Hilliard Lyons Interview Questions

Updated Feb 26, 2015

2.6

Rather Not Say Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Hilliard Lyons in September 2014.

I had a phone interview, three separate face-to-face interviews, received an offer and accepted, later inquired about maternity leave policy among other benefit questions, the HR person proceeded to stall answering my questions for three weeks, after I followed-up again with the HR representative I received an email that they had retracted their offer because of my "tone." I can only come to the conclusion the delay and retraction was a direct result of my inquiry on maternity benefits. I would not recommend this company to women that have children or are in their reproductive years.

Mutual Fund Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilliard Lyons.

The interview was very standard for a corporate environment. The best way to get an interview with this company is to have a reference. Try to negotiate wages.

Interview Questions
    I definetly felt the negotiation phase was an uphill battle. They want you to accept as little as possible.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Hilliard Lyons in December 2013.

Initially, I was contacted through my campus career center for this opportunity. I was put into contact with the people hiring through email. I scheduled an interview at the office for a date probably one or two weeks in the future. Upon arrival to the office, I had to wait only a short amount of time in the lobby even though I was about 10 minutes early. The office was clean and very open. The employees all seemed very satisfied with their employment. During the actual interview, I did not do much talking. The interviewers seemed not very interested in me but did a fantastic job explaining expectations of the job. It only lasted about 20 minutes. The next day, I contacted the interviewers and thanked them. I was invited back for a second round interview with the managers. They asked a few clerical questions during this interview and were kind of awkward. This was also a short interview. I was asked to bring finished paperwork that they provided via email.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hilliard Lyons in May 2013.

Got the job through a friend of a friend. There wasn't really much to the interview. just a phone conversation for about 20 minutes where my boss was really trying to just get to know me.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilliard Lyons in February 2013.

Basic interview, first interview, no curveballs

Interview Questions
    • what would a past employer identify as a weakness in you?   View Answer

Financial Paraplanner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hilliard Lyons in July 2012.

Met once, job required 90% software work with little to no ability to learn about equity valuation. Sounds like an entry level job, but they hired someone with more experience. Both the interviewer and I understood that I wanted to learn more than a software program. This job could lead to higher paying jobs within the company though.

Sales Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilliard Lyons in July 2010.

phone interview followed by in person with manager and then being introduced the consultant in would be working with. At that point there was a background and drug test and I had to submit fingerprints. After all of that was cleared I was officially offered a job and started the following week.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Hilliard Lyons.

Received an interview by applying through college career site.
    First phone interview consisted of easy behavioral questions.
    THEN came a huge application, credit check, essay questions, recommendations, online quiz (took over an hour), etc.
    Next was a 1:1 interview with a manager near by- relaxing, comfortable conversation

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you made a mistake or failed at something, and what you did to own up to your mistake and why did it happen?   Answer Question