Hill & Knowlton

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hill & Knowlton in May 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring process was great. There were three rounds of interviews. The Hill & Knowlton office was welcoming and the employees were friendly. Interview was held by the hiring manager and department Vice President. It took roughly one week to hear back from the HR department and be offered the position.

Interview Question – I can't remember, but the interview was a great experience.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Hill & Knowlton in February 2011.

Interview Details – They ask you a bunch of questions, answer them the best you can and then if you're lucky you will get a phone call or an email saying your hired. If you do, congrats, if you dont, sucks to be you.

Interview Question – Why are you here at this company?   View Answer

Accounts Executive Interview

Accounts Executive

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hill & Knowlton.

Interview Details – Online application via email, after which a phone interview was arranged. Interview consisted of standard questions about previous experience, interest in the job etc.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions   Answer Question

Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hill & Knowlton.

Interview Details – Typically need to know someone to get a foot in the door for an interview. Attend job fairs, networking events and reach out to current/former employees who can pass your resume along to the right person. Once you've landed an interview, share a broad range of interest and experience across accounts at previous jobs. Be eager for the job and personable.

Interview Question – What ethical issues might you have with an account?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I received the position over the phone and was emailed my contract with vacation/salary information by email. I negotiated more money by email after that and received a little bit more than my original offer.

Account Executive
Mexico, Distrito Federal (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Hill & Knowlton in June 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was different to any other public relation firms I ever worked. First of all I had an interview with the practice director, then with the General Manager and then a 1:1 interview at client's office. Skills test was quite similar to other firms.

Interview Question – Which is the most confident situation you ever faced?   View Answer

Account Executive

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Hill & Knowlton in April 2009.

Interview Details – I sat for a two-hour timed test, including editing for grammar and style and drafting two mock press releases. Then, I met with two different people for one-on-one interviews, each lasting about half an hour.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hill & Knowlton? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hill & Knowlton Account Executive interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hill & Knowlton employees and interview candidates.