Hilmar Cheese Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2014

2.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Hilmar Cheese

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilmar Cheese.

There were two phone interviews. The first was with HR, and the second was with the head of the department I would work under. First interview was behavioral. Second one was just an explanation of the project. I heard the other interns had up to four interviews. There were no other interviews for me except the phone ones.

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilmar, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hilmar, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilmar Cheese in February 2013.

Interview was intense, about six managers on one. It is difficult to answer questions back to back. But you do get to meet plenty of people. They were nice and respectful as well.

Production Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalhart, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dalhart, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Hilmar Cheese in June 2011.

they make you test, then they interview you via a panel of managers. You must pass a physical and a hair drug analysis. They ask run of the mill questions, tell us about yourself, how would you describe your work ethic, how are your communication skills, do you work well with others, are you afraid of heights, do you make safety a priority, if you could describe yourself in 5 words - what would they be and why, are you punctual, are you comfortable with physical labor?

Interview Questions
    • With no previous experience in this field, why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Lab Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Hilmar Cheese in January 2011.

I submited an application online and one and half months later HR ask for a interview. I meet with a panel of supervisors consition of Whey Production, Receiving, Processing, and Labratory. The supervisors were very friendly and courtious. The meeting began by each of them introducing themselves and the department they oversee. I was asked to tell them about myself. I touched on key responsiblities that I performed at each of my previous jobs.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiations. The beginning pay rate is 12.35/hr for the first three months and then 13.00/hour after that. Dalhart is a rural town with limited housing. There are no apartments complexes and the rental houses are very expensive (850.00/month) and the house are also very old and deteriated. Therefore, a commute from a nearby town is nesessary. Amarillo, Dumas Stratford, Clovis NM are about 40 miles away in each direction. The fuel consumption is going to be costly.

Dalhart, Tx was a bad choice to establish a manufacturing company it is very rural and desoliate. The only reason I can think of for build the plant in Dalhart is that the tax rate in Sherman County is lower than in Moore County for industrial property.

Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Hilmar Cheese in April 2007.

When interviewing the company wanted to know who I was, my background, and what my duties were. they wanted to know how I deal with the people and how I lead. they are a very family oreinted organisation. they wanted to know how my wie felt about he area and if it was a plade we would like to live.

I was honest and they were very friendly. over all a great experience.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us somthing that you would do diferent if you had the chance to do it again.   View Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your current company?   View Answer
    I just went with what they were willing to do.