Hillshire Brands Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015
Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.5

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

Was grilled about my knowledge of the company (or lack thereof) immediately before asking anything about myself. Apparently, anything short of listing every product they produce is unsatisfactory. Had to clarify responses to multiple questions since the interviewer didn't understand my answers. Almost as if they didn't have my resume in front of them since they kept using incorrect job titles at previous employers. The only positive was the lack of behavioral interview questions, but the rest of the phone call was fairly miserable. Was happy to not be selected to move forward with the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

they are so desperate, do to their poor employee practices, they just ask you when can you start. run away from this place. don`t consider it an option! they are the most uncaring place i ever worked for! presently using contract labor because the word is out about them. over thirty tecnicians quit in less then two years!!

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hillshire Brands (New London, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with basic questions. Short and to the point. A brief description of the job was included and the total interview was about 20 minutes. They also asked about shift availability and outlined the shifts that they used. They asked about past work history and examples of how you handled a conflict in the workplace in the past.

Interview Questions

• Describe your manufacturing experience?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

I was contacted twice by Hillshire recruiters. The questions they asked during my phone interviews were the basic behavioral interview questions, and I didn't feel that I was able to express my skills and qualifications for the job.

Customer Service Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

Initially worked with a recruiter. Had the opportunity to interview with one branch of the company, and didn't feel it was right for me. Recruiter put me in touch with another area that was a better fit. Overall process took a long time (initally began talks in October, didn't receive offer until January) but I felt it was very thorough, and they worked diligently to find the right fit for me.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Pretty standard questions and process. Applied online. A phone interview a week later with HR. Another phone interview with a hiring manager. Another 2 weeks later, an interview onsite with 5 people---went by fast and had 45 - 60 minutes with each person. Didn't hear back until a month after. Either way, everyone was very friendly and enthusiastic.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected or tough questions. Just make sure you have a MBA and consumer package good experience. It seems they are wanting to have those boxes checked before anything else.   Answer Question

QA Tech Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

I was sent an email communicating their interest in me. Went through an initial interview with direct supervisor and assistant supervisor with the usual behavior based questions trying to see if I'd be a good fit for the department and more questions on how qualified I was for the position. Second interview with the department head with similar questions and a few curve-balls on managing situations with supervisors and hotheads. Third interview with direct supervisor to finalize compensation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a supervisor who ignored you and your requests? What if the supervisor became upset?   1 Answer
    • How would you manage keeping track of constantly changing requirements in departments in which you may not have worked in recently (5 months plus)?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hillshire Brands in December 2013.

Interview

I was approached via LinkedIn by their recruiter. HR was very quick and set up all interviews for one day so I only had to take off half a day of work. I heard back right away. Good experience.

Senior Brand Manager, Innovation Bakery Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL).

Interview

About a week after I applied I had a phone screen with HR which was excellent! Very personable recruiter. Within a week after that, I had a phone interview with hiring manager. Great conversation there as well. I was invited to Chicago for an in-person interview. Flew in one day - interviewed with 4 people the next morning. Pretty standard questions. No big surprises. Done with the interviews at noon. Last interview was with the hiring VP. He said, "Going home today?" I responded, "Yes, flight is at 5:30." He then said, "Great! That gives you time to find someplace for lunch before you head to the airport." HUH? I am still shocked by his comment. I've never been treated so poorly before in an out of town interview situation. I think this says a great deal about the organization - and how this guy leads (runs) his group.

Interview Questions

The onsite interview said it all.

Shift Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hillshire Brands (Macon, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

Received an email to contact and make an appointment for interview. made interview on time but interviewer was 45 minutes late. taken to conference room, and interviewed by two different people for 58 minutes. I have not heard anything from them since.

Interview Questions

• What was your worse problem as a supervisor, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer