Hilliard Lyons

7 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Assistant Interview

Sales Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilliard Lyons in July 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview followed by in person with manager and then being introduced the consultant in would be working with. At that point there was a background and drug test and I had to submit fingerprints. After all of that was cleared I was officially offered a job and started the following week.

Interview Question – Do you expect to start a family in the next 5 years   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no

Intern Interview

Intern
Louisville, KY

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Hilliard Lyons in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initially, I was contacted through my campus career center for this opportunity. I was put into contact with the people hiring through email. I scheduled an interview at the office for a date probably one or two weeks in the future. Upon arrival to the office, I had to wait only a short amount of time in the lobby even though I was about 10 minutes early. The office was clean and very open. The employees all seemed very satisfied with their employment. During the actual interview, I did not do much talking. The interviewers seemed not very interested in me but did a fantastic job explaining expectations of the job. It only lasted about 20 minutes. The next day, I contacted the interviewers and thanked them. I was invited back for a second round interview with the managers. They asked a few clerical questions during this interview and were kind of awkward. This was also a short interview. I was asked to bring finished paperwork that they provided via email.

Interview Question – Use one word to describe yourself.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hilliard Lyons in February 2013.

Interview Details – Basic interview, first interview, no curveballs

Interview Question – what would a past employer identify as a weakness in you?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern
Carmel, IN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Hilliard Lyons in May 2013.

Interview Details – Got the job through a friend of a friend. There wasn't really much to the interview. just a phone conversation for about 20 minutes where my boss was really trying to just get to know me.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Mutual Fund Associate Interview

Mutual Fund Associate
Louisville, KY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hilliard Lyons.

Interview Details – The interview was very standard for a corporate environment. The best way to get an interview with this company is to have a reference. Try to negotiate wages.

Interview Question – There were no questions out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I definetly felt the negotiation phase was an uphill battle. They want you to accept as little as possible.

Financial Paraplanner Interview

Financial Paraplanner
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Hilliard Lyons in July 2012.

Interview Details – Met once, job required 90% software work with little to no ability to learn about equity valuation. Sounds like an entry level job, but they hired someone with more experience. Both the interviewer and I understood that I wanted to learn more than a software program. This job could lead to higher paying jobs within the company though.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Hilliard Lyons.

Interview Details – Received an interview by applying through college career site.
First phone interview consisted of easy behavioral questions.
THEN came a huge application, credit check, essay questions, recommendations, online quiz (took over an hour), etc.
Next was a 1:1 interview with a manager near by- relaxing, comfortable conversation

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a mistake or failed at something, and what you did to own up to your mistake and why did it happen?   Answer Question

Worked for Hilliard Lyons? Contribute to the Community!