Hill's Pet Nutrition

Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist-Wet Product & Treats Interview

Scientist-Wet Product & Treats
Topeka, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very nice to fly out and picked up by a driver in the middle of winter. Drove to the PNC site and met with five interviewers. Had lunch. Wasn't allowed to tour the facility or lab that I was going to work in but I insisted and they allowed me. Thought at was strange.

Negotiation Details – It was like a sales pitch. Hiring manager was from sales. I asked for salary and benefits in writing.

Driver Interview

Driver
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in December 2010.

Interview Details – You have to go threw 5 steps to get hired over 3 months and do so many Phone and in person interviews. Then you wait for over 45 days then you have to do a 10 hr ride along where you do not get paid and still may not get an offer. Very difficult company and you better have a spotless record or do not waste time.

Interview Question – They want so many scenarios on driving.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – 21.00 hr

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition.

Interview Details – It was so long ago I really don't remember much about the process, I know it was fast for me, somewhere between two to three weeks between first interview to offer.

Negotiation Details – I should have negotiated for a higher wage.

Very Difficult Interview

Operations Technician Interview

Operations Technician
Richmond, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in March 2010.

Interview Details – A joke.there iswho have been in the plants an no team concept. You will be interviewed by indviduals whom have no real life experiences. The one who interviewed where the laziest of th lot.

Interview Question – TYhey are big into the situation questions. They have to full of rehotric because they have no real hard core principles to ask. They subjectively pick and chose by good old boy system   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They will tell you one thing and do the oppositie,

Territory Representative Interview

Territory Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in November 2012.

Interview Details – Had phone screen with HR who basically had me review my resume details with her. I was emailed a week later and asked to join them for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – STAR interview questions. " tell us about a time that you were asked to do something you were not comfortable with" etc.   View Answer

Territory Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition.

Interview Details – I applied online. I had an inital phone interview with a HR recruiter and was told I would hear abck within 2 weeks. I then sat for a 3 person panel interview which had standard STAR method questions. Followed up with a phone call to proceed to the next step of the process which was a scheduled ride along. The offer was extended and negotiations took place.

Interview Question – Explain a situation when you have had to stand up for your beliefs. What was was the outcome?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Ultimately we couldn't relocate due to my husband getting a promotion at work.

Territory Manager

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and 1 in-person panel interview.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioral and situational questions. Good use of STAR method.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I countered. I am waiting to hear if my counter was accepted.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in January 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, phone interview 2 months later, last interview was panel interview.. District Manager, HR, and Regional Manager

Interview Question – Most questions were situational . Tell me about your best success of turning a customer negative into a positive.. Etc.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I countered the offer and got 3% more base salary.

Fayetteville, AR

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in September 2013.

Interview Details – Received call for phone interview two months after applying online. Second interview was two weeks later with district manager, HR person, and upper lvl executive. Typical S.T.A.R interview questions. Said they would make a decision after two weeks. Received call after 15 days that they were not going forward with the process.

Interview Question – Typical behavioral and situational type questions. Were big on relationship selling.   View Answer

Sales Territory Manager Interview

Sales Territory Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition.

Interview Details – Applied online and it took about 3-4 weeks to get a phone interview. I was offered an in person interview within a week and drove 4 hours to the territory to have it. Interviewed with the RM and another woman (I can't remember her role). Standard STAR interview, they took copious notes and took turns asking questions. They said I would hear back in two weeks if I advanced to the next round which was a ride along but I received a call a week later that they would not be moving forward with me.

Interview Question – Explain a time when you encountered an ethical problem at work.   Answer Question

Worked for Hill's Pet Nutrition? Contribute to the Community!