Hill-Rom

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

3.2

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Hill-Rom in November 2014.

One phone interview, 30 minutes long, not difficult, all behavioral questions. The second interview was in Chicago in their downtown offices. The interview consisted of 5 50 minute interviews that consisted of mostly behavioral questions, one case study.

I didn't want to live in Batesville Indian

Financial Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at Hill-Rom in October 2014.

Had phone interview. Called back a week later and was invited to Chicago for second round interview. Second round interviews lasted all day. Had 5 hour long interviews with senior finance leaders in the company. The lunch was also with the CFO. The only breaks we had were learning about the company. It was an exhausting process that did not allow for our best performance.

Interview Questions
    • How would you tell someone very bad news?   View Answer

Service Delivery Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hill-Rom in July 2014.

First interview was over the phone and with a company contracted to do the initial interview. The interview was very obviously just reading from a script. See below for questions.
    The second interview was also over the phone and was conducted by the head of IT support for the Acton facility. He was doing it all and was now hiring someone to help. The job itself was a mixture of help desk and server (all windows).
    I did not make the third interview but it would have been on site and face to face, a three hour process with a number of people.
    The second interviewer told me I would hear from them whether or not I made it to the third round but I didn't.
    In my personal opinion he seemed like a nice guy and I was somewhat surprised I didn't hear back from him one way or the other.

Interview Questions
    • The initial screen asked many behavioral questions. They were all worded 'give me an example of a time', I don't recall them all but some of them were:
      - what was a particularly challenging problem you ran into and how did you resolve it?
      - how would you handle a difficult situation with a client (end user)?
      - how would you handle a situation where you had a project deadline and knew a couple of days prior you couldn't meet it?
      - how did you solve a problem that didn't have an obvious solution?
      - what did you learn from a project that didn't turn out the way it was supposed to?
      - why do you want to work at this company?
      - how did you recover from a mistake you made?
      - give example of improving something without being asked.

Answer Question

User Experience Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Hill-Rom in May 2014.

My interview was initiated by a recruiter and this may have had something to do with the outcome. The recruiter submitted my resume and the hiring manager wanted to interview me. I arranged a time and day to receive a call and awaited the phone to ring. After 10 minutes past that scheduled interview time I emailed recruiter. He knew nothing so I thought there was some sort of change at Hill-Rom. After the weekend the recruiter emailed me with apologies from the hiring manager and said they wanted to set up another time.

The time came and I waited on the call. None came again. I emailed recruiter and he did not know what happened. But he did give me the hiring managers number. I promptly called and I went into voice mail. Waited 5 minutes and left another message. I waited 10 minutes and this time I got the hiring manager. She said she heard my other messages and she was busy. I asked if she wanted to reschedule or cancel. She said no lets interview.

I thought the interview went well because she said that she would set up a follow up interview. The job sounded great and its something that I really wanted.

I emailed the recruiter right after and told him the hiring manager wanted to set up another interview. He then told me that the manager told him that they just made an offer to some one else there will be no follow up.

I was disappointed because I really was interested in the job but the way that I had to hunt down the interviewer was not in the professional manner that I had been interviewing. The disregard for my time and the way that I found out about the outcome 5 minutes after the interview was discouraging.

Interview Questions
    • Have you worked in Agile environment with other disciplines.   View Answer

Senior/Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hill-Rom in April 2014.

First call was from 3rd party HR company. Person asked 30 min worth of generic questions about experience and just transcribed answers. Second call was from hiring manager. This was a detailed technical interview for 1 hour asking questions about operating systems, embedded sw design, previous work experience, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Asked to provide complete design for a set of N software timers that used a single HW timer. Asked for more and more detail as general ideas were presented.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hill-Rom in October 2013.

Had interview with the manager and another rep. The interview was fairly laid back, though very structured at times. They went through what looked like 30 pages of formal questions, and documented my answers to each. The interviewers were very nice and tried to make the interview as conversational as possible. The whole process lasted more than two hours.

Interview Questions
    • They told me to name as many positive adjectives to describe myself. This doesn't sound like a tough question, but after you list 10 or 15 adjectives and it looks like they are still waiting for more, it got a little awkward.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hill-Rom in September 2013.

Had an initial phone interview about the job from a recruiter. Basic info, background info, specifics about the job, work environment. This lead to a 30-45 minute phone interview with the hiring manager with technical based questions. Questions dealt with description of an OS -types like realtime, etc. Also testing situations. Background experience of software development, asking what were my difficulties with my experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you handle errors.   View Answer
    • What are some of the testing that would needed to be done for a vending machine? or a weight scale.   Answer Question

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN
    Anonymous Employee in South Bend, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hill-Rom in April 2013.

Intern process took about three weeks and Hill-Rom utilized Brooksource to find applicants. I had a preliminary phone interview with the recruiter from Brooksource, a follow-up phone interview and an in-person interview with three marketing staff. They were slow to make a decision, and ultimately I went with another company while waiting for an offer from Hill-Rom.

Interview Questions
    • What markets do you see Hill-Rom being able to expand into (lead-gen in reference to foreign markets)?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Batesville, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Batesville, IN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hill-Rom in December 2011.

First, the Hr in R&D department contacted me on the phone and made an appointment to talk with a group leader. Then during the phone interview, the group leader will as some questions base on the resume, such as projects and some programming skills. After that, he asked me for an onsite interview.

For the onsite interview, he first took me to have a lunch in a small restaurant. And ask some general questions such as your hobbies and how you end up in this major or this university. Then he made a tour and showed me around the factories of hillrom, and introduced their products.

For second and third 1:1 interviews, another two project managers will ask for some technical questions based on my resume.

The interview experience is pretty good. And the manager asked me to fill out a background check form online and fax an signed agreement to them. But after one week, I received an automatic rejection email from them without any explanation. I sent an email to the manager but no reply.

Integrations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Hill-Rom in October 2011.

Contract hire -- most are, conversions to direct-hire are the rule. If you make it to the interview stage you're most of the way there.

Interview Questions
    Absolutely no negotiation. You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit.