Hillstone Restaurant Group Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.4

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

Super corporate. They gave you an incredibly offensive personality test with questions about your personal life. "How many friends do you have of a different race?"will be reporting them. You can't be an introvert on your days off apparently.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group.

Interview

The interviewer was very rude as she was 50 minutes late for the scheduled phone call and did not send a message prior to her lateness. For being part of a company that prides itself in delivering service excellence, she did not exemplify that at all.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Washington, DC).

Interview

Brief and casual interview. Very nice interviewer, but realized during that the position was not for me. Questions revolved around past experiences and reasons for applying. Interviewer didnt have many questions to ask, it was more about me describing myself and my past jobs.

Server Interview

Interview

You sit down with a manager and basically discuss who you are, who they are, and then the questions come. Basic questions that apply to dealing with people, and they ask you to provide examples of when this happened, and how you dealt with it... again general stuff. Make sure to dress for an interview though. You cant show up in sneakers and messy hair. This is a serious company looking for serious people.

Interview Questions

• What was a difficult customer experience for you. How did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

A lot of interviews, unnecessary ones. A couple of tests. They have their own thing in the interview process and you either fit or you don't. Personality test was okay but make sure you read a lot about the company to know how to answer, they are corporation, not just a restaurant. I am actually from Europe so I didn't find IQ test fair cause it had all feet and inch stuff and I use metric system.

Greeter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aventura, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Aventura, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

Extremely long process with not much consideration given; met with multiple managers, took two exams, even had a "trial" shift only to be called three days later to say they're "moving in another direction." Very corporate sounding company with quite a frustrating hiring process. Mostly upset with the time invested.

Interview Questions

• What was a time that you disagreed with a supervisor and how was it solved?   Answer Question

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group.

Interview

Long, about 3-4 interview sessions with different managers and then finally a Skype interview with corporate as well as taking the standard timed IQ test. Ask about past dining experiences and last employer. Talk neutrally about all cases as well as professionally because although it is a restaurant job it is treated as an office setting.

Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group (Santa Ana, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was unable to attend the career fair at school so I sent over my resume through our job portal. Recruiter emailed me and we set up a phone interview, which lasted 15 minutes. Just a phone screening to see why you're interested in the job and the company. Next was a video conference interview, which was more in-depth where the recruiter asked questions to determine if you were a good fit for that position. They got back to me in 2 days, telling me I wasn't going to continue on in the process.

Interview Questions

• Q: How do you handle stress? Q: What would your manager say about you? Q: What would your colleagues say about you? Q: Tell me about yourself. Q: Tell me about a situation in which you handled a customer complaint. Q: Do you have any questions for me? Q: Why do you want to work for Hillstone? Q: How do you feel about relocating?   1 Answer

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group in March 2015.

Interview

Over 2 hours just for the initial walkin. Iq test personality test background check including credit annoying and not necessary! Now I'm waiting to do a Skype interview. Young annoying managers no experience they look like children. I won't be taking this corporate bs job

Interview Questions

• If a manger you dislike criticisizes you how you take it?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Hillstone Restaurant Group.

Interview

Met the recruiter on campus and then had a skype interview a week later. The recruiter was very friendly and accommodating. The interview was relaxed and conversational. After meeting the recruiter at a career fair, I emailed him a couple days later and got an immediate response. The online interview happened a week later.