Hill's Pet Nutrition Interview Questions in Topeka, KS

Updated Jun 13, 2014

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition.

One word - STAR interview process. Expect to spend at least half a day on site answering the same types of questions from multiple interviewers. Usually you will have a telephone interview first. Study the STAR method and be prepared with a variety of examples. Be as concise as possible to have the best chance of being offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • I found all of the STAR questions most difficult to answer.   Answer Question
    Generally, the negotiation phase can take months. Just because you don't hear anything right away doesn't mean you are necessarily out of the running.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in July 2011.

Flew into a different city and met with two VPs, one from HR and the other from research. Interviews were typical generic style interviews, "What have you done", "describe a time when..." but no real competency based interviewing and no case study or behavioural work. Interviews lasted a total of about 4 hours though, so comprehensive review of my experiences.

People were very kind and office looked clean and neat, but not particularly crowded.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in May 2011.

Typical interview experience for a marketing position. Initial interview was a phone screen with HR, then one on one on site interviews a few weeks later. Interviews were with the person I would be replacing, the hiring manager and other directors from the department. The interviews were very professional and were about my experience and how that would translate to the work required from the position. Typical behavioral interviews.

Scientist-Wet Product & Treats Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in January 2010.

Very nice to fly out and picked up by a driver in the middle of winter. Drove to the PNC site and met with five interviewers. Had lunch. Wasn't allowed to tour the facility or lab that I was going to work in but I insisted and they allowed me. Thought at was strange.

It was like a sales pitch. Hiring manager was from sales. I asked for salary and benefits in writing.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Topeka, KS

The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in September 2008.

You are brought into a room in which several managers some from different teams around the company, but also with the human resource managers. Brand managers ask you questions in regards to your experience and what you know about the company. They then give you a situation in which you have acted in the past.