Hillshire Brands

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Hillshire Brands in December 2013.

Interview Details – I was approached via LinkedIn by their recruiter. HR was very quick and set up all interviews for one day so I only had to take off half a day of work. I heard back right away. Good experience.

Interview Question – How do you calculate pricing actions?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Trainer Interview

Trainer
Saint Joseph, MO

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Hillshire Brands in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process isn't very long. There is only one interview usually. There doesn't seem to be very high standards for who is hired considering some of the people who have worked at the plant. The interviewers are nice and informative however. This is just for a production job though.

Interview Question – The questions were relatively easy and standard for an interview.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview Details – I was contacted twice by Hillshire recruiters. The questions they asked during my phone interviews were the basic behavioral interview questions, and I didn't feel that I was able to express my skills and qualifications for the job.

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Customer Service Account Manager Interview

Customer Service Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview Details – Initially worked with a recruiter. Had the opportunity to interview with one branch of the company, and didn't feel it was right for me. Recruiter put me in touch with another area that was a better fit. Overall process took a long time (initally began talks in October, didn't receive offer until January) but I felt it was very thorough, and they worked diligently to find the right fit for me.

Interview Question – Standard interview questions.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview Details – Pretty standard questions and process. Applied online. A phone interview a week later with HR. Another phone interview with a hiring manager. Another 2 weeks later, an interview onsite with 5 people---went by fast and had 45 - 60 minutes with each person. Didn't hear back until a month after. Either way, everyone was very friendly and enthusiastic.

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected or tough questions. Just make sure you have a MBA and consumer package good experience. It seems they are wanting to have those boxes checked before anything else.   Answer Question

QA Tech Interview

QA Tech

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview Details – I was sent an email communicating their interest in me. Went through an initial interview with direct supervisor and assistant supervisor with the usual behavior based questions trying to see if I'd be a good fit for the department and more questions on how qualified I was for the position. Second interview with the department head with similar questions and a few curve-balls on managing situations with supervisors and hotheads. Third interview with direct supervisor to finalize compensation.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a supervisor who ignored you and your requests? What if the supervisor became upset?   View Answer
  • How would you manage keeping track of constantly changing requirements in departments in which you may not have worked in recently (5 months plus)?   Answer Question

Buyer Interview

Buyer
Chicago, IL

I applied online - interviewed at Hillshire Brands in October 2012.

Interview Details – Great place to work it seemed, but didnt pay well

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years   Answer Question

Shift Supervisor Interview

Shift Supervisor
Macon, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Hillshire Brands in June 2013.

Interview Details – Received an email to contact and make an appointment for interview. made interview on time but interviewer was 45 minutes late. taken to conference room, and interviewed by two different people for 58 minutes. I have not heard anything from them since.

Interview Question – What was your worse problem as a supervisor, and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Senior Brand Manager, Innovation Bakery Interview

Senior Brand Manager, Innovation Bakery
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview Details – About a week after I applied I had a phone screen with HR which was excellent! Very personable recruiter. Within a week after that, I had a phone interview with hiring manager. Great conversation there as well. I was invited to Chicago for an in-person interview. Flew in one day - interviewed with 4 people the next morning. Pretty standard questions. No big surprises. Done with the interviews at noon. Last interview was with the hiring VP. He said, "Going home today?" I responded, "Yes, flight is at 5:30." He then said, "Great! That gives you time to find someplace for lunch before you head to the airport." HUH? I am still shocked by his comment. I've never been treated so poorly before in an out of town interview situation. I think this says a great deal about the organization - and how this guy leads (runs) his group.

Interview Question – No surprises here with their questioning.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The onsite interview said it all.

Operations Supervisor Interview

Operations Supervisor
Rome, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Hillshire Brands in August 2012.

Interview Details – Approximately 1 week after an online application was submitted, I received a call requesting an interview. The interview took place in a conference room with the Operations Manager whom focused on adaptability and the variation of my background rather than directly related experience. She discussed the company itself and the achievements in the last few years. She was followed by the Plant Manager who asked about background and direct experience. The Human Resources Manager then came in and asked a few questions and answered several of mine regarding benefits etc. the interview was very casual on their part, with the Operations Manager wearing jeans and the company polo. Less than a week later a formal offer was made.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked. The most unexpected question was regarding my chemistry degree's coursework and what analytical methods I was familiar with.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was unsure of any negotiation potential so I took the generous offer without contest.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Hillshire Brands? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hillshire Brands interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Hillshire Brands employees and interview candidates.