Hill's Pet Nutrition

Relevance Date Difficulty

Scientist-Wet Product & Treats Interview

Scientist-Wet Product & Treats
Topeka, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in January 2010.

Interview Details – Very nice to fly out and picked up by a driver in the middle of winter. Drove to the PNC site and met with five interviewers. Had lunch. Wasn't allowed to tour the facility or lab that I was going to work in but I insisted and they allowed me. Thought at was strange.

Negotiation Details – It was like a sales pitch. Hiring manager was from sales. I asked for salary and benefits in writing.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Topeka, KS

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition.

Interview Details – One word - STAR interview process. Expect to spend at least half a day on site answering the same types of questions from multiple interviewers. Usually you will have a telephone interview first. Study the STAR method and be prepared with a variety of examples. Be as concise as possible to have the best chance of being offered a position.

Interview Question – I found all of the STAR questions most difficult to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Generally, the negotiation phase can take months. Just because you don't hear anything right away doesn't mean you are necessarily out of the running.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Topeka, KS

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in May 2011.

Interview Details – Typical interview experience for a marketing position. Initial interview was a phone screen with HR, then one on one on site interviews a few weeks later. Interviews were with the person I would be replacing, the hiring manager and other directors from the department. The interviews were very professional and were about my experience and how that would translate to the work required from the position. Typical behavioral interviews.

Interview Question – How will your experience help you be successful here?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Topeka, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in July 2011.

Interview Details – Flew into a different city and met with two VPs, one from HR and the other from research. Interviews were typical generic style interviews, "What have you done", "describe a time when..." but no real competency based interviewing and no case study or behavioural work. Interviews lasted a total of about 4 hours though, so comprehensive review of my experiences.

People were very kind and office looked clean and neat, but not particularly crowded.

Interview Question – So how much did you actually do?   View Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Associate Product Manager
Topeka, KS

The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Hill's Pet Nutrition in September 2008.

Interview Details – You are brought into a room in which several managers some from different teams around the company, but also with the human resource managers. Brand managers ask you questions in regards to your experience and what you know about the company. They then give you a situation in which you have acted in the past.

Interview Questions

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hill's Pet Nutrition? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hill's Pet Nutrition interview questions and advice in Topeka, KS. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hill's Pet Nutrition employees and interview candidates.