions
    • What specific skills do you have that will make us better? How do you deal with difficult people, conflict and change.   View Answer
    Low offer initially but open to negotiation. Initial offer will be low. Good sign on bonus. Annual performance reviews will factor in to an annual pay increase. Bonus is given if review is above average and company goals are met.