Hill-Rom Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

3.2

Customer Service Rental Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brookville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hill-Rom (Brookville, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I scheduled a phone interview through email a few days after I applied. I got an email the next day to come schedule a face interview. Once I arrived I waited for sometime since they scheduled three people at once. The interview went well. I interviewed with two people. They were both friendly. I did notice that one of them was trying to hold back laughing at some points (probably because I was nervous and over talked). They did let me finish though! I left the interview knowing I did not get the position because there was no connection and they did not seem interested in answering any of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a good relationship with a co worker where it helped you out at work? How did you build that relationship?   Answer Question

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Hill-Rom (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I first had two separate phone interviews that involved basic information and some behavioral questions. Then I was flown to Chicago for a one day interview period. This involved 4 hour-long interviews with various people which involved more behavioral questions. It was pretty tough and the questions were nonstop.

Interview Questions

• What is the highest level of financial analysis you have experience in?   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hill-Rom (Cary, NC).

Interview

I filled out an online application and added an employee referral. About three days later I receive an email asking me to pick a date for a telephone interview. The telephone interview was with a recruiting service and they asked basic screening questions. I receive another email to set a time for a second telephone interview which was with the HR manager at the location the position would actually work at. That interview went well also. I then get invited for a face-to-face interview with the two top executives and the HR manager. The process was very quick, until after the final interview where I did not hear anything from HillRom for quite some time. I did the courtesy thank you emails followed by another quick email after a week (because they seemed to want to hire someone quickly). After not hearing from anyone for another 1.5 weeks, I decide to call the HR manager. She stated that they were still in the interviewing process. After my call, I received an email about 2 days later saying they decided to go with another candidate.

Interview Questions

• They were more interested in how I would "fit in" with the people there. The questions were very generic.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hill-Rom in November 2014.

Interview

One phone interview, 30 minutes long, not difficult, all behavioral questions. The second interview was in Chicago in their downtown offices. The interview consisted of 5 50 minute interviews that consisted of mostly behavioral questions, one case study.

I didn't want to live in Batesville Indian

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Hill-Rom (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

Had phone interview. Called back a week later and was invited to Chicago for second round interview. Second round interviews lasted all day. Had 5 hour long interviews with senior finance leaders in the company. The lunch was also with the CFO. The only breaks we had were learning about the company. It was an exhausting process that did not allow for our best performance.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell someone very bad news?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Batesville, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hill-Rom (Batesville, IN) in August 2014.

Interview

I submitted my application online. After that I was contacted by recruiting personnel, and completed a phone interview with them. Next the hiring manager emailed me to schedule a phone interview. An onsite interview followed. The onsite interview consisted of 45 minute interviews with 4 different people. It was a very enjoyable interview, and I left even more excited about Hill-Rom then when I arrived.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience dealing with various levels of people within an organization?
      Why do you want to work for Hill-Rom?

Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hill-Rom in July 2014.

Interview

First interview was over the phone and with a company contracted to do the initial interview. The interview was very obviously just reading from a script. See below for questions.
    The second interview was also over the phone and was conducted by the head of IT support for the Acton facility. He was doing it all and was now hiring someone to help. The job itself was a mixture of help desk and server (all windows).
    I did not make the third interview but it would have been on site and face to face, a three hour process with a number of people.
    The second interviewer told me I would hear from them whether or not I made it to the third round but I didn't.
    In my personal opinion he seemed like a nice guy and I was somewhat surprised I didn't hear back from him one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• The initial screen asked many behavioral questions. They were all worded 'give me an example of a time', I don't recall them all but some of them were:
      - what was a particularly challenging problem you ran into and how did you resolve it?
      - how would you handle a difficult situation with a client (end user)?
      - how would you handle a situation where you had a project deadline and knew a couple of days prior you couldn't meet it?
      - how did you solve a problem that didn't have an obvious solution?
      - what did you learn from a project that didn't turn out the way it was supposed to?
      - why do you want to work at this company?
      - how did you recover from a mistake you made?
      - give example of improving something without being asked.

Answer Question

User Experience Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hill-Rom in May 2014.

Interview

My interview was initiated by a recruiter and this may have had something to do with the outcome. The recruiter submitted my resume and the hiring manager wanted to interview me. I arranged a time and day to receive a call and awaited the phone to ring. After 10 minutes past that scheduled interview time I emailed recruiter. He knew nothing so I thought there was some sort of change at Hill-Rom. After the weekend the recruiter emailed me with apologies from the hiring manager and said they wanted to set up another time.

The time came and I waited on the call. None came again. I emailed recruiter and he did not know what happened. But he did give me the hiring managers number. I promptly called and I went into voice mail. Waited 5 minutes and left another message. I waited 10 minutes and this time I got the hiring manager. She said she heard my other messages and she was busy. I asked if she wanted to reschedule or cancel. She said no lets interview.

I thought the interview went well because she said that she would set up a follow up interview. The job sounded great and its something that I really wanted.

I emailed the recruiter right after and told him the hiring manager wanted to set up another interview. He then told me that the manager told him that they just made an offer to some one else there will be no follow up.

I was disappointed because I really was interested in the job but the way that I had to hunt down the interviewer was not in the professional manner that I had been interviewing. The disregard for my time and the way that I found out about the outcome 5 minutes after the interview was discouraging.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in Agile environment with other disciplines.   1 Answer

Senior/Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hill-Rom (Cary, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

First call was from 3rd party HR company. Person asked 30 min worth of generic questions about experience and just transcribed answers. Second call was from hiring manager. This was a detailed technical interview for 1 hour asking questions about operating systems, embedded sw design, previous work experience, etc.

Interview Questions

• Asked to provide complete design for a set of N software timers that used a single HW timer. Asked for more and more detail as general ideas were presented.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hill-Rom in October 2013.

Interview

Had interview with the manager and another rep. The interview was fairly laid back, though very structured at times. They went through what looked like 30 pages of formal questions, and documented my answers to each. The interviewers were very nice and tried to make the interview as conversational as possible. The whole process lasted more than two hours.

Interview Questions

• They told me to name as many positive adjectives to describe myself. This doesn't sound like a tough question, but after you list 10 or 15 adjectives and it looks like they are still waiting for more, it got a little awkward.   Answer Question