Hillshire Brands Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.5

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call from a recruiter saying I had talked to someone else, which I hadn't. A lot of disorganization as multiple recruiters contacted me and nobody knew who I had spoken with. Came in for an interview with a peer and the hiring manager, which went well. Two days later they asked me to meet with VP and were extremely insistent it be the next day. I had to juggle a lot of things to make it work, the interview seemed to go well, and then a few days later I got a form attachment saying they passed - a little cold for getting that far in the process, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Standard experience, management style, working across org questions.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL).

Interview

There were multiple interviews with various cross functional leaders. I was encouraged by the near start-up type operation, but ultimately concerned with the amount of company change and potential sale of the company.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions around areas of managing in a matrix organization, team dynamics, etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Four phone screens, very easy. HR then two hiring managers and HR again. Went from general background questions to background questions to technical skill questions, but no direct tests on skill or techniques.

Interview Questions

• Tell of a time you learned a technical skill for a job?   Answer Question

Trade Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

Standard 30 days between application and phone screen with HR. Then one to two more screens with HR and a manager before the in person interviews. Panel interviews are 2-3 people and they may bounce in and out during the interview to handle needs of the business. Never notified that you are not moving forward, silence is the only way you find out. Having internal referrals does not seem to help your chances with success here.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

Was grilled about my knowledge of the company (or lack thereof) immediately before asking anything about myself. Apparently, anything short of listing every product they produce is unsatisfactory. Had to clarify responses to multiple questions since the interviewer didn't understand my answers. Almost as if they didn't have my resume in front of them since they kept using incorrect job titles at previous employers. The only positive was the lack of behavioral interview questions, but the rest of the phone call was fairly miserable. Was happy to not be selected to move forward with the process.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hillshire Brands (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

A bit disorganized -- waited to interview with different managers, approximately waited 5 to 10 minutes from one interviewer to the next. Low key interviews overall. All interviewers were knowledgeable, interesting and pleasant. They were proud of their company.

Interview Questions

• Why interested in Hillshire career?   1 Answer

Maintenance Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

they are so desperate, do to their poor employee practices, they just ask you when can you start. run away from this place. don`t consider it an option! they are the most uncaring place i ever worked for! presently using contract labor because the word is out about them. over thirty tecnicians quit in less then two years!!

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New London, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Hillshire Brands (New London, WI) in November 2014.

Interview

One on one interview with basic questions. Short and to the point. A brief description of the job was included and the total interview was about 20 minutes. They also asked about shift availability and outlined the shifts that they used. They asked about past work history and examples of how you handled a conflict in the workplace in the past.

Interview Questions

• Describe your manufacturing experience?   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

I was contacted twice by Hillshire recruiters. The questions they asked during my phone interviews were the basic behavioral interview questions, and I didn't feel that I was able to express my skills and qualifications for the job.

Customer Service Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Hillshire Brands.

Interview

Initially worked with a recruiter. Had the opportunity to interview with one branch of the company, and didn't feel it was right for me. Recruiter put me in touch with another area that was a better fit. Overall process took a long time (initally began talks in October, didn't receive offer until January) but I felt it was very thorough, and they worked diligently to find the right fit for me.